Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Full Metal Jacket 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
11 hrs ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$53.99
9 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 07:47 PM   #13361
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2015
Area 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
OK, OK - semantics. Wording. You get the idea and know what I meant cmon Kylor!
I did chalk it up to wording because I did get your point, but it did take me a while to get there with that wording.

Quote:
The point is that these guys are all being regurgitated or have been regurgitated via TV, film or some comic book and it remains stupid.
When a character is popular that does tend to happen. Even Darth Vader has his own comic series going on currently, even though he is also dead.

At least with that people can get new/different SW content between movies, be it in video games or whatever. I don't see that as stupid to be honest. However, I see your point on how it can be stupid if the 'different' SW content that brings up said character(s) and adds to them, are considered canon and then it conflicts with something else that was set up for that character canonically. I do understand that.

Quote:
Sorry I didnt lay out in detail what film they were alive or dead in, lol. Who cares? Ill try again: By the end of Return of the Jedi, Darth Maul, Boba Fett and The Emperor are dead. Now, since the ST was released they are all alive again Does that work?
For Maul and the Emperor, yes. I don't recall Boba Fett coming back to life in the ST, unless you're referring to The Mandalorian, which remains to be seen if the Boba Fett portrayed in that series is set before or after the events of ROTJ where he is Sarlacc'ed.
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (Today)
Old Today, 07:47 PM   #13362
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2008

Quote:

Ill try again: By the end of Return of the Jedi, Darth Maul, Boba Fett and The Emperor are dead. Now, since the ST was released they are all alive again Does that work?
Somewhat? Maul returned on The Clone Wars in 2012.
Old Today, 07:48 PM   #13363
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2015
Area 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
He's referring to the movies only I think, but that wouldn't make sense for Boba Fett since he's appearing on a TV show (The Mandalorian). So I really don't know.
Old Today, 07:49 PM   #13364
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Maul is still in Solo and that's canon so that works for me. Was less confusing after I marathoned Clone Wars on Disney+.
Old Today, 07:54 PM   #13365
Power Member

Sep 2014

All this canon talk is always so silly to me. Star Wars is a multimedia story, and the canon is told over movies, books, comics, and video games. Mauls return isn't handled poorly because you personally chose to watch the movies and not worry about anything else. You're totally entitled to not like that he's back, but it's not handled poorly whatsoever. Palpatine is a different situation as of now since there is currently no fleshed out explanation of what happened to him after ROTJ. This could change, and maybe I'll be more okay with it if a talented author can spin it in an entertaining/informative way.
Thanks given by:
Det. Bullock (Today), s2mikey (Today)
Old Today, 07:56 PM   #13366
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

I thought Lucas Films decided the novels are no longer existent after Disney bought the rights.
Old Today, 07:58 PM   #13367
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
I thought Lucas Films decided the novels are no longer existent after Disney bought the rights.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tim...of_canon_books
Old Today, 07:59 PM   #13368
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Wow that is one long list of books, sorry I'm not reading that lol.
Old Today, 08:01 PM   #13369
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2015
Area 51

Quote:
There's a shorter list of canon video games:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tim...on_video_games
Old Today, 08:03 PM   #13370
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

I always did enjoy Knights of the Republic II, probably need to look into getting it again once I can find people to play it against regularly.
Old Today, 08:10 PM   #13371
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJ1991 View Post
All this canon talk is always so silly to me. Star Wars is a multimedia story, and the canon is told over movies, books, comics, and video games. Mauls return isn't handled poorly because you personally chose to watch the movies and not worry about anything else. You're totally entitled to not like that he's back, but it's not handled poorly whatsoever. Palpatine is a different situation as of now since there is currently no fleshed out explanation of what happened to him after ROTJ. This could change, and maybe I'll be more okay with it if a talented author can spin it in an entertaining/informative way.
ROTS expanded edition explains everything you need to know about Palps returning. I'm not saying its a good explanation but its there.
Old Today, 08:18 PM   #13372
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2008

Here are the comics.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tim...f_canon_comics
Old Today, 08:22 PM   #13373
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
You 100% don't need to read all of them. But, I highly recommend reading any canon novel by Timothy Zahn or Claudia Gray. Best SW writers working rn.
Old Today, 08:52 PM   #13374
Power Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
You definitely don't need to read it all. My point wasn't that everyone needs to read/watch/play everything, just that the story is there and that people complaining about Darth Maul's return being "out of nowhere" are factually incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
ROTS expanded edition explains everything you need to know about Palps returning. I'm not saying its a good explanation but its there.
I've read the book. It definitely states what happened, but I was referring more to properly told narrative that shows this time. I think the explanation is pretty stupid, but can be salvageable from the right author.
Thanks given by:
tcripe (Today)
Old Today, 09:33 PM   #13375
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylor View Post
I did chalk it up to wording because I did get your point, but it did take me a while to get there with that wording.

When a character is popular that does tend to happen. Even Darth Vader has his own comic series going on currently, even though he is also dead.

At least with that people can get new/different SW content between movies, be it in video games or whatever. I don't see that as stupid to be honest. However, I see your point on how it can be stupid if the 'different' SW content that brings up said character(s) and adds to them, are considered canon and then it conflicts with something else that was set up for that character canonically. I do understand that.

For Maul and the Emperor, yes. I don't recall Boba Fett coming back to life in the ST, unless you're referring to The Mandalorian, which remains to be seen if the Boba Fett portrayed in that series is set before or after the events of ROTJ where he is Sarlacc'ed.
Kylor - we are good. I get it. As stated my comments didnt make sense. You get it though. Boba will be back in the Mando because, well.... as we discussed, the Sarlaac has Diverticulitis and Boba was able to climb out through an open sore on the large intestine and "lived".

Im sure a video game or comic book covered the Sarlaacs intestinal issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
After being cut in half AND falling down a long shaft? So stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJ1991 View Post
But..how do you properly "handle" a guy being cut in half....in HALF and falling god knows how far and just getting it taped up by the Sith trainer(Cut me Mick ) and getting right back into things? I mean.... WTF? Why even fight these Sith guys. They cannot be killed. Just negotiate a truce and give them the victory.

Look, it is what it is but the suspension of disbelief or whatever that saying is gets murdered when this crap keeps happening. Whether its a comic or the back of a cereal box, the whole "nah they're not dead" thing is awful and quite abused. Why dont they just not kill off cool characters in the first place? There is no "fleshing out" characters being killed and then just coming back. Thats my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Maybe it does but its still stupid and I hate it. Whos next? Han? Luke? Leia? Shmi? C'mon now.... get em all back!!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies