Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
13 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
11 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
The Hand (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-30-2020, 02:35 AM   #1

Apr 2014
Default Help Identify a movie please!

Shortly, after my fourteenth birthday in March of 1998, I faked sick from school, and while I was home, I watched this strange movie which aired on a basic cable movie channel. What I remember of it is as follows:

The first thing I remember (I think it's the beginning of the movie) is a still shot of what I remember as a street corner or shop window, and there is a light which flashes with a voice. The light is speaking to the main character of the movie. It tells him that she is his mother, and that he is not actually a human being. She tells him that he is an alien, and that he was brought to Earth as an infant and disguised as a human. But she then tells him, it is time to return to his home planet, to live again with his real family.

This first sequence, I think is a dream of the main character. He wakes up, is married with children, and must confront the possibility that he is actually and alien and that his whole life has been a lie. I think he reveals this to his family, and they support him and try to test whether it could be true (could be wrong about that part). But the movie ends with his family helping him try to board a space shuttle, which he intends to fly back to his home planet.

Sounds CRAZY right!? I have no idea what it was called or who was in it. I would guess it is from the 1970s or early 80s. If anyone can name this movie for me, I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!

As a side note, when this took place, I had been first discovering classic rock music, and for my birthday gotten four cds: Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin III, and Presence (to then complete my Zeppelin catalogue), and lastly Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon (to start my Pink Floyd catalogue). So me seeing this movie coincided with my discovery of some of the best music ever recorded. Kind of neat! I remember arranging the cd cases on the rug in front of the tv while I was watching, and studying the liner notes and artwork and all that. memories...
Old 08-30-2020, 03:16 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
Illinois

Weekend at Bernie’s.
Thanks given by:
UnionJackMix (09-12-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 03:56 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshitaka View Post
Shortly, after my fourteenth birthday in March of 1998, I faked sick from school, and while I was home, I watched this strange movie which aired on a basic cable movie channel. What I remember of it is as follows:

The first thing I remember (I think it's the beginning of the movie) is a still shot of what I remember as a street corner or shop window, and there is a light which flashes with a voice. The light is speaking to the main character of the movie. It tells him that she is his mother, and that he is not actually a human being. She tells him that he is an alien, and that he was brought to Earth as an infant and disguised as a human. But she then tells him, it is time to return to his home planet, to live again with his real family.

This first sequence, I think is a dream of the main character. He wakes up, is married with children, and must confront the possibility that he is actually and alien and that his whole life has been a lie. I think he reveals this to his family, and they support him and try to test whether it could be true (could be wrong about that part). But the movie ends with his family helping him try to board a space shuttle, which he intends to fly back to his home planet.

Sounds CRAZY right!? I have no idea what it was called or who was in it. I would guess it is from the 1970s or early 80s. If anyone can name this movie for me, I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!

As a side note, when this took place, I had been first discovering classic rock music, and for my birthday gotten four cds: Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin III, and Presence (to then complete my Zeppelin catalogue), and lastly Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon (to start my Pink Floyd catalogue). So me seeing this movie coincided with my discovery of some of the best music ever recorded. Kind of neat! I remember arranging the cd cases on the rug in front of the tv while I was watching, and studying the liner notes and artwork and all that. memories...
What Planet are you from?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181151/
M

The Arrival?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115571/?ref_=kw_li_tt

My Stepmother is an Alien?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095687/?ref_=kw_li_tt

The Tv Show: The Invaders?

Trailer: https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2122759...stId=tt0112018

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112018/?ref_=kw_li_tt
Thanks given by:
Joshitaka (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 01:29 AM   #4

Apr 2014

No, it is definitely not any of those movies.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

Apr 2014

bump
Old 09-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

Try cross-posting here, Iíve gotten most of answers so far.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=134673
Thanks given by:
Joshitaka (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 04:16 AM   #7

Apr 2014

Gee, thanks! Didn't know that was a thing
Thanks given by:
AeroK (10-25-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshitaka View Post
Gee, thanks! Didn't know that was a thing
I'd recommend leaving out all the background and your personal history, your goal is to find out the name of the movie.

If the clues and details about the movie are "hidden" in the details of your personal history, it may turn ppl off to reading your (long) post ...which decrease your chance of discovering the name of the movie.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:11 PM   #9

Feb 2018
Texas

This sounds like Slaughterhouse Five to me..
Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
Red face

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat