Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Nioh 2 (PS4)
$19.99

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PS4)
$39.99

Fallout 76 (PS4)
$9.99

Dreams (PS4)
$19.99

Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
$39.99

Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (PS4)
$49.99

No Man's Sky: Beyond (PS4)
$23.00
16 hrs ago
Saints Row: The Third (PS4)
$25.30

Fast & Furious Crossroads (PS4)
$49.94

Desperados (PS4)
$39.82

Bendy and the Ink Machine (PS4)
$16.80

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (PS4)
$27.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 08-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #641
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

I just finished it. I'm glad the game forces you to wear the black robes at the end because I'd been wearing the lil' white loincloth, the monkey mask and the archer's hat for a long time. I got a good chuckle out of Yuna getting all emotional in front of a half-naked man looking like a complete weirdo.

The story is cool, the aesthetic is great and the combat (while way too easy) is excellent. It's unfortunate that Ghost Stance doesn't add much when you're playing on Lethal difficulty but I much prefer the manual combat anyway.

I wish SP had given the side activities a bit more polish and variety. I can honestly say this was one of the most tedious, boring and annoying games to platinum for me solely because of the repetitive nature of everything outside the main story missions.

I'm sticking to 6/10 for this one. Think I'll go back to Sekiro now, though.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM   #642
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Started this game yesterday. I chose the name Nobu for my horse.
I even got scoldings from Yuna for going in the wrong direction.

Currently obtained the bow from Sensei.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #643
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Got the Platinum late Sunday night. I didn't pick the game up until July 26th, initially I wasn't interested in it but after several of my folks were raving on aboot it I got it. Overall, it was a very good game, my biggest complaint was that I wish camera was a bit more responsive or it had a lock on feature during combat. Also I wish there was an option to switch outfits on the fly, honestly I played 98% of the game in my Traveler's Attire. And I wish we could have sold some the charms that you never used too! But other than that it I liked the game & I'm glad I gave it a go!

Old Today, 12:04 AM   #644
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaice View Post
Also I wish there was an option to switch outfits on the fly, honestly I played 98% of the game in my Traveler's Attire.
You can. You can switch outfits whenever you want. During a fight, a mission, exploring, etc.
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #645
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Lol how did you change your armor, Omegaice? at shops?

I agree about the charms, they were kind of useless. Also too many duplicates (I know they stack) but it wouldíve been better if they let us combine them to make them stronger or something. I pretty much stuck with the same charms for the entire game
Old Today, 02:23 AM   #646
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
You can. You can switch outfits whenever you want. During a fight, a mission, exploring, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Lol how did you change your armor, Omegaice? at shops?

I agree about the charms, they were kind of useless. Also too many duplicates (I know they stack) but it wouldíve been better if they let us combine them to make them stronger or something. I pretty much stuck with the same charms for the entire game
Let me clarify in regards to the outfit changes, I wish there was more seamless process of switching them out instead of going into the Pause menu every time I wanted to change. For the final battle I wore the fully upgraded Sakai armor, Ghost mask, Refined Kensei hat & the Fujin sword set. For the remainder of the game though I wore fully upgraded Traveler's Attire (Blacked Out), Ghost Mask/Thief's Wrap & the Red Oni hat or Black Genbu hat.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #647
Expert Member

Jul 2017

Got the platinum last night, that last mission was WOW. I hope we get a sequel, I really want to see this story continue.
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #648
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

The sequel is guaranteed. Iím in no rush for a sequel, but Iím waiting for the ps5 version

@Omegaice I alternated between the Traveller, Gosaku, Sakai Clan and Ghost. also used Khanís armor for the laughs
Old Today, 10:09 PM   #649
Power Member

Aug 2015

I'm getting near the end of the 2nd Act I think. I haven't tried going to the top region yet.

As for charms I just ignore them now. The combat isn't too bad on normal anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
Eh trophies are dumb anyway. It's often mundane crap like getting collectibles or unlocking everything on a map.
That's not dumb though.
Old Today, 10:48 PM   #650
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S w e d e n

It's an easy Platinum to get for sure that anyone can get, it's not even ultra rare anymore. The problem is how time consuming it really was to acquire. I enjoyed the Fox Den's in the beginning, but after 49 of them I was dried lol.
Thanks given by:
emailking (Today)
Old Today, 11:04 PM   #651
Power Member

Aug 2015

They're so cute though aha.
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4