Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
The Goonies 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
Beetlejuice 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Renegades (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
17 hrs ago
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Mr. Robot: Season 4.0 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
Doom Patrol: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Rick and Morty: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 07-20-2021, 04:19 AM   #41

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
Wow. The transformation of your room is pretty impressive. Good job. Iíd say the work paid off.
Thank you
But
WoW!!!

To yours too... you made some big changes from the first set of pics.

I'm also using AC Infinity for my equipment cooling. I didnt take any pics of them, but I have the one that sits on top of the AVR and 4 fans attached to the rear door of my rack.

I recently bought 2 smaller fans of theirs, S5 80mm for my PS5. The fan you can buy that is supposedly help keep the ps5 cool is a piece of crap. The AC Infinity is still in the box, I haven't gotten around placing them or making a holder to the ps5.

I'm not having heating issues, but just to be safe.
Old 07-20-2021, 04:51 AM   #42
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
In a van down by the river

Room is lookin' good, superpacman. Although I kinda miss your wood paneling. I've often thought about putting black velvet or a black sheet covering the wall behind my tv instead of painting. But then I get too lazy. Lol. So help my understand here. You bought a black case to ensconce your PS5 in?
Old 07-20-2021, 05:50 AM   #43

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Room is lookin' good, superpacman. Although I kinda miss your wood paneling. I've often thought about putting black velvet or a black sheet covering the wall behind my tv instead of painting. But then I get too lazy. Lol. So help my understand here. You bought a black case to ensconce your PS5 in?
Ok!! I have to admit, I have to really read your post to make sure I know when and where your joking or being serious.

Buuuuut, I do remember you saying you liked the wood panels before. Believe me, it took a lot for me to have the confidence to paint it the way I did. My first thought was painting only around the same distance/space the black sheets were. Then I thought maybe a little more, but not much. It was actually at the last minute that I felt, "don't think about it, just paint it"

That same process went into the second layer on the ceiling. It was meant to take up the same amount of space as the sheets did. At the moment, I have stopped just above my head, because it would be easier to install the atmos then complete the second layer.

I'm not sure if your joking about the velvet sheets(if I was forced to guess, your joking).

Your sheet idea is a good one or paint, but let me explain why.

You know how inky blacks are on the OLED!! Imagine your TV is against that black wall, and you know how some movies have the black bars on the top and bottom and that bothers some people. Well when the lights are out, all of that blend into the back wall and you only see the picture.

I believe they make a process of that called 'Masking' for projectors? I feel what I have is far superior to masking.

But,

What I hate is, not every movie causes the boarder to be inky, but will have a grayish look. Grayish means the pixel is on, the opposite of being inky mean pixel being off.(you know how OLED works).

As far as the PS5, as you know they only come in white. Yes I bought replacement covers, which are black. Some people have painted their ps5 covers. They also sell other colors, or are painted another color.
You gotta admit, the white inside the all black rack looked terrible. lol
Old 07-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #44
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
Ok!! I have to admit, I have to really read your post to make sure I know when and where your joking or being serious.

Buuuuut, I do remember you saying you liked the wood panels before. Believe me, it took a lot for me to have the confidence to paint it the way I did. My first thought was painting only around the same distance/space the black sheets were. Then I thought maybe a little more, but not much. It was actually at the last minute that I felt, "don't think about it, just paint it"

That same process went into the second layer on the ceiling. It was meant to take up the same amount of space as the sheets did. At the moment, I have stopped just above my head, because it would be easier to install the atmos then complete the second layer.

I'm not sure if your joking about the velvet sheets(if I was forced to guess, your joking).

Your sheet idea is a good one or paint, but let me explain why.

You know how inky blacks are on the OLED!! Imagine your TV is against that black wall, and you know how some movies have the black bars on the top and bottom and that bothers some people. Well when the lights are out, all of that blend into the back wall and you only see the picture.

I believe they make a process of that called 'Masking' for projectors? I feel what I have is far superior to masking.

But,

What I hate is, not every movie causes the boarder to be inky, but will have a grayish look. Grayish means the pixel is on, the opposite of being inky mean pixel being off.(you know how OLED works).

As far as the PS5, as you know they only come in white. Yes I bought replacement covers, which are black. Some people have painted their ps5 covers. They also sell other colors, or are painted another color.
You gotta admit, the white inside the all black rack looked terrible. lol
[Show spoiler]
I wasnít joking about anything in my previous post. I liked your wood paneling and Iím thinking of putting black velvet/black sheet/black curtain behind my tv. I do not want to paint. As for your black PS5 I can only imagine itís temporary until your real PS5 arrives.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:42 PM   #45

Oct 2014

Quote:
I wasn’t joking about anything in my previous post. I liked your wood paneling and I’m thinking of putting black velvet/black sheet/black curtain behind my tv. I do not want to paint. As for your black PS5 I can only imagine it’s temporary until your real PS5 arrives.
Yooooooo!!!!!!!!
Isn't that insane , $10,000 gold edition PS5. When you gonna post pics, so I can see yours sitting next to that star trek picture??

When I hung my sheets, it was suppose to only be a test. The wife and I was all up 'Michaels' & 'JoAnn' fabric stores shopping and installing apps to get discounts... lol

Do you plan to hang them like curtains? I suppose what I did wasn't necessary by making the sheets flat, but it was to match the ceiling part I did.

(I can't believe I'm about to say this... lol)
Michaels has some really dark/black plan ole sheets, that didn't fade.

Last edited by superpacman; 07-20-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #46
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
Yooooooo!!!!!!!!
Isn't that insane , $10,000 gold edition PS5. When you gonna post pics, so I can see yours sitting next to that star trek picture??

When I hung my sheets, it was suppose to only be a test. The wife and I was all up 'Michaels' & 'JoAnn' fabric stores shopping and installing apps to get discounts... lol

Do you plan to hang them like curtains? I suppose what I did wasn't necessary by making the sheets flat, but it was to match the ceiling part I did.

(I can't believe I'm about to say this... lol)
Michaels has some really dark/black plan ole sheets, that didn't fade.
Too rich for my blood. Iím not a gamer. Well, maybe a gold Nintendo. Gotta save the princess in style.

I can picture the scene. Itís Friday at the water cooler and a young kid cones up. ďSo, superpacman, what are your plans this weekend?Ē ďThe wife and I are going to Michaels. And maybe JoAnn Fabrics! If we have enough time. If we have enough time!Ē😆

If I ever get around to installing black fabric I donít want it to look like curtains. I want it to look like paint without actually painting. Lol.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:27 AM   #47

Oct 2014

Quote:
Too rich for my blood. Iím not a gamer. Well, maybe a gold Nintendo. Gotta save the princess in style.

I can picture the scene. Itís Friday at the water cooler and a young kid cones up. ďSo, superpacman, what are your plans this weekend?Ē ďThe wife and I are going to Michaels. And maybe JoAnn Fabrics! If we have enough time. If we have enough time!Ē😆

If I ever get around to installing black fabric I donít want it to look like curtains. I want it to look like paint without actually painting. Lol.
My mother in law did make a few jokes, but then we would conversation about the stores...

I couldn't tell her to fuk off, I had to continue when she was talking...

It was rather easy for me to make it look like a wall. Really easy to staple into the wood panel.

Since you removed your pics I cannot remember what that back wall looked like. All I remember is that 1/2 million dollar entertainment center you have. Do you still have those $40,000 power conditioners? 2 of them if I remember, or was it 3?
Old 07-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #48
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
My mother in law did make a few jokes, but then we would conversation about the stores...

I couldn't tell her to fuk off, I had to continue when she was talking...

It was rather easy for me to make it look like a wall. Really easy to staple into the wood panel.

Since you removed your pics I cannot remember what that back wall looked like. All I remember is that 1/2 million dollar entertainment center you have. Do you still have those $40,000 power conditioners? 2 of them if I remember, or was it 3?
Lol. I think everyone has wanted to tell their mother in law to fuk off at some point(s).😆

What do you mean you canít remember what my wall looks like? Itís a wall. As for that other stuff you have me confused with that playa, Hamp.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:33 AM   #49

Oct 2014

Quote:
Lol. I think everyone has wanted to tell their mother in law to fuk off at some point(s).😆

What do you mean you canít remember what my wall looks like? Itís a wall. As for that other stuff you have me confused with that playa, Hamp.
Sometimes a wall isn't just a wall... lol

I couldn't remember if was plaster or lower wood panel design or something else.

Are you still using Denon AVP or you gotten.......
Wait a minute, why did you take your pics down?
Whole new system and too lazy to take pics(although I know the feeling).

What happened to the site? Back in the day we couldn't keep up with the multiple conversations, now we post and need to come back a couple days later for a reply.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:13 AM   #50
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
Sometimes a wall isn't just a wall... lol

I couldn't remember if was plaster or lower wood panel design or something else.

Are you still using Denon AVP or you gotten.......
Wait a minute, why did you take your pics down?
Whole new system and too lazy to take pics(although I know the feeling).

What happened to the site? Back in the day we couldn't keep up with the multiple conversations, now we post and need to come back a couple days later for a reply.
When is a door not a door? When it's ajar.

The mighty Denon AVP. That thing was a beast. Haven't had that in at least 10 years. You're just a wee behind.

Yeah, back in the day this place was rocking. You could barely keep up it moved so fast.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:07 AM   #51

Oct 2014

Quote:
When is a door not a door? When it's ajar.

The mighty Denon AVP. That thing was a beast. Haven't had that in at least 10 years. You're just a wee behind.

Yeah, back in the day this place was rocking. You could barely keep up it moved so fast.
That was a BEAUTIFUL beast. The AVP and the Denon amp, look sooo good together.

Mr. Super Secret, what did you replace it with, and i'm 10yrs late? What did you replace the replacement with too?
Old 07-22-2021, 05:18 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
That was a BEAUTIFUL beast. The AVP and the Denon amp, look sooo good together.

Mr. Super Secret, what did you replace it with, and i'm 10yrs late? What did you replace the replacement with too?
Kinda wish I hung onto the big AVP. Since then I think Iíve only had 3 processors.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #53

Oct 2014

Quote:
Kinda wish I hung onto the big AVP. Since then I think Iíve only had 3 processors.
3 of them??

Did you notice the people who teased me about not having pics don't have pics either? I think only 1 person had some.

Now I'm confused..... lol
Old 07-23-2021, 02:38 AM   #54
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
3 of them??

Did you notice the people who teased me about not having pics don't have pics either? I think only 1 person had some.

Now I'm confused..... lol
Whatchu talkiní about, Willis? If you need help with the internet, computers and pics just let us know. Weíll walk you thru it.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #55

Oct 2014

Quote:
Whatchu talkiní about, Willis? If you need help with the internet, computers and pics just let us know. Weíll walk you thru it.
You must be drinking again, because what you said made no sense.

Have seen the 4k HDR starwars clip? Only 3min long, but looks amazing... the ole OLED really shines.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:38 PM   #56
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Quote:
You must be drinking again, because what you said made no sense.

Have seen the 4k HDR starwars clip? Only 3min long, but looks amazing... the ole OLED really shines.

https://youtu.be/VtlV_ieJazc
You know all the SW movies are on The Mouse+ in 4K HDR. You can watch the whole movie and not YouTube clips. So you have that going for you. Which is nice.

Last edited by Waboman; 07-23-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:19 PM   #57

Oct 2014

Quote:
You know all the SW movies are on The Mouse+ in 4K HDR. You can watch the whole movie and not YouTube clips. So you have that going for you. Which is nice.
Silly me, never checked out the entire menu. lol

Now that see it and wanted to compare, I've learned something. I learned there are too many settings...

When something is broadcasting in Dolby Vision, I can't turn it off or switch to HDR and vice versa. I know they are basically the same. For a moment the HDR clip looked better then Dolby Vision, but not really.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #58

Oct 2014

Text2
Old 07-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009

Text3
Old 07-27-2021, 09:55 PM   #60

Oct 2014

lol....

I was testing, and didn't realize I spelt it wrong, nor deleted it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries