Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$18.49

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$26.49

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$26.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 07-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #1

Jul 2009
In the galaxy cluster the Local Group, in the Milky Way
Default Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Ad-Hoc Party Orginization

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has recently been released within the U.S. and several other countries, and as such, I decided we should try to get an official thread for your user name, regular time of playing, and needed quests, so we can create parties through here, and come together on Ad-Hoc Party.

MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE

Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Genre: RPG
Players: 1-4
Online Compatibility: Ad-Hoc

Introduction

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the latest game in the Monster Hunter series for the PSP to be released by Capcom. The game is based on creating your own character, and progressing through the game by finishing Chief Quests. As you move through the game, you shall gain in rank, allowing higher ranked quests in the Gathering Hall, allowing for ad-hoc playing with another player, Training Quests, allowing you to practice for money, no fee, and Pekke Points. The game, known for it's difficulty and length, has long been a favorite with many.

This thread is recommended for those who have the game, and not as an introduction to the series. It is to be used to set up Ad-Hoc Parties. If you require any introduction to the series, please follow the link to the thread by sega_smasher:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95950

Ad-Hoc Party

WARNING: THIS ONLY WORKS WITH A WIRED PS3 CONNECTION AND A WIRELESS PSP CONNECTION. THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE A WIRELESS CONNECTION

Ad-Hoc Party is a program that allows a PSP user to connect to their PS3 to use as a server to hold PSP games online, allowing you to play with anyone, rather than from a severely limited distance. To use the beta, please create a Japanese PSN Account. Follow the link for instructions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

After creating the PSN account, enter the Japanese PSN Store, and search through the groups to find an avatar with a green background and white letters with the words Ad-Hoc Party. Download this and from there, create a connection with your PSP and PS3.

Click on the program from the same menu you select games and demos from, and click circle on the first square. Use the buttons on the bottom right to accept (sorry, can't remember which one to click but clicking on the right one I believe works). After this, join into your game on the PSP and enter the Online Gathering Hall with any hall, and click on the third button down on Ad-Hoc Party with the circle button. It shall search for your PSP and hopefully find it. From there, you will see a large circle with the words "WORLD A" and use R1 and L1 to navigate through worlds to World J, where many MHFU Lobbies are held.

From there, use circle to click on any area with your character you see on Ad-Hoc Party. Clicking the first button will move you there, and clicking the second button will create a lobby. If you create a lobby, edit the information through the first button, to create a title for your home, such as "MHFU HR6" or "MHFU BEGINNER" and go down to the button on the middle right and click on it.

To join a home, move your cursor using the analog stick to click on a home using circle to click on it and click the second button down. Click start on your PS3 controller to open a keyboard to communicate between the other people in case you need to talk or ask for what game the lobby is for. After people join, and you move to the same hall, you should be able to see the other players. One person should initiate a quest, and the others join. DO NOT LEAVE THE ONLINE GATHERING HALL AT ALL. After you are all ready, leave out and have fun on the quest.

Since I know what I'm saying is confusing I shall link to an Ad-Hoc Party instruction video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzTy...eature=related

Use this thread to communicate with other MHFU gamers to speak about different quests you need or materials.
Using this format to let us know what time you play, your user name, time zone, and your rank so other gamers can match up and join: Ex.

User Name: Blah Blah Blah 123
GMT: Central
Usual Time: 3-4 p.m., 7-8 a.m., Saturdays
Hunter Rank: 100000000000
Quest Desired or Materials: Need Kelbi Hide and Need to Finish Congalala LV3 Quest
Language: Drinkiliikizazizia
Headset: No

I hope that wasn't too confusing, and if so, look at this thread on another site to understand me:http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/mons...=943356&page=1

I will start
User Name: Sain4321
GMT: Eastern -4.00
Usual Time: Any time
Hunter Rank: 1
Quest Desired or Materials: Nothing
Language: English
Headset: No
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Santa Monica, CA PSN: SecretAgentHam

awesome thread. as soon as i own monster hunter i will post here as well.

(waiting on PSN release)
Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #3

Jul 2009

I don't think there's going to be a PSN release, unless I missed it and they announced or hinted at one.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Most (major at least) titles are expected to be available on PSN in preparation for the PSP go's release.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

once there is an US release of adhoc party im all aboard as well .. too lazy to do a japanese account again .. i deleted mine ages ago when there was rumors of it being frowned upon ...
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2007
Texas

Once this makes it's way to the U.S. I'm in as well. Having a ton of fun with this game.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #7

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega_smasher View Post
awesome thread. as soon as i own monster hunter i will post here as well.

(waiting on PSN release)
You were right, they just announced MHFU for PSN on the European Store, so I expect one here eventually.

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/...or-july-2/#psp

Also, if anyone is playing in World J, Lobby 53, and is Hunter Rank 1, I have made a new group for people to join in.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable