Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
11 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
7 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
5 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.50
2 hrs ago
Freaky (Blu-ray)
$14.96
2 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Tremors 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49
3 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Drive (Blu-ray)
$31.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I never understand the whole "I need to work to keep busy!" thing. If I had an endless supply of money and didn't need to work, I'd just dedicate myself to my hobbies 24/7. More movies, more reading (a LOT more reading), long walks, teaching myself to cook, traveling, dating/getting laid, doing all of the shit I could never afford or have the time to do working all the time. You all act like anyone who hits the lottery and quits their job will do nothing more than sit on the couch all day eating Cheetos. What money buys is FREEDOM, more than anything, and that doesn't mean doing nothing.
Well said! I would travel. Hell I'd NEVER be home! LOL
Old 02-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

A lot of you guys must not be married. If you were wealthy enough to stay home 24/7, so would your SO, and it'd probably drive you crazy. I know some guys who went back to work after retiring young just to get away from the riff-raff at home.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:59 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
A lot of you guys must not be married. If you were wealthy enough to stay home 24/7, so would your SO, and it'd probably drive you crazy. I know some guys who went back to work after retiring young just to get away from the riff-raff at home.
now see that i don't understand. why would you stay married to someone you don't want to be around? if that person bothers you that much, get a divorce and enjoy the single life.
Thanks given by:
Cinema84 (02-22-2019), InuYashaCrusade (03-11-2019), RustinCohle (03-15-2019), thecooldud (02-21-2019), THE_FORCE (06-04-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 11:11 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Unfortunately this happens. You get married and some have kids. When you retire you're always together and it can be a difficult adjustment. My wife and I don't have kids and when we are off for a week we make sure there's time for us to be apart and do our own thing. It really is important.
Thanks given by:
meremortal (02-22-2019), Skylath (01-11-2021)
Old 02-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #45
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2012

When you have a job, you look forward to your time off. If you're in leisure mode 24/7 that can get just as old as a daily work grind. I'll take both (work and play) - not just one. You don't have to travel on your vacation - you can veg out at home. It's the very definition of a vacation
Thanks given by:
meremortal (02-22-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 01:07 AM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
This.

If anyone had the choice to either work for their money, or to just be given money, EVERYONE would choose the free money.
Sad, but you are probably right. That doesn't go for everyone, though.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #47
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

I don't mind working. I get bored out of my mind if I sit around the house for too many days on end, work helps to break that up. No one is ever gonna pay the bills for you, so you've got no choice but to get up and work if you like it or not.

I've had jobs that I enjoyed going to because of who I worked with at the time. My previous job was great because I enjoyed the job, got promoted and worked with a bunch of people who I was friends with. Management was cool and we'd all pretty much hang out and mess around while the store was slow, it was like being paid to come and hang with friends. Sadly it is a seasonal position that comes around once each year, so I do another job in the meantime.

My current job is easy for the most part. I'm alone for the majority of my day and do everything at my own pace, management leaves me alone unless they need me for something else. It's the perfect position for me because I'm anti-social as hell and always know what is expected of me.
Thanks given by:
Skylath (01-11-2021), THE_FORCE (06-05-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #48
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

if i didn't have to work, i definitely wouldn't be bored. and i definitely wouldn't just sit at home.

i have my shop i can go do stuff in
i'd work on the yard (i actually like doing yard work)
hang out with family
watch tv (i can always find something to watch)

i've been unemployed, before, for quite a while. you find ways to take up your time so you're not bored.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (03-19-2019), Monterey Jack (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 12:11 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Hopefully this new doggie job will make me like to work again and earn some money.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #50
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2012

I generally enjoy what I do...until I get weird phone calls from someone threatening to harm me. Some nutjob thinks I'm holding his wallet, which he claims to have lost in my building two weeks ago. He actually came into my building and spoke with the guy who was sitting in for me for lunch. That guy, a porter, told him he didn't have any info and gave him my work number. Sure enough he calls me and asks me where his wallet is. I tell him I don't have it and then he screams, in a steadily rising voice, that he's on a train heading back to bash my face in lol. He never showed up but I don't think this is over yet. He lives one State over so if he ever turns up it probably won't be any time soon. Other than that, my job is cool.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

Fortunately, I don't have to work. Aside from the few hours a day I spend on the husband's work, I have a lot to keep me busy throughout the day. With the weather starting to get a bit nicer, I'm ready to tackle the outside.

If the husband wasn't working as well, I could see us doing a lot more together which would be great. Plus, if the money was there, he and his brother would head to Montana for a good couple of weeks for hunting.

He would get bored anyway. When he comes home for 3-4 days, he's still puttering around the house and outside doing stuff.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynatnite View Post
Fortunately, I don't have to work. Aside from the few hours a day I spend on the husband's work, I have a lot to keep me busy throughout the day. With the weather starting to get a bit nicer, I'm ready to tackle the outside.

If the husband wasn't working as well, I could see us doing a lot more together which would be great. Plus, if the money was there, he and his brother would head to Montana for a good couple of weeks for hunting.

He would get bored anyway. When he comes home for 3-4 days, he's still puttering around the house and outside doing stuff.
would LOVE to do that, one day

hell, i'd like to just visit montana
Old 03-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Chicago

No, working sucks no matter the job.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (03-20-2019), Monterey Jack (03-16-2019), thecooldud (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 12:57 AM   #54
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Central California

I don't like working at all, but it's a necessity; I need to to put food in my belly and fund my hobbies somehow. I've been unemployed for six months now (how time flies!), and even though I hated my last employer, I actually miss the job I had. That's not to say I've been bored out of my mind during this unemployment stretch, but I know I can't live off my savings forever. I'm just thankfull my parents are understanding and not the "GTFO my house!" kind of parents.

Thus the applications and resumes continue to go out in hopes someone will interview me so I can once again "work." Even if it's a retail job, that's fine with me. I just want something to hold me over until I'm done with school....which is about 2yrs away. I just find it difficult explaining my termination to prospective employers.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Canada #1!

I don't enjoy working for a living, but trying to get through life without a job or any future prospects is horrifying.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 03:30 AM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

I like working. I get a decent salary to run multi-million dollar machines. Who wouldn't enjoy that?
But if I didn't have to work, I wouldn't.

I laugh when I see couples who've won the lottery and they say they're not giving up their job. I'm like "Yeaahhh, suurrre!".
Thanks given by:
jonmoz (12-22-2019), Monterey Jack (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #57
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I laugh when I see couples who've won the lottery and they say they're not giving up their job. I'm like "Yeaahhh, suurrre!".
There's another way of looking at this. If you have a job that you kind of enjoy, or not necessarily hate, and your direct supervisors aren't douchebags, it's entirely possible to want to keep working even after a windfall just to stay active. Some folks may even have a tough time discontinuing their everyday routine from one day to the next and may actually want to keep up the daily grind. Other people simply don't see themselves staying home after working most of their lives. One of my bosses is approaching 90, he's already wealthy yet he keeps on working. I suspect he may actually be happier coming to work than staying home
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (03-20-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 02:37 AM   #58
Power Member

Jun 2011
Little Chute, WI

The word a lot of people seem to be missing is “fulfilling.” Outside of running a videography business in what most would consider a part time capacity, I spent 6 months staying at home with my infant daughter. I really enjoyed it, raising her and not sitting in an office (like my usual day jobs). I watched all the movies I could stand. I was very fulfilled.

Then by near sheer luck I was offered a job running the av/media department of a large local multi-campus church. Because I was fulfilled in what I was doing I almost didn’t take it. But I did and it turns out to be the best job I’ve ever had. I’m respected for my knowledge and skills, well compensated, have very flexible hours, am largely my own boss... and while it isn’t my absolute dream job it is in my career path (for the first time). I am fulfilled.

Would I leave it for a better opportunity in my career path? Sure. Would I leave it to stay home? No. That’s what enjoying your work looks like
Thanks given by:
Xtempo (03-21-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 01:34 AM   #59
Power Member

Aug 2011
Earth

I recently got laid off from the job I had for 21+ years. Seeing as I got a severance package so far I'd say I like being out of work quite a bit. But that money isn't going to last very long so inevitably I'll have to find a new job soon. Odds are that I'll enjoy my next job less then my last.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

My job makes me beyond miserable, but it does pay decently. Now I’ve had it for 12 years, and have accumulated so much seniority that I’m scared to leave, and essentially feel like I’m a prisoner there.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat