Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$132.99

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.72

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

American Mummy 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Smurfs 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 09-15-2020, 05:31 AM   #61

Sep 2019

I don't see many rushing out to buy 8K TV's. 4K is about the limit of what the average TV consumer will need or want based on what you can see with the average size display in a living room. 8K is pure marketing fluff.

Yes, glasses-free is the next step in 3D, but it has a long ways to go. As the tech gets better for 3D, it will bring people back. Especially if/when glasses-free 3D is the new norm. But it's early for glasses-free.

Personally, I think adding 4K UHD 3D makes more sense than 8K 2D, as I'm sure many in the 3D forums do. The likelihood? Yeah, who knows? I think there's already been a long pause with 3D. It's been 10 years since this current wave of 3D started, 10 years since the Blu ray 3D standard was released, 10 years since Avatar. It's an old tech standard now. And with this new decade, who knows? Time to start it all over again when Avatar 2 releases.
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 05:18 AM   #62
Special Member

Jul 2009

Hopefully with high frame rate 3D support. The Hobbit movies and Gemini Man are among the few 3D Blu-Rays I haven't bought because their frame rates are wrong.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #63
Power Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyllr View Post
How does this work? It seems that it can take any medium and turn it into 3D or is the source have to be in 3D? It's confusing but this could be a game changer. We'll just have to see.
There used to be a whitepaper or some tech document going around, but I don't think it exists anymore. The monitor in question was custom BTO and DOA, because it was an inferior performing display by the time it made the market and you could only order one from the manufacturer. It was quietly released and then quickly discontinued, so I believe that only the test units and perhaps a few orders were ever made.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
Hopefully with high frame rate 3D support. The Hobbit movies and Gemini Man are among the few 3D Blu-Rays I haven't bought because their frame rates are wrong.
The Hobbit 3D trilogy and Gemini Man 3D also had 24fps 3D theatrical exhibitions. It was nice for enthusiasts who prefer imaginative imagery which hides subtle cues that otherwise reveal realistic acting.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology