Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$31.88
51 min ago
Punch Line (PS Vita)
$26.49

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$26.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 04-21-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
Santa Monica, CA PSN: SecretAgentHam
Japan Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Genre: Action RPG
Publisher:Capcom
Players:1 (1-4 Via Ad-Hoc)
Release Date:June 23, 2009
Extras: Demo is up on the PSN NOW!
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Encyclopedia

Description:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the latest game in the Monster Hunter franchise for PlayStation Portable. It is an expansion to the original Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and was released on March 27, 2008 in Japan as Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. In the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, it was announced that the game would be released in North America as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in Spring 2009. At the 2009 GDC, the release date was further specified as June 23, 2009. The demo is on the Playstation store as of 5/20/09. Capcom has announced that the PSP bundle will be released in Europe, but were not specific about anywhere else. As for the release in Japan, a special edition PSP bundle includes the game, two pouches of different sizes, a strap, and a decorated bronze/brown PSP. In addition to this bundle, people who pre-ordered the game in Japan received a black, hairy strap. The hair on the strap is meant to be that of a monster exclusive to the game, the Narugakaruga.

Screenshots:

My Note: This is as good as this is going to get for the moment. once reviews are up and a metascore is active, i will link it to this thread. thank you.

Last edited by sega_smasher; 05-25-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

i dont need no demo for this game .. just bring it already .. i heard june 24th itll be in my hands .. i so cant wait for this game .. well over 300 hours between the previous 2 games .. now also just announce the adhoc party thing for NA and i dont think id need another game ever again ..
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Never played (or seen) a Monster Hunter game. What do you do, just basically run around fighting monsters or something?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

in the simplest sense yes .. but its more involved than that .. you have to hunt mosters to get materials ot make better weapons and armors to hunt even bigger and badder monsters .. its not an easy game and most people have a lot of trouble getting thru the first about 7 hours .. its a real chore and grind for hte first 7-10 hours when you have weak weapons and what not .. which is nice that the sequels have read your previous game saves and start you off with some materials to make a better weapon/armor or 2 at the start .. the monsters keep in mind are huge compared to you .. in fact most of the main monsters you fight you only reach their legs .. there are other creatueres thru ought the game that arent the main monsters that you fight as well .. the most common being hte ones that look like raptors ...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Calgary, AB

ive never played a monster hunter game, but it sounds pretty cool, ill wait for reviews, but i get the feeling ill really like this game
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

those of you who are new to this game be warned that this game is actually more of a add on to hte last game .. its basically monster hunter freedom 2 with a few new monsters and i think 2 new areas and a couple of new weapons/armors . so it may be beneficial to actually go pick that one up and start on it now ...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_A51 View Post
ive never played a monster hunter game, but it sounds pretty cool, ill wait for reviews, but i get the feeling ill really like this game
if you enjoy a good solid RPG game, you will love this game. simple as that. go on the PSN store and download the Phantasy Star Portable demo to get a feel of how this game controls. they are the same genre but still completley different (if that makes any sense)

the only thing this game needs to really shine is Ad-Hoc Party
Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

i dont believe there is a solid release date ATM but we should hear one VERY soon. or maybe after we pass the demo it will say "Coming ---"
Old 04-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

i've never played monster hunter either. but it sounds to be a more mature version of pokemon?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
i've never played monster hunter either. but it sounds to be a more mature version of pokemon?
nah, your thinking a little too much there lol. you are just one person, you level YOURSELF up. you make your weapons out of the bones/materials that your enemies drop. the harder the monster, the better the materials. 4 player co op. and its not turnbased, its you running around (i.e. god of war) and killing enemies on the screen. there are some levels that are only unlocked after you have a certain number of members in your party and some that are nearly impossible to beat on your own. so this is recommended to play with others, which is why we need ad hoc party.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

its coming out 6/23 im pretty sure its confirmed too
Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega_smasher View Post
nah, your thinking a little too much there lol. you are just one person, you level YOURSELF up. you make your weapons out of the bones/materials that your enemies drop. the harder the monster, the better the materials. 4 player co op. and its not turnbased, its you running around (i.e. god of war) and killing enemies on the screen. there are some levels that are only unlocked after you have a certain number of members in your party and some that are nearly impossible to beat on your own. so this is recommended to play with others, which is why we need ad hoc party.
yeah this game was built with partying in mind .. i got stuck on the later monsters myself nad thus finally quit playing ht games as i never had anyone to party with ..
that damn black gravious HR5 was impossible for me to beat on my own .. i would always get him to limp away and then by the time i find him again time would run out .. just took too long with that hard ass armor of his to defeat alone ..
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega_smasher View Post
will this be the first psp monster hunter game then?

but it still sounds like pokemon..running around finding monsters
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Around
USA

Quote:

xtop return!......
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:

lol no this will be the 3rd monster hunter title in NA. heres a video link to gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HbdgvQyPXA

just ignore the voices lol
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

CAPCOM AND SONY UNITE TO DELIVER MONSTER HUNTER TO THE WEST
Massive support planned for release of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on PSP™

London – April 28, 2009 – Capcom® a leading worldwide developer and publisher of videogames, has today announced that it will be working in partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) to support the release of the upcoming Monster Hunter Freedom Unite game for PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable). The game which is scheduled for release on the 26th June will be heavily backed by a multi-million promotional campaign throughout PAL territories.

“We are looking forward to working closely with Capcom to promote Monster Hunter Freedom Unite,” commented David Reeves, President SCEE. “With the combined efforts of both companies we want to emulate the success that the title has had in Japan.”

Key to the huge success of the Monster Hunter series in Japan has been the social aspect of multiplayer hunts. Across PAL territories gamers will be able to sample the phenomenon of Monster Hunter before the games release with the launch of the demo available to download on PlayStation®Network. The demo will feature three quests to prepare players for the arrival of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in which you can choose to play alone with the aid of your feline companion or in a team of up to four players to get a real taste of the social gaming side of Monster Hunter that’s taken Japan by storm.

Retail initiatives include an exclusive PSP hardware bundle which contains a specially designed Monster Hunter branded PSP skin and pouch along with a copy of the game.

Michael Pattison, Senior Marketing Director of Capcom Europe stated “Working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe to promote the latest title in the Monster Hunter franchise allows Capcom access to all of Sony’s promotional channels, including Playstation websites, community pages and Playstation Home. A series of events and print and on-line advertising will support a heavy weight TV advertising program. The support of Sony on this title is a clear indication that Monster Hunter can be successful across the West.”

Further details about the upcoming promotional activity will be released shortly. For more information about Monster Hunter Freedom Unite please visit www.capcom-europe.com

Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

oh man a english bundle witha MH psp would be so tempting to get even though i already have a newer psp lite ... this game really needs to come out now !!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

http://www.encyclopedia-gigantica.com/

Looks like Capcom's serious about catching a Western MH audience.. but will we bite?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

that link work safe ???
Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #20
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodintentions View Post
that link work safe ???
Yes it is.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable