Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49
 
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$101.63
 
Mad Max 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
 
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Hocus Pocus 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.02
9 hrs ago
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Hook 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.95
12 hrs ago
The House by the Cemetery 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.44
10 hrs ago
Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Total Recall 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
12 hrs ago
American Psycho 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 09:41 AM   #3121
Matt1273737373 Matt1273737373 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2019
Default

Well I was gonna wait but I picked it up I caved lol

Last edited by Matt1273737373; 09-16-2020 at 10:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #3122
jackranderson jackranderson is offline
Power Member
 
jackranderson's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
United Kingdom
37
1100
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
Why don't you order the US version and get it shipped to England. I'm sure
the exchange rate is favorable!
Shipping / import fees brings it to $135
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #3123
Jb162009 Jb162009 is online now
Expert Member
 
Jb162009's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Abingdon , England
199
199
43
Default

Really tempting but already picked up Maguire, League of their own, Mr Smith and Gandi so only really after Lawrence of Arabia.

If anyone wants to sell just LOA, please PM me. Have a friend in US who can receive if seller US based or I am UK based if seller selling UK version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #3124
ShowtimeMDL ShowtimeMDL is offline
Member
 
Aug 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
jrsl76 or if cost is of concern, Amazon-Germany had this recently. I understand the book to be in English. No import costs to wory about, cheaper quicker shipping. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B08BSP...0241905&sr=1-1
Book is in English, everything else in German, no slipcover for the movies.

Those two are the main differences with the US edition (that I just got, delivered to Spain, taxes included, for 115 eur)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:03 PM   #3125
fabio_p fabio_p is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2016
The Netherlands
42
1198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeMDL View Post
Book is in English, everything else in German, no slipcover for the movies.

Those two are the main differences with the US edition (that I just got, delivered to Spain, taxes included, for 115 eur)
Same for the Dutch version. No slipcovers, the book is in English, everything else in Dutch and French. Currently on Amazon.nl for Ä 100.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #3126
stratford stratford is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio_p View Post
Same for the Dutch version. No slipcovers, the book is in English, everything else in Dutch and French. Currently on Amazon.nl for Ä 100.
fabio_p;18084390 and shipping is NL only
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #3127
Roy_Batty Roy_Batty is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2010
Canada
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
Shipping / import fees brings it to $135
Yes!, but that works out to 103 pounds sterling. Not a bad price, all the discs 2k and 4k are all region, and you could sell the codes online and make back at least $30 dollars on that. So the real price would be $105, or 80 pounds sterling. So what is wrong with that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #3128
jackranderson jackranderson is offline
Power Member
 
jackranderson's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
United Kingdom
37
1100
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
Yes!, but that works out to 103 pounds sterling. Not a bad price, all the discs 2k and 4k are all region, and you could sell the codes online and make back at least $30 dollars on that. So the real price would be $105, or 80 pounds sterling. So what is wrong with that?
Itís a very fair price for sure, Iím just not sure if I can justify it at the moment ... Iíll probably get it still though, donít want to miss out on such a killer set.

Are the digital codes usable for all regions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #3129
Roy_Batty Roy_Batty is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2010
Canada
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
It’s a very fair price for sure, I’m just not sure if I can justify it at the moment ... I’ll probably get it still though, don’t want to miss out on such a killer set.

Are the digital codes usable for all regions?
No the codes are exclusive to the US version, I do not believe that the codes
will work in other countries. But I'm confident you can get $5 bucks for each film, or $30 dollars for all. Hell if you only want the movies themselves you could also sell the book and the packaging seperately. Something to also consider is the Slipcovers. These were not included with the European releases, so you could probably sell them for $5 each as well. And I just realised you could just keep the 4k versions of the movies in the cases, with the inserts and sell off the Blu-rays for each movie with the extras for another $5 each, so there is another $30 bucks!.
So: 6 codes sold, $30
1 book $10
1 package $15
6 slipcovers $30
6 sets of Blu-rays for each movie $30

Total $115.00
So really $135.00 minus $115.00 = $20.00 = 15 pounds. And you get to keep all of the movies! So what is wrong with that?

Last edited by Roy_Batty; 09-16-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: had another idea!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #3130
stratford stratford is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2009
1
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
No the codes are exclusive to the US version, I do not believe that the codes
will work in other countries. But I'm confident you can get $5 bucks for each film, or $30 dollars for all. Hell if you only want the movies themselves you could also sell the book and the packaging seperately. Something to also consider is the Slipcovers. These were not included with the European releases, so you could probably sell them for $5 each as well.
So: 6 codes sold, $30
1 book $10
1 package $15
6 slipcovers $30

Total $85.00
So really $135.00 minus $85.00 = $50.00 = 38 pounds 50 pence. And you get to keep all of the movies! So what is wrong with that?
Roy_Batty What you say is 100% bang on the money. As on 16Th September, Amazon-usa charge $100. Even if they included a Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player brand new at no extra charge people here would still *****, whine and make excuses as to why even that was to expensive
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #3131
jackranderson jackranderson is offline
Power Member
 
jackranderson's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
United Kingdom
37
1100
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
No the codes are exclusive to the US version, I do not believe that the codes
will work in other countries. But I'm confident you can get $5 bucks for each film, or $30 dollars for all. Hell if you only want the movies themselves you could also sell the book and the packaging seperately. Something to also consider is the Slipcovers. These were not included with the European releases, so you could probably sell them for $5 each as well. And I just realised you could just keep the 4k versions of the movies in the cases, with the inserts and sell off the Blu-rays for each movie with the extras for another $5 each, so there is another $30 bucks!.
So: 6 codes sold, $30
1 book $10
1 package $15
6 slipcovers $30
6 sets of Blu-rays for each movie $30

Total $115.00
So really $135.00 minus $115.00 = $20.00 = 15 pounds. And you get to keep all of the movies! So what is wrong with that?

Thank you. I wonít be selling anything other than the digital codes if I do get it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #3132
jackranderson jackranderson is offline
Power Member
 
jackranderson's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
United Kingdom
37
1100
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
Roy_Batty What you say is 100% bang on the money. As on 16Th September, Amazon-usa charge $100. Even if they included a Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player brand new at no extra charge people here would still *****, whine and make excuses as to why even that was to expensive
Itís very fair priced, all Iím saying is I canít afford it right now. Thereís no need to shit on people who canít justify the expense at this moment in time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:31 PM   #3133
Roy_Batty Roy_Batty is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2010
Canada
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
Thank you. I wonít be selling anything other than the digital codes if I do get it.
Well Jack, I have seen many people have the same attitude as you on this very thread. Usually what happens is they wait too long, and end up empty handed!.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:56 PM   #3134
jackranderson jackranderson is offline
Power Member
 
jackranderson's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
United Kingdom
37
1100
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
Well Jack, I have seen many people have the same attitude as you on this very thread. Usually what happens is they wait too long, and end up empty handed!.
This is why I want it available in the uk so I can use something like Klarna or clearpay
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #3135
Roy_Batty Roy_Batty is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2010
Canada
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
This is why I want it available in the uk so I can use something like Klarna or clearpay
And that is a fair statement. But if that does not happen, the US set may be your only alternative. Right now the Canadian set is completely sold out at online retailers, your only other route is Ebay, and that is more expensive than amazon. Also, you do not know how how much stock they have, so don't wait too long. Good luck!.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jackranderson (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #3136
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
316
1817
5
5
18
Default

I wouldnít count on selling the codes for $30.

That would be nice but I donít think thatís realistic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #3137
TFU09 TFU09 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2011
77
831
Default

Man, I’m so tempted. Part of me wants to bite and order this, but I also wonder if there will be any sort of Black Friday online deals for this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #3138
bluskies bluskies is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bluskies's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
100
1608
221
72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1273737373 View Post
I’ll wait for 88
I'd be cautious about doing that if I were you. If they run out, the next person in line on Amazon selling it is a third party with a price of $294.99.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RoxanneTheThiccWolf (09-17-2020), SpazeBlue (09-16-2020), stratford (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #3139
stratford stratford is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskies View Post
I'd be cautious about doing that if I were you. If they run out, the next person in line on Amazon selling it is a third party with a price of $294.99.
bluskies sadly that is the only way that some people learn
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #3140
ShowtimeMDL ShowtimeMDL is offline
Member
 
Aug 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Batty View Post
Yes!, but that works out to 103 pounds sterling. Not a bad price, all the discs 2k and 4k are all region, and you could sell the codes online and make back at least $30 dollars on that. So the real price would be $105, or 80 pounds sterling. So what is wrong with that?
Iīm planning to sell the digital codes and keep everything else indeed, DC wonīt work in my country.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:04 AM.