Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.51
1 day ago
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 day ago
Hocus Pocus 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.95

Deadly Games 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.44
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.10

Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Prince of Darkness 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Total Recall 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old Today, 03:13 PM   #5321
Expert Member

Jun 2016
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTim View Post
anyone who ordered from GRUV's website got theirs yet? mine is still stuck on "sent to warehouse"
I'll suggest to call Gruv, I did today and they told me that it's backordered and they're waiting for more to come to the warehouse.

If you guys ordered any TV shows from them at eBay (Parks and Rec, House) call them, because I had an order for P&R and they told me that they cancelled the order on the 10th but there's no notification on eBay and now I had to sent a request for refund.
Thanks given by:
Blacknapkins (Today)
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #5322
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4Knight View Post
While all the time travel logic checks out in terms of Doc, Marty and Clara in party III, and that was well confirmed in the last page or so, I honestly can't believe people discuss the time travel of the movie and it's trilogy unironically. The filmmakers in their own personal statements/philosophies and in the execution of the films don't take the concept and 'accuracy' of time travel seriously.

They were so much more focused on how many jokes they could make out of the future and the past as they can. It's light hearted adventure.
But when Marty first gets back to 1985 at the end of the first film, where's the Marty that grew up in the changed timeline, the one that has all of the memories of living with a more confident dad? He's just GONE. It's almost like the original Marty murdered him. This is a sick movie.
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #5323

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
But when Marty first gets back to 1985 at the end of the first film, where's the Marty that grew up in the changed timeline, the one that has all of the memories of living with a more confident dad? He's just GONE. It's almost like the original Marty murdered him. This is a sick movie.
It's been a while since I have seen Part II (probably tonight), but if memory serves, when alternate Biff first bursts into his suite after "The Easy Way," he yells something like "You're supposed to be in Switzerland, you son of a B****!"
Old Today, 03:45 PM   #5324
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

My head hurts.
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #5325
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarcourtMudd View Post
It's been a while since I have seen Part II (probably tonight), but if memory serves, when alternate Biff first bursts into his suite after "The Easy Way," he yells something like "You're supposed to be in Switzerland, you son of a B****!"
That's a third Marty, the one who grew up with Biff getting rich and powerful from the Almanac, murdering his dad, and marrying his mom. I'm guessing based on the time travel rules, he disappears as well when O.G Marty returns to that alternate 1985.
Old Today, 03:58 PM   #5326
Special Member

Aug 2013
Texas

Quote:
That's a third Marty, the one who grew up with Biff getting rich and powerful from the Almanac, murdering his dad, and marrying his mom. I'm guessing based on the time travel rules, he disappears as well when O.G Marty returns to that alternate 1985.
It doesn't work that way according to the rule established at the end of the first movie. Marty comes back to 1985 10 minutes early (he was trying to save Doc from getting shot since Doc tore up the letter in 1955), and he watches his other self go back to 1955.
Thanks given by:
nathanddrews (Today)
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #5327

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
It doesn't work that way according to the rule established at the end of the first movie. Marty comes back to 1985 10 minutes early (he was trying to save Doc from getting shot since Doc tore up the letter in 1955), and he watches his other self go back to 1955.
As far as answers to impossible time-traveling paradoxes go, this is the correct answer.
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #5328

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
Then that Marty going back to 1955 spins off another alternate timeline, which he returns to in 1985, while that timeline's Marty travels back to 1955, etc. It just keeps going indefinitely, or until a timeline exists where Marty never goes back to 1955, in which case that timeline would have two Martys once the last Marty to go back to 1955 returns to 1985.
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #5329
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2017
-
-
-

Quote:
There never was one of those. That was just "our" Marty. He remembers how things were but to everyone else he grew up in that timeline.

One of the things that made the filmmakers realize that Eric Stoltz wasn't going to work as Marty was because when he read the script he lamented that how sad and depressing the ending is that everything and everyone Marty knew was changed from how he remembered it.
Old Today, 04:52 PM   #5330
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Everett View Post
No, you can see her standing there in the background on the train platform when Doc and Marty are looking at the map and discussing the railroad line they intend to use. When they leave to go look at it, she reverts back to having to rent the wagon to take her belongings to her new house.
Only on seeing this movie for the umpteenth time did I finally notice that Clara's standing on the platform all throughout that scene when Doc and Marty are looking at the map
Old Today, 05:06 PM   #5331

Dec 2014

I still want to know why George and Lorraine named their first son Dave as opposed to Marty since it is "such a nice name."
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #5332
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemarsen View Post
I still want to know why George and Lorraine named their first son Dave as opposed to Marty since it is "such a nice name."
Maybe when Dave was born, Lorraine and George were like, 'Huh... he doesn't really look much like Michael J. Fox. Maybe the next one...'
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (Today), SpazeBlue (Today)
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #5333
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Quote:
No, he's living in the other 1985. The Twin Pines 1985.
I talked about this in the other BttF thread, when the last anniversary edition came out.
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #5334

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRochester View Post
There never was one of those. That was just "our" Marty. He remembers how things were but to everyone else he grew up in that timeline.

One of the things that made the filmmakers realize that Eric Stoltz wasn't going to work as Marty was because when he read the script he lamented that how sad and depressing the ending is that everything and everyone Marty knew was changed from how he remembered it.
Eric may have been onto something here.

While everything seems a lot better for Marty and his family when he returns to 1985 at the end of BTTF, something's gotta give, you know what I mean? For example, I'm wondering if somewhere down the line, in this seemingly "improved" 1985, he will discover that one of his close friends or relatives who was alive in the original 1985 had already died sometime in this new timeline before 1985. Something like along these lines. It's like from the movie The Butterfly Effect, where every time you try to change something in the past to make the present better, something else gets messed up.
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #5335
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Yeah if only BTTF had included a downer like that at the end, what could've been...
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #5336
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2017
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockableclaw View Post
Eric may have been onto something here.

While everything seems a lot better for Marty and his family when he returns to 1985 at the end of BTTF, something's gotta give, you know what I mean? For example, I'm wondering if somewhere down the line, in this seemingly "improved" 1985, he will discover that one of his close friends or relatives who was alive in the original 1985 had already died sometime in this new timeline before 1985. Something like along these lines. It's like from the movie The Butterfly Effect, where every time you try to change something in the past to make the present better, something else gets messed up.
There was another movie like that... oh what was it called again...? Oh yeah, Back to the Future Part II.
Old Today, 06:01 PM   #5337
Special Member

Aug 2010
California

My gruv ebay order came in a bubble mailer yesterday, other than a dent in the back left corner, tried to upload a pic but it keeps failing, it is in great condition, the barcode has a sticker with another barcode over it, not sure if thats why they were selling for 9.99.

Also came with the digital copy sheet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies