Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Josh Groban: Stages (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Notorious B.I.G.: Notorious (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Notorious B.I.G.: Notorious (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Monkees: The Best of the Monkees (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Bread: The Best of Bread (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Gorillaz: Plastic Beach (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons: The Very Best of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis: Far from Men (iTunes)
$7.99
1 day ago
Maroon 5: V (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Katy Perry: Teenage Dream (iTunes)
$6.99

Dua Lipa: Dua Lipa (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Dua Lipa: Dua Lipa (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #1

Nov 2009
Default Please need advice for my first turntable

Hello everyone!

I feel that I want to go into vinyl world, so far I have a few of them, these are movie soundtracks, I just want to be able to listen my favorites theme from Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, etc with all their glory, but I don't know if a turnable brand really matters, I though speakers are more important, well I don't really know ( My front speakers are JAMO)

So I don't want to spend thousands for a turntable, and I was doing some research by my own and I found "House of Marley" which have a pretty nice design and Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT which have a really good reviews and the price is affordable

Please guys tell me which one would be a best choice or if you hve any other suggestions it will be awesome.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel198 View Post
Hello everyone!

I feel that I want to go into vinyl world, so far I have a few of them, these are movie soundtracks, I just want to be able to listen my favorites theme from Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, etc with all their glory, but I don't know if a turnable brand really matters, I though speakers are more important, well I don't really know ( My front speakers are JAMO)

So I don't want to spend thousands for a turntable, and I was doing some research by my own and I found "House of Marley" which have a pretty nice design and Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT which have a really good reviews and the price is affordable

Please guys tell me which one would be a best choice or if you hve any other suggestions it will be awesome.

Thanks
I don't have a particular model in mind for you but some basic suggestions. First, and most important, you don't want something cheap. Vinyl is fragile and a cheap turntable may actually ruin your collection. Secondly, rather than looking up specific turntables, look into some turntable buying guides to help you make a decision. Third, buy a turntable that's going to do what you want it to. Don't spend money on features that you're never going to use. Good luck. I'm beginning to look at a new turntable myself.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Michigan

Going on 4 years now with my first. A Music Hall MMF 2.2. Recently replaced the cartridge and just got an acrylic platter for it.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 02-24-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:17 AM   #4
Special Member

Jul 2014

I'll throw in a suggestion: U-Turn Audio
Very affordable and simple design. They provide a few options for customization and are located in the US. I've had mine for a couple years with the acrylic platter and Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and love it!
Old 03-11-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

Go with a trusted Audiophile brand that has been around for years such as Rega, Pro-ject, Music Hall, etc. Even if you go with the beginner table you will be better off in the long run.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

I've been thinking about this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Fluance-Turnt...%2C221&sr=1-11
Old 08-18-2020, 06:59 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

I would recommend Denon. I got mine as a gift for Christmas back in 2012 and it has been working great ever since. It's not cheap, but it is worth the price. However, one thing no one has mentioned that is very important is picking a turntable based on your receiver, if you have one. You have to have a phono input on your turntable in order to connect it to the receiver. The first receiver I had when I got the turntable was 6 years old and had phono input so I had to make sure the turntable was adaptable. When I got my new receiver 3 years ago, I made sure the receiver was adaptable to the turntable by way of phono input.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music