Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Clint Eastwood: The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.00
1 day ago
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
10 hrs ago
The Goonies 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

One Crazy Summer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
16 hrs ago
Beetlejuice 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

A Quiet Place Part II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.70
16 hrs ago
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.10

Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Cold War Creatures: Four Films from Sam Katzman (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 07-16-2021, 02:36 AM   #4701
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better in blu View Post
how many hours on your 77?
Old 07-16-2021, 01:25 PM   #4702

Dec 2010
North Palm Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
I'm a lil under half that, just avoiding any static logos or images best I can.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:34 AM   #4703
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Yeah after almost 5 years I finally got some burn-in on my C6, and it was the thing I always knew would burn-in if anything did: that bright-red Netflix logo that's always on the bottom right corner while you're scrolling around.

It's really hard to see though-- unless the entire right corner is solid red or orange you can't see it at all. Considering it took this long, doesn't look that bad, and doesn't have any of the burn-in prevention features the new models have, I'd say nobody with a CX or C1 really needs to be paranoid about this.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:07 AM   #4704

Sep 2019
Columbus Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
Yeah after almost 5 years I finally got some burn-in on my C6, and it was the thing I always knew would burn-in if anything did: that bright-red Netflix logo that's always on the bottom right corner while you're scrolling around.
Haven't been on netflix for a few months but yeah I always thought that could be trouble. It would be pretty nifty if they could just have a small option in the app for oled users to disable that. Nothing like browsing around for 20minutes and it's just burning away
Old 07-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #4705
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
Can the B8 accept a 1080p120hz signal from a games console? I’ve read a comment elsewhere that it can, just capping 4K at 60hz. Seems odd to me as I thought the B8 wouldn’t handle HFR, full stop?

Im looking into a new Xbox console and am weighing up my options without buying a new TV just yet.
Well, since no one answered, I got my console and tried myself. Can indeed do 1080p120 on my B8. Not tried that combo with a HDR game yet.

Now I just need to figure out which gives the best experience, 1080p120 or 2160p60 (with the water muddier the Series S can only render at 1440p max, with 4K being an upscale).
Old 07-21-2021, 07:10 PM   #4706
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2018

How do you tell how many hours are on your tV?
Old 07-21-2021, 11:57 PM   #4707
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs commenter View Post
How do you tell how many hours are on your tV?
Go into your settings. Go to the General Settings Tab. Click on the TV Information area and towards the bottom you should see "Total Power On Time". That should give you how many hours it's been on.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:01 AM   #4708

Aug 2016
Massachusetts

Any LG CX owners get compression and/or color banding issues when playing games on the Xbox Series X? When I say compression I basically mean like sometimes the game looks like it's being projected in 720p. Particularly in the sky of games, or the menus, or anywhere there's a vast area of one color of varying shades? I'm going insane trying to figure out if it's my TV or that's just the way it goes on OLED. I'm also wondering if it could be because we don't really have many, if any, games truly designed with the new Xbox Series X hardware in mind. We basically play a bunch of upscaled Xbox One games now with very few exceptions. I view the first true game/test to be Halo Infinite coming later this year. Games I play where I have issues and some of the areas in the games where it stands out. This is basicaly every game I play:

Halo MCC (Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3) Halo 3 looks especially bad, as well as the menus and start screen. Can anyone relate?

GTA5 - the skies look absolutely terrible

CoD Cold War - the skies

Battlefield 5 - the skies, smoke grenades

Resident Evil 2 remake - cutscenes

Resident Evil 7 - i cant recall where i just remember often not liking how it looked

Forza Horizon 4 - start up screens, skies

The TV looks phenomenal 80% of the time but that 20% of the time it doesn't really drives me nuts. I've been obsessively messing with every setting imaginable for weeks and everything sits how it should. I reference this for settings. Any idea?
Old 07-22-2021, 08:18 AM   #4709
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
UK

Check the HDMI input on the TV is enabled to deep colour and that the Xbox is set to output 10-bit per channel colour at least.

My series S defaulted to 8-bit per channel the other day and I had to manually change it despite the console recognising the TV was 4K.

You could also try the HDR optimiser. Also I’d turn Auto HDR off as that forces HDR on games that aren’t optimised for it which could highlight any posterisation.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:43 PM   #4710
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

What’s the difference between the X and the 1? Thinking about buying a 77” but I’m torn between the CX and C1 or the GX and G1.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #4711

May 2021
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
What’s the difference between the X and the 1? Thinking about buying a 77” but I’m torn between the CX and C1 or the GX and G1.
The CX and GX are last year's models and the C1 and G1 this year's. There's not much difference between the two so I'd get whichever is cheaper. Get the G series if you want to wall mount the TV.
Thanks given by:
RustinCohle (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 11:32 PM   #4712
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
The CX and GX are last year's models and the C1 and G1 this year's. There's not much difference between the two so I'd get whichever is cheaper. Get the G series if you want to wall mount the TV.
Any particular reason why?
Old 07-26-2021, 11:39 PM   #4713

May 2021
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Any particular reason why?
The G stands for gallery so people can use it to display art or photos when they're not using it as a TV. It doesn't come with a stand, only a wall mount so if you want to use it with a stand you'll have to purchase it separately.

The G1 does get a bit brighter than the C1 due to a new panel being used but personally I don't think it's worth the added cost unless you need to have the best of the best and/or you want to have it mounted.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:44 PM   #4714
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
The G stands for gallery so people can use it to display art or photos when they're not using it as a TV. It doesn't come with a stand, only a wall mount so if you want to use it with a stand you'll have to purchase it separately.

The G1 does get a bit brighter than the C1 due to a new panel being used but personally I don't think it's worth the added cost unless you need to have the best of the best and/or you want to have it mounted.
All good things to know. This will be wall mounted but I won’t ever be using any “gallery” features. It’ll just be off until it’s watched.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:45 AM   #4715
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Just joined the “2,000 hours club” on my LG C9. The TV asked to do a Pixel Refresher and did it. Hopefully it didn’t do anything too drastic to the picture quality. I know it’s suppose to help the TV but some people experience different things I guess.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:31 PM   #4716
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

For those of you who use HBO MAX and want the app installed on your LG tv.

Go to settings and change your location to Mexico

then go to LG content

then go to apps and there it is

install it

then go back to settings and change location back to USA
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (07-29-2021), Robert Zohn (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #4717
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
For those of you who use HBO MAX and want the app installed on your LG tv.

Go to settings and change your location to Mexico

then go to LG content

then go to apps and there it is

install it

then go back to settings and change location back to USA
Yep! I can confirm that this actually did work! I’m surprised HBO Max hasn’t shown up on the U.S. LG Content Store. Is it some kind of licensing issue/partnership with Samsung?? None the less, it’s nice to finally have HBO Max on my LG C9. The only thing I worry about is that it won’t update if there is one available since it was an app from the Mexico Store.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:41 PM   #4718

Dec 2010
North Palm Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
Just joined the “2,000 hours club” on my LG C9. The TV asked to do a Pixel Refresher and did it. Hopefully it didn’t do anything too drastic to the picture quality. I know it’s suppose to help the TV but some people experience different things I guess.
Is the refresher an option? Notice any change in your picture, since you had a calibration?
Old 07-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #4719
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better in Blu View Post
Is the refresher an option? Notice any change in your picture, since you had a calibration?
The refresher can be used as an option however I would not recommend using it unless if the TV asks you to, which is usually every 2,000 of watch time. Sometimes it’s good to use it if there is a dead pixel or bad IR, but it’s best just to let the TV tell you when you need to use it.

As to calibration, the TV was calibrated before I got it to my house so I have no idea how it looked before (minus the “before and after” calibrating Excel files I got from the calibrator). The folks at Value Electronics did it. The picture on my LG C9 is simply stunning! It’s the best TV I have ever seen and owned. It’s well worth the money to get it calibrated!

Last edited by PUsokrJosh305; 07-29-2021 at 06:29 PM.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 07:12 PM   #4720

Dec 2010
North Palm Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
The refresher can be used as an option however I would not recommend using it unless if the TV asks you to, which is usually every 2,000 of watch time. Sometimes it’s good to use it if there is a dead pixel or bad IR, but it’s best just to let the TV tell you when you need to use it.

As to calibration, the TV was calibrated before I got it to my house so I have no idea how it looked before (minus the “before and after” calibrating Excel files I got from the calibrator). The folks at Value Electronics did it. The picture on my LG C9 is simply stunning! It’s the best TV I have ever seen and owned. It’s well worth the money to get it calibrated!
Ok good to know. As far as calibration I completely agree. My GX looks amazing, and have had previous VT Plasmas I owned calibrated, One by Value Electronics.
Thanks given by:
PUsokrJosh305 (07-30-2021), Robert Zohn (07-29-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs