Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Blade Runner 2049 (iTunes)
$7.99
15 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road (iTunes)
$7.99
18 hrs ago
Holmes & Watson / Step Brothers / Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$49.99
 
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Hellboy (iTunes)
$7.99
 
Wreck-It Ralph (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Sausage Party / This is the End (iTunes)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
This Is the End / Pineapple Express (iTunes)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels / Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (iTunes)
$12.99
 
The Big Lebowski (iTunes)
$7.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 01:35 AM   #1
foxcek foxcek is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2011
Florida, USA
48
Default VUDU no longer offering Disc + Digital?

I noticed the Disc + Digital option is no longer showing up (at least on all of the films I checked out). Does anyone know if VUDU has stopped doing Disc + Digital? I couldn't find any other posts or news about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:43 AM   #2
bigjim25 bigjim25 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
WV
9
2882
1813
10
842
15
4
475
Default

Might just be a glitch but you never know with VUDU, here's the titles that are usually available.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:46 AM   #3
foxcek foxcek is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2011
Florida, USA
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Might just be a glitch but you never know with VUDU, here's the titles that are usually available.
Thanks! Weirdly enough the only film towards the top of that list that's showing up Disc + Digital is Men In Black International for some reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:35 AM   #4
vraytchev vraytchev is online now
Active Member
 
vraytchev's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
230
1095
236
3750
6421
4294
5
319
Default

Looks like all Disc+Digital buttons are removed, even on movies in the D+D section. That is a shame as I was hoping to get Hobbs & Shaw tomorrow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 AM   #5
Darrin88 Darrin88 is offline
Active Member
 
Darrin88's Avatar
 
Nov 2017
New Braunfels, TX
18
1339
630
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraytchev View Post
Looks like all Disc+Digital buttons are removed, even on movies in the D+D section. That is a shame as I was hoping to get Hobbs & Shaw tomorrow.
Looks fine on my end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 AM   #6
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA
425
5005
108
1008
2
183
Default

I see the same as the others. Most are missing for me. I'm using Chrome for a browser
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:43 AM   #7
JohnGMoney JohnGMoney is offline
Member
 
JohnGMoney's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Dallas, Tx
1308
2
12
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraytchev View Post
Looks like all Disc+Digital buttons are removed, even on movies in the D+D section. That is a shame as I was hoping to get Hobbs & Shaw tomorrow.
I purchased Hobbs & Shaw UHD thru Walmart app and received a instawatch copy for Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #8
alexy25 alexy25 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
alexy25's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGMoney View Post
I purchased Hobbs & Shaw UHD thru Walmart app and received a instawatch copy for Vudu.
HD through IW - Disc + Digital would give UHD - it is a bummer - hopefully they turn it back on tomorrow
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #9
OneWayFilms OneWayFilms is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
OneWayFilms's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Mississippi
1
803
642
333
1
5
Default

I have been a pretty loyal customer of the Disc + Digital promotion, and the last one I took advantage of was ANNABELLE COMES HOME. I got the digital immediately, but last week, when the disc was released, I waited patiently for my disc to arrive, and it never did.

I went to my account on VUDU, found a tracking number and tracked it, and discovered that only a label was printed, but never shipped. To this day, it STILL hasn't been shipped. I have contacted VUDU and they are contacting Walmart to ship my order, but I haven't heard anything yet....but yes, it DOES appear that something is up with this program. No more buttons on their site, even though the disc + digital page is still showing, the button to order is no longer there. And my final order not being shipped out.

Very frustrating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
bfett9 bfett9 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
84
Default

Still seeing it for MIB International but that is it so far
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:01 PM   #11
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
228
1747
437
627
697
981
677
16
Default

Officially announced on the VUDU forums that D+D is NOT going away, and is currently being worked on.

SOURCE
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neverenoughtime (10-15-2019), OneWayFilms (10-16-2019), wjasoncul (10-16-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #12
neverenoughtime neverenoughtime is offline
Active Member
 
neverenoughtime's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Texas
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Officially announced on the VUDU forums that D+D is NOT going away, and is currently being worked on.

SOURCE
Thanks for the info. I have supported disc plus digital the day it went live. I hope it never goes away.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
videopat (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #13
videopat videopat is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
3
3
Default

Would hate to see this service go away, I tried the disc + digital with CRAWL a few weeks ago and it worked amazingly well. I was able to watch the movie instantly on Vudu and got the disc in the mail yesterday. I wish all movies that were released early on digital offered this service, because it rocks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
vraytchev vraytchev is online now
Active Member
 
vraytchev's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
230
1095
236
3750
6421
4294
5
319
Default

Glad to see this is getting fixed, though there is no ETA. In case anyone was interested in getting the Hobbs & Shaw 4K Disc+Digital, you may want to consider that Best Buy currently has an offer where if you preorder on their web site, in addition to the 4K disc + DC you also get a 4K Digital Copy that is redeemable in MA now (keep in mind the extra Digital Copy expires the release day 11/5). It will come in an e-mail a few minutes after you preorder. I wish Best Buy will make this a standard practice as their site is great an more often than not send the movies a few days before release date. Just FYI.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neverenoughtime (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #15
OneWayFilms OneWayFilms is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
OneWayFilms's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Mississippi
1
803
642
333
1
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
I have been a pretty loyal customer of the Disc + Digital promotion, and the last one I took advantage of was ANNABELLE COMES HOME. I got the digital immediately, but last week, when the disc was released, I waited patiently for my disc to arrive, and it never did.

I went to my account on VUDU, found a tracking number and tracked it, and discovered that only a label was printed, but never shipped. To this day, it STILL hasn't been shipped. I have contacted VUDU and they are contacting Walmart to ship my order, but I haven't heard anything yet....but yes, it DOES appear that something is up with this program. No more buttons on their site, even though the disc + digital page is still showing, the button to order is no longer there. And my final order not being shipped out.

Very frustrating.
UPDATE: I finally got an email from VUDU and it said: " The physical copy of the title unfortunately could not be delivered due to logistics issues. The funds should be visible in your account within 3-5 business days.
Sorry for the troubles and inconvenience this caused."

Not only am I not getting the physical copy mailed to me, they REMOVED my digital copy. I am NOT happy about this at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
vraytchev vraytchev is online now
Active Member
 
vraytchev's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
230
1095
236
3750
6421
4294
5
319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
UPDATE: I finally got an email from VUDU and it said: " The physical copy of the title unfortunately could not be delivered due to logistics issues. The funds should be visible in your account within 3-5 business days.
Sorry for the troubles and inconvenience this caused."

Not only am I not getting the physical copy mailed to me, they REMOVED my digital copy. I am NOT happy about this at all.
At least the one silver lightning may be that just today Annabelle Come Home went on sale for the 4K UHD Digital Copy for $10 (I realize you probably want the physical as well, but that one is on sale too in the stores for $15). So you can get the 4K Digital, the physical and then sell the HD code and end up paying less than what you would have when you pre-ordered the Disc+Digital and have the better digital :-).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neverenoughtime (10-23-2019), OneWayFilms (10-29-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #17
TBDave TBDave is offline
Expert Member
 
TBDave's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
387
Default

Looks like Disc + Digital is available again at Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:17 AM   #18
MyBoyBlu MyBoyBlu is offline
Power Member
 
MyBoyBlu's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Virginia
507
Default

Just purchased VUDU D+D of Angry Birds 2 (4K/UHD) for $22.99. Great deal!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #19
50strat54 50strat54 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
50strat54's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
58
Default

Angels Has Fallen 4K is available disc+early digital
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 PM.