Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch)
$49.37
13 hrs ago
RBI 20 Baseball (Switch)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Cooking Mama: Cookstar (Switch)
$39.99

Jump Force (Switch)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
My Hero One's Justice 2 (Switch)
$31.90

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (Switch)
$24.88

Team Sonic Racing (Switch)
$25.60

Darksiders (Switch)
$22.80
2 hrs ago
Code: Realize Future Blessings (Switch)
$29.99
14 hrs ago
Monster Jam Steel Titans (Switch)
$27.99

Resident Evil Triple Pack (Switch)
$38.99
53 min ago
Catherine: Full Body (Switch)
$38.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 09-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #141

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Apparently all three games are just running on emulators. So literally nothing at all has been done to them.

Leave it to Nintendo to find the cheapest laziest way to make money lol
With this and the Kingdoms of Alumur(?) Re-Reckoning I've seen a lot of recent talk/articles about how re-releases are considered purely marketing, to see if there's any interest in future installments. Admittedly, I don't think Nintendo really needs to test the waters for a new Mario games with a collection of ports.

People were hoping for a true "All-Stars" treatment with most/all the games in the collection upgraded like the original Super Mario All-Stars release, and honestly, I can't blame them. Going from one "All-Stars" that gave us the best of the NES era with, at the time, the best current looking graphics for the series/genre, to another that just ported the games over wit minimal improvements, is a bit disheartening.

In its defense though, I think upgrading games by one console generation is a bit easier than 4 generations, at that point you might as well remake it *cough*Spyro/Crash*cough*. And for all we know, that might have been the intent but the work at home mandate killed that idea and this was the best Nintendo could do without missing Mario's 35th anniversary (and in another 30 years we'll get another gigaleak from nintendo and find a partially made Switch version of Mario64). Or it's just Nintendo being Nintendo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
And they know people will eat them up anyway, so they don’t have much incentive.

I can’t judge though because when they announce Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask as a two pack next year for $60 mostly unaltered I’ll be buying them
I'm here still waiting to buy the Switch version of the Metroid Prime Trilogy (which would be the 2nd time I have bought that collection and the 3rd time I have purchased those games) and hoping that they do a retooling (maybe the ability to toggle the need to use motion controls I hope and pray futilely) of Skyward Sword and bring it over. Toss ports of the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD as well. And I'd kind of would love a remake of Zelda 2: Adventures of Link. Maybe we can get that in between BotW2 and what ever Zelda they do after that (which I'd assume would be on a new system).

Last edited by Mando54; 09-15-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:20 PM   #142
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Meh. I am just excited to play these games again and Galaxy for the first time. No issue for me if they are just ports. Still look and play great regardless. Besides you can't remaster Mario 64 because then it would lose that 64 bit charm. Come on Friday.

Not really sure what people are so bent out of shape about. If you expected legit remasters then that is our own fault really. If you are upset about the price or already own them then don't buy it and play the originals.
Thanks given by:
GenPion (09-15-2020), SpazeBlue (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #143

Feb 2019
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando54 View Post
I'm here still waiting to buy the Switch version of the Metroid Prime Trilogy
Yep, same. Have been waiting to play it, but still holding out for the Switch version. Come on, Nintendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Meh. I am just excited to play these games again and Galaxy for the first time. No issue for me if they are just ports. Still look and play great regardless.
Yeah, I've never played these games before, and don't have a N64 or GameCube. Sure, there are emulators and Virtual Console, but I'm perfectly happy they're doing this.

Quote:
Besides you can't remaster Mario 64 because then it would lose that 64 bit charm.
Yep, I'm glad they didn't change much, because it would still be as close as playing the original, and it will still look great thanks to the higher res.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #144
Expert Member

Nov 2014

I decided to go digital on this. Using the game vouchers for this and SMB3DW, so it’s about $48 ea after yen conversion. I doubt there will be any discount for the collection during the limited sales period so this is probably the best deal for digital (if you don’t mind having an extra user account logged in on your Switch).
Old 09-15-2020, 05:00 PM   #145
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

It's basically confirmation that VC will be launching at some point next year. As if the limited release didn't make it obvious enough the fact it's using VC emulators says it all. I wouldn't feel too bad if I missed out on this because they will be available again once VC launches.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #146
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-

Agreed, we’ll definitely get them sold individually digitally after the March deadline.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #147
Expert Member

Nov 2014

I was actually thinking this would end up being a built-in or bundles game next year so they technically aren’t selling it but if you really want it just buy a new system.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #148
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

Quote:
I'm here still waiting to buy the Switch version of the Metroid Prime Trilogy (which would be the 2nd time I have bought that collection and the 3rd time I have purchased those games) and hoping that they do a retooling (maybe the ability to toggle the need to use motion controls I hope and pray futilely) of Skyward Sword and bring it over. Toss ports of the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD as well. And I'd kind of would love a remake of Zelda 2: Adventures of Link. Maybe we can get that in between BotW2 and what ever Zelda they do after that (which I'd assume would be on a new system).
Man I want all of this. The eternally held-off Metroid Prime Trilogy kills me. All ready to go but marketing holding it back to tie in to the eternally delayed MP4.

I also think a remake of Zelda and Zelda 2 from the NES similar to how Link's Awakening was handled (or at least how Metroid was made into Zero Mission on the GBA) would be very cool. Some of the elements of those early Zelda games are starting to show their age and could use a moderate enhancement.

Give me Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid: Fusion and the remake of Return of Samus ports as well, please.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:16 AM   #149
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-

There is heavy speculation of something Metroid coming besides Prime 4; specifically a 2D game. Prime Trilogy will absolutely come before 4, that would be lunacy not to. Doubtful that it gets a full blown 35th anniversary treatment next year like Mario unless Nintendo finally decides they care about the franchise; which is not entirely unreasonable since its never been as big of a seller.

I fully believe Zelda will see a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD pack and Skyward Sword HD next year for its 35th. I would like to see an HD version of Ocarina and Majora as well, but I’m less certain of that.
Thanks given by:
captveg (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 12:25 AM   #150
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

I'd be fine with Ocarina/Majora getting the higher resolution SM64 treatment.

I doubt Nintendo would do a Metroid 35th Anniversary event, especially since Zelda will be having its 35th Anniversary. I don't care how they do it, I just want the games, and while I love having Super Metroid on the Online, it's hard to go back to the NES Metroid after playing Zero Mission.

Last edited by captveg; 09-16-2020 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:12 AM   #151
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

GameStop is cancelling pre-orders now too.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:51 AM   #152
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
California

Hopefully next year we get Orcarina of Time and Twilight Princess.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #153
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
New Jersey

Thanks given by:
Mavrick (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #154
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo Switch)"
Estimated arrival date: September 18 2020

Thanks given by:
Diesel (09-16-2020), Himmel (09-16-2020), SpazeBlue (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #155

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
I'd be fine with Ocarina/Majora getting the higher resolution SM64 treatment.

I doubt Nintendo would do a Metroid 35th Anniversary event, especially since Zelda will be having its 35th Anniversary. I don't care how they do it, I just want the games, and while I love having Super Metroid on the Online, it's hard to go back to the NES Metroid after playing Zero Mission.
I think for OoT and MM they'd just use the 3DS versions, which is graphically better than their N64 originals.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:01 PM   #156
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
California

My Amazon pre-order still says I should have it on Friday, so crossing fingers. If anyone has their order ship please share here.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #157
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
Man I want all of this. The eternally held-off Metroid Prime Trilogy kills me. All ready to go but marketing holding it back to tie in to the eternally delayed MP4.

I also think a remake of Zelda and Zelda 2 from the NES similar to how Link's Awakening was handled (or at least how Metroid was made into Zero Mission on the GBA) would be very cool. Some of the elements of those early Zelda games are starting to show their age and could use a moderate enhancement.

Give me Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid: Fusion and the remake of Return of Samus ports as well, please.
I would love a quality Zelda 2 remake, and i would hope they don't make it all easy! I miss the challenge.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #158
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
I think for OoT and MM they'd just use the 3DS versions, which is graphically better than their N64 originals.
I'd rather see Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword in a bundle (if we only get three). If they re-release OoT as a direct port of any version I'll pass, that game really needs a makeover. For that matter, I'd rather have Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a collection over a direct port of OoT/MM.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #159
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

Honestly, the Zelda game I want ported the most in GBA's The Minish Cap.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (09-17-2020), heyadol (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 01:05 AM   #160

Aug 2020

Pre-ordered mine from Best Buy, and it shipped today.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch