Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49
 
Backdraft 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.43
8 hrs ago
Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$72.99
56 min ago
He Came from the Swamp: The William Grefť Collection (Blu-ray)
$72.99
56 min ago
Vigilante 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49
36 min ago
American Horror Project Vol. 1 (Blu-ray)
$36.49
23 hrs ago
Horror of Dracula (Blu-ray)
$13.49
1 hr ago
Silent Running (Blu-ray)
$29.49
56 min ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$23.50
 
Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$43.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 AM   #18981
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
Awesome - Thanks Red!!!! I'll give it a shot in the morning.

I hope all is well with you and your are getting through this covid crap OK. I've been off the forum a while since retiring (due to disability) and moving closer to family down in GA. I need to update my site since all systems changed.
Cool, hope you find it! Also FYI, I updated my prior post for clarity and additional details. On another note, I most recently was getting a ground loop hum, and it turned out to be my DVR. If I pull the DVR HDMI cable, it completely sops. Nothing I've tried to alleviate it has worked. I'd been thinking of finally dropping cable so this might get me to do it sooner than later.

We're all hanging in there, thanks, and hope all is well on your end as well! On the lighter side of things, with being at home more, it's definitely nice to have a HT! My amps have been getting a consistent workout!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (08-31-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 04:21 AM   #18982
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
180
1304
4
42
316
Default

good luck with the amp buddy. i'm using a gen 1 XPA-5 and a UPA-700 for my 7.1.4 system. earlier this year i kept getting a fault on the 5 and found out, by disconnecting it that one of the 5 modules had faulted (flashing red light) as it would do it with nothing connected to it (speaker or interconnect).

i would turn it off then turn it back on and it would be fine. however, after a while, it just kept happening i was lucky enough to have a single spare channel on the 700 and connected my left side surround to it to keep my 7.1.4 system in tact so i lucked out.

i hope you don't have the same issue as your XPA-1 is a beast of an amp to have to move and pricy to service if it's out of warranty. best of luck StalkerVette and please keep us posted.

hope both you and red_5ive are well and same for your families during these times.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (08-30-2020), StalkerVette (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 11:52 PM   #18983
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Thanks guys!

Tried every tip and it still occurs. I bought it in February 2020, so it will be a warranty scenario. I sent Emo Tech an email of the situation and will touch base with them in the morning. I'm dreading shipping it back, at least I kept the original shipping box.

It bites -- everything was working perfectly. At least this time it appears to be a problem with the gear instead of me mess with it and breaking it. Up until the time it cuts off it is perfectly clear with zero hum or static on the center channel speaker.

I was really looking forward to watching Terminator Dark Fate.....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (09-01-2020), solarrdadd (08-31-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 12:48 AM   #18984
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
Thanks guys!

Tried every tip and it still occurs. I bought it in February 2020, so it will be a warranty scenario. I sent Emo Tech an email of the situation and will touch base with them in the morning. I'm dreading shipping it back, at least I kept the original shipping box.

It bites -- everything was working perfectly. At least this time it appears to be a problem with the gear instead of me mess with it and breaking it. Up until the time it cuts off it is perfectly clear with zero hum or static on the center channel speaker.

I was really looking forward to watching Terminator Dark Fate.....
Sorry to hear the news. In the interim, why not run the Center off your 5008?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #18985
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Sorry to hear the news. In the interim, why not run the Center off your 5008?
I was going to rig it up off the 5008, but just decided to wait until I get the problem resolved. I tried all the tips again with no success.

I'm waiting for a call-back from Emo Tech now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #18986
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
I was going to rig it up off the 5008, but just decided to wait until I get the problem resolved. I tried all the tips again with no success.

I'm waiting for a call-back from Emo Tech now.
Cool. I'm wondering if they'll be able to better help you and determine for sure if it's something not related to the amp module. Either way, hope you get it resolved soon, and let us know how it goes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #18987
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

This is a head scratcher. We decoupled the amp several different ways again trying to get it to go in protection mode, including the power source and amp power cord.

If everything is disconnected and the amp is cold, the amp does not go in protection mode.

We tried different speaker cables to the center channel along with different interconnects. After 30-60 seconds the amp goes in protection mode.

He then had me try a different center channel speaker (I had a nice Polk on the shelf). With the different center channel speaker, the amp does not go in protection mode. So you would think the Mirage OMD-C2 is blown - this is not the case. I hooked it up as a main front speaker and it still kicks azz with awesome highs and lows with no hum, buzz, dead thump etc.... Sounds awesome, great in fact at high volume, I took it up to 80 on the Onk.

When I connect it back as a center channel, it again kicks out the Emo amp again.

How can I have a bad center channel speaker when it still works great???
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 01:36 AM   #18988
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

It is the speaker that is kicking the emotiva amp into protection mode.

I took the grill off and discovered both sub woofers on the OMD-C2 are not kicking out. So it is something inside the speaker. My guess is the crossover is shot. No idea how I'm going to get it fixed/repaired. Any suggestions?

I'll dip into the Mirage forum thread to also look for suggestions.

Good news is that there is nothing wrong with the XPA1.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 02:13 AM   #18989
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
180
1304
4
42
316
Default

Well ainít that some shit?!? While Iím happy your Emo Amp is good, Iím sorry to hear about the speaker. If you have determined the crossover is shot, can you not take it out and send it the the manufacturer for repair and if thatís too much money, can you find a used crossover on eBay or perhaps from the manufacturer?

Hopefully the speaker forum can give you some good guidance.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #18990
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Mirage Audio is no longer in business unfortunately so I think sourcing an OEM part is out of the question. The OMD-C2 was their flagship center channel, so it is worth getting it going again.

And since it is being driven by a strong amp, this may be the best time to upgrade anyway.

Just when I thought I was done with the system....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (09-06-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #18991
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Well ainít that some shit?!? While Iím happy your Emo Amp is good, Iím sorry to hear about the speaker. If you have determined the crossover is shot, can you not take it out and send it the the manufacturer for repair and if thatís too much money, can you find a used crossover on eBay or perhaps from the manufacturer?
The speaker is a modular build and there is no way to get to it. Still trying to figure out how they did it. The cabinet has no seems. It is like the built everything with the bottom off - then it was painted piano black. Really depressing. Where is Big Daddy? He was always good at tearing stuff apart
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #18992
ImPulSive ImPulSive is offline
Special Member
 
ImPulSive's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Chicagoland
16
1083
252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
The speaker is a modular build and there is no way to get to it. Still trying to figure out how they did it. The cabinet has no seems. It is like the built everything with the bottom off - then it was painted piano black. Really depressing. Where is Big Daddy? He was always good at tearing stuff apart
Question: You are talking about the center speaker, and you will not see the bottom of this speaker normally, right? So why not cut a hole on the bottom to access and fix? Then once fixed, patch it up the best you can for the acoustics and a sealed enclosure, and you will never see the hole and repair in the bottom, right? Your OCD may know that it is there, but it will be on the bottom and not visible. And you can always add something to the bottom like a vinyl wrap or a nice piece of cloth to hide the repair. If it was built like that, and you cannot find any repair manuals, then this may be your only option remaining...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #18993
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSive View Post
Question: You are talking about the center speaker, and you will not see the bottom of this speaker normally, right? So why not cut a hole on the bottom to access and fix? Then once fixed, patch it up the best you can for the acoustics and a sealed enclosure, and you will never see the hole and repair in the bottom, right? Your OCD may know that it is there, but it will be on the bottom and not visible. And you can always add something to the bottom like a vinyl wrap or a nice piece of cloth to hide the repair. If it was built like that, and you cannot find any repair manuals, then this may be your only option remaining...
If I cannot find a repair center I may not have a choice but to open the bottom. Just kills me doing it especially for what it cost
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #18994
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
If I cannot find a repair center I may not have a choice but to open the bottom. Just kills me doing it especially for what it cost
I'm a little late to the discussion and missed the last so many posts, but what about popping out the drivers and see if you can get to the crossover from there? That's how I did one of my Rocket Bigfoots and Rocket MKII bookshelves (which also neither have no other compartment access due to design) when new versions were released with a updated crossovers.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #18995
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
I'm a little late to the discussion and missed the last so many posts, but what about popping out the drivers and see if you can get to the crossover from there? That's how I did one of my Rocket Bigfoots and Rocket MKII bookshelves (which also neither have no other compartment access due to design) when new versions were released with a updated crossovers.
If I pull the woofers there is no way to get to the center section. The separation baffles are glued in place and the air gap is less than an inch on one end.

I cannot remove the mid speaker because the tweeter housing is in the way. The tweeter housing has one exterior screw and it feels like one or two screwed upward and are also inaccessible.

Kind of surprised they made it this way, it appears to be a non serviceable enclosure without modification. If anyone had a warranty claim I'm certain they just replaced it with a new unit.

I sent an email to the Klipsch service center, waiting to hear back from them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #18996
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
If I pull the woofers there is no way to get to the center section. The separation baffles are glued in place and the air gap is less than an inch on one end.

I cannot remove the mid speaker because the tweeter housing is in the way. The tweeter housing has one exterior screw and it feels like one or two screwed upward and are also inaccessible.

Kind of surprised they made it this way, it appears to be a non serviceable enclosure without modification. If anyone had a warranty claim I'm certain they just replaced it with a new unit.

I sent an email to the Klipsch service center, waiting to hear back from them.
I was afraid it'd be something like that. Hope you find a solution. They're great speakers. I listened to a set many years ago and was impressed with the dispersion and lack of localization. I actually still have a 5-channel set of Mirage satellites in storage that I can't bring myself to get rid of.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #18997
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Still waiting for a call back from Klipsch technical. They assigned a case number but nothing yet.

They may be doing remote covid work too....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #18998
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Last night I listened to a couple albums - the BigFoot sounds fantastic with the OMD's. It is much brighter than the OMD-C2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #18999
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
120
684
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
Last night I listened to a couple albums - the BigFoot sounds fantastic with the OMD's. It is much brighter than the OMD-C2.
BigFoot? As in Rocket RSC200?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #19000
StalkerVette StalkerVette is offline
Expert Member
 
StalkerVette's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
98
414
197
11
4
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
BigFoot? As in Rocket RSC200?
Yes sir!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (09-16-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 2042 06-16-2020 05:54 PM
The Official Emotiva Audio Speakers Thread Speakers tootall82103 5 05-06-2013 04:28 PM
OFFICIAL: MADONNA: Sticky & Sweet BD Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America CCTM2000 37 06-21-2010 06:09 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.