Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Backdraft 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.43
8 hrs ago
Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$72.99
56 min ago
He Came from the Swamp: The William Grefť Collection (Blu-ray)
$72.99
56 min ago
Vigilante 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49
36 min ago
American Horror Project Vol. 1 (Blu-ray)
$36.49
23 hrs ago
Horror of Dracula (Blu-ray)
$13.49
1 hr ago
Silent Running (Blu-ray)
$29.49
56 min ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$23.50

Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$43.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 AM   #18981
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
Awesome - Thanks Red!!!! I'll give it a shot in the morning.

I hope all is well with you and your are getting through this covid crap OK. I've been off the forum a while since retiring (due to disability) and moving closer to family down in GA. I need to update my site since all systems changed.
Cool, hope you find it! Also FYI, I updated my prior post for clarity and additional details. On another note, I most recently was getting a ground loop hum, and it turned out to be my DVR. If I pull the DVR HDMI cable, it completely sops. Nothing I've tried to alleviate it has worked. I'd been thinking of finally dropping cable so this might get me to do it sooner than later.

We're all hanging in there, thanks, and hope all is well on your end as well! On the lighter side of things, with being at home more, it's definitely nice to have a HT! My amps have been getting a consistent workout!
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (08-31-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 04:21 AM   #18982
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

good luck with the amp buddy. i'm using a gen 1 XPA-5 and a UPA-700 for my 7.1.4 system. earlier this year i kept getting a fault on the 5 and found out, by disconnecting it that one of the 5 modules had faulted (flashing red light) as it would do it with nothing connected to it (speaker or interconnect).

i would turn it off then turn it back on and it would be fine. however, after a while, it just kept happening i was lucky enough to have a single spare channel on the 700 and connected my left side surround to it to keep my 7.1.4 system in tact so i lucked out.

i hope you don't have the same issue as your XPA-1 is a beast of an amp to have to move and pricy to service if it's out of warranty. best of luck StalkerVette and please keep us posted.

hope both you and red_5ive are well and same for your families during these times.
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (08-30-2020), StalkerVette (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 11:52 PM   #18983
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette

Thanks guys!

Tried every tip and it still occurs. I bought it in February 2020, so it will be a warranty scenario. I sent Emo Tech an email of the situation and will touch base with them in the morning. I'm dreading shipping it back, at least I kept the original shipping box.

It bites -- everything was working perfectly. At least this time it appears to be a problem with the gear instead of me mess with it and breaking it. Up until the time it cuts off it is perfectly clear with zero hum or static on the center channel speaker.

I was really looking forward to watching Terminator Dark Fate.....
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (09-01-2020), solarrdadd (08-31-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 12:48 AM   #18984
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Tried every tip and it still occurs. I bought it in February 2020, so it will be a warranty scenario. I sent Emo Tech an email of the situation and will touch base with them in the morning. I'm dreading shipping it back, at least I kept the original shipping box.

It bites -- everything was working perfectly. At least this time it appears to be a problem with the gear instead of me mess with it and breaking it. Up until the time it cuts off it is perfectly clear with zero hum or static on the center channel speaker.

I was really looking forward to watching Terminator Dark Fate.....
Sorry to hear the news. In the interim, why not run the Center off your 5008?
Old 09-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #18985
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Sorry to hear the news. In the interim, why not run the Center off your 5008?
I was going to rig it up off the 5008, but just decided to wait until I get the problem resolved. I tried all the tips again with no success.

I'm waiting for a call-back from Emo Tech now.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #18986
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
I was going to rig it up off the 5008, but just decided to wait until I get the problem resolved. I tried all the tips again with no success.

I'm waiting for a call-back from Emo Tech now.
Cool. I'm wondering if they'll be able to better help you and determine for sure if it's something not related to the amp module. Either way, hope you get it resolved soon, and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #18987
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

This is a head scratcher. We decoupled the amp several different ways again trying to get it to go in protection mode, including the power source and amp power cord.

If everything is disconnected and the amp is cold, the amp does not go in protection mode.

We tried different speaker cables to the center channel along with different interconnects. After 30-60 seconds the amp goes in protection mode.

He then had me try a different center channel speaker (I had a nice Polk on the shelf). With the different center channel speaker, the amp does not go in protection mode. So you would think the Mirage OMD-C2 is blown - this is not the case. I hooked it up as a main front speaker and it still kicks azz with awesome highs and lows with no hum, buzz, dead thump etc.... Sounds awesome, great in fact at high volume, I took it up to 80 on the Onk.

When I connect it back as a center channel, it again kicks out the Emo amp again.

How can I have a bad center channel speaker when it still works great???
Old 09-06-2020, 01:36 AM   #18988
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

It is the speaker that is kicking the emotiva amp into protection mode.

I took the grill off and discovered both sub woofers on the OMD-C2 are not kicking out. So it is something inside the speaker. My guess is the crossover is shot. No idea how I'm going to get it fixed/repaired. Any suggestions?

I'll dip into the Mirage forum thread to also look for suggestions.

Good news is that there is nothing wrong with the XPA1.
Thanks given by:
evoll (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 02:13 AM   #18989
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Well ainít that some shit?!? While Iím happy your Emo Amp is good, Iím sorry to hear about the speaker. If you have determined the crossover is shot, can you not take it out and send it the the manufacturer for repair and if thatís too much money, can you find a used crossover on eBay or perhaps from the manufacturer?

Hopefully the speaker forum can give you some good guidance.
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #18990
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Mirage Audio is no longer in business unfortunately so I think sourcing an OEM part is out of the question. The OMD-C2 was their flagship center channel, so it is worth getting it going again.

And since it is being driven by a strong amp, this may be the best time to upgrade anyway.

Just when I thought I was done with the system....
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (09-06-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #18991
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Well ainít that some shit?!? While Iím happy your Emo Amp is good, Iím sorry to hear about the speaker. If you have determined the crossover is shot, can you not take it out and send it the the manufacturer for repair and if thatís too much money, can you find a used crossover on eBay or perhaps from the manufacturer?
The speaker is a modular build and there is no way to get to it. Still trying to figure out how they did it. The cabinet has no seems. It is like the built everything with the bottom off - then it was painted piano black. Really depressing. Where is Big Daddy? He was always good at tearing stuff apart
Old 09-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #18992
Special Member

Apr 2008
Chicagoland

Quote:
The speaker is a modular build and there is no way to get to it. Still trying to figure out how they did it. The cabinet has no seems. It is like the built everything with the bottom off - then it was painted piano black. Really depressing. Where is Big Daddy? He was always good at tearing stuff apart
Question: You are talking about the center speaker, and you will not see the bottom of this speaker normally, right? So why not cut a hole on the bottom to access and fix? Then once fixed, patch it up the best you can for the acoustics and a sealed enclosure, and you will never see the hole and repair in the bottom, right? Your OCD may know that it is there, but it will be on the bottom and not visible. And you can always add something to the bottom like a vinyl wrap or a nice piece of cloth to hide the repair. If it was built like that, and you cannot find any repair manuals, then this may be your only option remaining...
Old 09-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #18993
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSive View Post
Question: You are talking about the center speaker, and you will not see the bottom of this speaker normally, right? So why not cut a hole on the bottom to access and fix? Then once fixed, patch it up the best you can for the acoustics and a sealed enclosure, and you will never see the hole and repair in the bottom, right? Your OCD may know that it is there, but it will be on the bottom and not visible. And you can always add something to the bottom like a vinyl wrap or a nice piece of cloth to hide the repair. If it was built like that, and you cannot find any repair manuals, then this may be your only option remaining...
If I cannot find a repair center I may not have a choice but to open the bottom. Just kills me doing it especially for what it cost
Old 09-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #18994
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
If I cannot find a repair center I may not have a choice but to open the bottom. Just kills me doing it especially for what it cost
I'm a little late to the discussion and missed the last so many posts, but what about popping out the drivers and see if you can get to the crossover from there? That's how I did one of my Rocket Bigfoots and Rocket MKII bookshelves (which also neither have no other compartment access due to design) when new versions were released with a updated crossovers.
Thanks given by:
StalkerVette (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #18995
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Quote:
I'm a little late to the discussion and missed the last so many posts, but what about popping out the drivers and see if you can get to the crossover from there? That's how I did one of my Rocket Bigfoots and Rocket MKII bookshelves (which also neither have no other compartment access due to design) when new versions were released with a updated crossovers.
If I pull the woofers there is no way to get to the center section. The separation baffles are glued in place and the air gap is less than an inch on one end.

I cannot remove the mid speaker because the tweeter housing is in the way. The tweeter housing has one exterior screw and it feels like one or two screwed upward and are also inaccessible.

Kind of surprised they made it this way, it appears to be a non serviceable enclosure without modification. If anyone had a warranty claim I'm certain they just replaced it with a new unit.

I sent an email to the Klipsch service center, waiting to hear back from them.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #18996
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
If I pull the woofers there is no way to get to the center section. The separation baffles are glued in place and the air gap is less than an inch on one end.

I cannot remove the mid speaker because the tweeter housing is in the way. The tweeter housing has one exterior screw and it feels like one or two screwed upward and are also inaccessible.

Kind of surprised they made it this way, it appears to be a non serviceable enclosure without modification. If anyone had a warranty claim I'm certain they just replaced it with a new unit.

I sent an email to the Klipsch service center, waiting to hear back from them.
I was afraid it'd be something like that. Hope you find a solution. They're great speakers. I listened to a set many years ago and was impressed with the dispersion and lack of localization. I actually still have a 5-channel set of Mirage satellites in storage that I can't bring myself to get rid of.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #18997
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Still waiting for a call back from Klipsch technical. They assigned a case number but nothing yet.

They may be doing remote covid work too....
Old 09-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #18998
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Last night I listened to a couple albums - the BigFoot sounds fantastic with the OMD's. It is much brighter than the OMD-C2.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #18999
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Last night I listened to a couple albums - the BigFoot sounds fantastic with the OMD's. It is much brighter than the OMD-C2.
BigFoot? As in Rocket RSC200?
Old 09-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #19000
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Cleveland, GA

Quote:
BigFoot? As in Rocket RSC200?
Yes sir!

Thanks given by:
red_5ive (09-16-2020)