Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
John Wick: Chapter 4 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.53
1 day ago
Mexico Macabre: Four Sinister Tales from the Alameda Films Vault, 1959-1963 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapter 4 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.53
1 day ago
Danza Macabra Vol. One: The Italian Gothic Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99
7 hrs ago
Scream 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
4 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.72
1 day ago
Soundies: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Insidious 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Pasolini 101 (Blu-ray)
$174.99
7 hrs ago
Hustle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Blackhat 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 1 1.89%
Two Stars 5 9.43%
Three Stars 20 37.74%
Four Stars 21 39.62%
Five Stars 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2022, 05:57 PM   #41
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Discovered_3D View Post
On the trailer, what is their motivation for climbing the tower?
Because it's there... and because they're stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:54 PM   #42
Mikezilla3k Mikezilla3k is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mikezilla3k's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
Richmond, CA
8
195
236
50
15
1
Default

Found this in New Releases on YouTube Music:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Heinz-Klett (07-31-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 11:07 PM   #43
mikesncc1701 mikesncc1701 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mikesncc1701's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL
439
1965
775
996
1
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
Because it's there
Perhaps "because it's there" is not sufficient reason for climbing a tower.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:43 AM   #44
crutzulee crutzulee is offline
Power Member
 
crutzulee's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
Toronto
18
Default

OK... so I NEVER watch trailers for movies because I hate spoilers. I decided to watch this one because I thought there was zero chance that I would watch it. I shut it off half way through.

In related news, pot is now legal for recreational use in Canada. I haven't lit up in almost 25 years.

Two worlds will collide once I get a chance to see this in my cave...oh man if this thing is available in 3 D....I may lose my $h1t...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:55 AM   #45
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
255
255
216
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
I shut it off half way through.
Why? Bad CGI?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:26 AM   #46
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MazeRunner's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
137
Default

Saw the new trailer before NOPE and Iím more interested now. It didnít seem to give away much spoilers which I enjoyed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #47
BudBaxter BudBaxter is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BudBaxter's Avatar
 
Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
Saw the new trailer before NOPE and Iím more interested now. It didnít seem to give away much spoilers which I enjoyed.
I can't imagine there's much to spoil. They either live or they die. I'd be shocked if there were any out-of-nowhere twists in this. She's a ghost! It's all a dream! Everyone's a character in a snowglobe!

Second trailer is a massive improvement over the first. The height of the tower still looks ridiculous though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #48
ImBlu_DaBaDee ImBlu_DaBaDee is online now
Power Member
 
ImBlu_DaBaDee's Avatar
 
Nov 2018
203
386
15
Default

I’m terrified of heights so I absolutely have to see this movie in a theater, it will give me a very intense thrill. The experience of laughing at the teaser to then being immediately scared by the official trailer was a pretty funny experience. I’m almost wondering if the bad CGI tracking shot in the teaser was hastily thrown together specifically so there could be a teaser since the movie comes out really soon, August 12. The difference in the quality of the effects looks too great to have changed in just a few weeks between June and July but I’m no expert.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #49
HotRats HotRats is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
HotRats's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Default

When they get to the top they find a Florida man with a lawn chair and a beer cooler who got there with helium balloons and lighting his own farts
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #50
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MazeRunner's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBaxter View Post
I can't imagine there's much to spoil. They either live or they die. I'd be shocked if there were any out-of-nowhere twists in this. She's a ghost! It's all a dream! Everyone's a character in a snowglobe!

Second trailer is a massive improvement over the first. The height of the tower still looks ridiculous though.
I mean, they could show exactly how they get down. If it were a Universal movie they probably would have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:18 AM   #51
MikeScott MikeScott is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MikeScott's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Minnesota
486
Default

Has anyone had the trailer in the theater? I had the teaser trailer with something. I think it might have been Press Play. I'm bummed that's it. Was hoping to see the official trailer with some movies but there's been nothing. They really haven't had enough time to advertise this movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:22 AM   #52
Just_Discovered_3D Just_Discovered_3D is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
OK... so I NEVER watch trailers for movies because I hate spoilers. I decided to watch this one because I thought there was zero chance that I would watch it. I shut it off half way through.

In related news, pot is now legal for recreational use in Canada. I haven't lit up in almost 25 years.

Two worlds will collide once I get a chance to see this in my cave...oh man if this thing is available in 3 D....I may lose my $h1t...
Shang Chi has a scene where characters look down from scaffolding up along a skyscraper and are terrified of the height. We see the height through their eyes, but the 3D and apparent height were reduced. Censored for our protection, in other words.

If this one were to have uncensored 3D, well, that would be amazing, and could really have it stand out in this 3D renaissance we have going on now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:51 AM   #53
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
255
255
216
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Discovered_3D View Post
Shang Chi has a scene where characters look down from scaffolding up along a skyscraper and are terrified of the height. We see the height through their eyes, but the 3D and apparent height were reduced. Censored for our protection, in other words.

If this one were to have uncensored 3D, well, that would be amazing, and could really have it stand out in this 3D renaissance we have going on now.
Are there other instances of 3D being censored as you say?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:14 PM   #54
BluBonnet BluBonnet is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

There's no 3D being "censored" in any of these movies anywhere. Some people just freak out if the pop-outs and other 3D effects are not cranked up to "11"
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #55
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
At The Theater
216
2450
1293
305
495
284
689
Default

I NEED IT IN MY FACE!!!!!!

[Show spoiler]That's what she said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:57 PM   #56
Zillamon51 Zillamon51 is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
174
1732
642
790
11
Default

If you're going to add 3-D to lowbrow genre movies, it should be in your face! It's as much of an exploitative draw as gore, tits, and monsters.

I haven't seen the "improved" trailer yet. It wasn't before Nope in Dolby. Is it in Imax?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:36 PM   #57
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MazeRunner's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
137
Default

I thought this was opening next weekend? Not seeing any showtimes anywhere
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:46 PM   #58
StarWarsIsAwesome123 StarWarsIsAwesome123 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
StarWarsIsAwesome123's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
54
246
10
34
Default

There are showtimes for it near me.

The full trailer for this is what should've been released in the 1st place, the CGI teaser looked so bad. I saw that before Dominion but didn't see the full one in theaters.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:50 PM   #59
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
255
255
216
3
Default

Is this a limited release? Don't see any showings near me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:18 PM   #60
Bubbles-11 Bubbles-11 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bubbles-11's Avatar
 
Mar 2017
???, Florida
77
626
435
338
23
27
Default

Not sure if this is still active but Fandango's running a promotion for two free tickets for this film using the code MADISON
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...wrkDbZWpgNNXEw
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 PM.