Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$43.49

The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$23.22
8 hrs ago
The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Blu-ray)
$59.99
9 hrs ago
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$101.63

Mad Max 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49

The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$89.99
21 hrs ago
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$18.93
4 hrs ago
Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.62
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-02-2020, 02:20 AM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervij View Post
I just remembered that my OPPO BDP-83 started to fail about a year ago. Very occasionally, and never on the same disc twice, the movie/show will stutter a bit. It goes away when I take the disc out and put it back in, but itís gotten me thinking about the upgrade.

Man, I wish I could afford to upgrade all three at once. My wife would never stand for it, of course. We just canít justify it, especially with me being out of work at the moment.
If you're currently not working, you may want to wait awhile until you go back to work before you start upgrading your equipment. I don't know your financial status but, your family comes first. You got to eat, pay bills and keep a roof over your head for yourself and your family.
Thanks given by:
supervij (05-13-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #22

Sep 2014
Toronto

Quote:
I just remembered that my OPPO BDP-83 started to fail about a year ago. Very occasionally, and never on the same disc twice, the movie/show will stutter a bit. It goes away when I take the disc out and put it back in, but it’s gotten me thinking about the upgrade.

Man, I wish I could afford to upgrade all three at once. My wife would never stand for it, of course. We just can’t justify it, especially with me being out of work at the moment.

I’m perfectly fine without Atmos right away. And I live in an apartment and can’t install ceiling speakers anyway, but somewhere down the line I’ll likely try the upfiring stuff anyway. dobyblue, I appreciate the advice about configuration ideas, thanks!

My AVR (a Yamaha 7.1) has lasted since 2003; I hate to replace it but the lack of HDMI held me back from upgrading ever since 4K players came out. I don’t think any of them offer multichannel analog outputs. To do without the uncompressed soundtracks of movies/TV or BD/SACD/DVD-A music would be tough but I’d manage for a little while.

So...4KTV, then 4K player, then 4K AVR. But with my BD player very slowly winding down, it may get the upgrade first.
With the exception of my tactile transducers and chairs, every single component of my current setup is either factory refurbished/reconditioned (projector, amp) or purchased second hand (speakers, Harmony Hub). My front L+R Monitor 7's were purchased at a garage sale 25 years ago. They still sound amazing. My last 5 projectors were all factory refurbs that gave me excellent performance until upgrade time, most had excellent resale value as well.

I see that you're in the GTA. There are a lot of HT enthusiasts here. With hard times ahead, KIJIJI is full of great HT gear that people are having to part with.

I'm not trying be a bottom feeder. I have always had certain search criteria bookmarked and certain price points set. In the last couple of weeks two of them have come up. I got the Harmony Ultimate remote (with HUB) for $80 CDN and just a couple of days ago picked up a second PARADIGM PS1000 sub for $120 CDN.

Unfortunately these bargains are getting better and more plentiful by the day.

Last edited by crutzulee; 05-05-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
supervij (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #23

Apr 2009

I’d say if you wanna by a tv first now is a great time to get discounts on open box displays for up to 70% off. If you want a new tv wait till holiday or March thru may for clearances out older models. I’ve seen some speakers for 50% off during holiday. There used to be audio sales a cpl times a year. But since we are in the upside down who knows.
As to the order. Start buying physical media now, then tv, players, receiver, speakers. W the right tv the audio can be wired to work on your current sound system.
Thanks given by:
supervij (05-13-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #24

Apr 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I find this somewhat amusing...
I really was prepared to buy everything over the course of a year or so but things just worked out:

Sept 3 - an open box Sony 65X950H 4K TV was delivered from a Best Buy purchase five days earlier. $2600 retail, $1840 paid.

Sept 14 - a refurbished Sony X800M2 4K player was delivered from a Best Buy purchase five days earlier. $400 retail, $275 paid.

Sept 16 - picked up a Yamaha A770 4K receiver from a guy on Kijiji who posted his ad the day before. He paid $700 plus tax new, I paid $650. I was about to buy the newer A780 for $900 but then I spotted his Kijiji ad.

In the space of half a month, all these deals fell in my lap and I pretty much jumped at them. Saved a bundle too. Stoked to add the receiver in an hour or so and get everything going!

EDIT: All prices in Canadian dollars.

Last edited by supervij; 09-16-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Thanks given by:
CompleteCount (09-17-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
A bit off...

Just go the 2 chanel route.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #26

Apr 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma View Post
Just go the 2 chanel route.
Much cheaper, to be sure, but waaay less fun!
Old 09-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #27
Power Member

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

Quote:
i find this somewhat amusing...
I really was prepared to buy everything over the course of a year or so but things just worked out:

[Show spoiler]sept 3 - an open box sony 65x950h 4k tv was delivered from a best buy purchase five days earlier. $2600 retail, $1840 paid.

Sept 14 - a refurbished sony x800m2 4k player was delivered from a best buy purchase five days earlier. $400 retail, $275 paid.

Sept 16 - picked up a yamaha a770 4k receiver from a guy on kijiji who posted his ad the day before. He paid $700 plus tax new, i paid $650. I was about to buy the newer a780 for $900 but then i spotted his kijiji ad.

In the space of half a month, all these deals fell in my lap and i pretty much jumped at them. Saved a bundle too. Stoked to add the receiver in an hour or so and get everything going!

Edit: All prices in canadian dollars.

oylb.jpg
Thanks given by:
supervij (09-18-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Evanston,Il

I went the circuitous route over the about last few years though it picked up steam over the last month or so[Sony UBP-X800 player about 2 years ago followed by a Samsung TU8000 50 inch 4k tv around a month ago and ending with a Yamaha RX-V385 receiver for 4k pass through not long after].
Thanks given by:
supervij (09-18-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion