Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
11 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.55
1 day ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 AM   #41
Special Member

Apr 2008

I wish all BDs would have slipcovers as I find the spines on my shelf look awful
Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantlers View Post
Has anyone else's copy of Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay shipped from Warner yet? My White Castle shipped out yesterday, but no word on this one. Strange...
I placed my order of White Castle and Guantanamo on Wednesday night. White Castle shipped on friday and I received it on Monday. Guantanamo shipped on Monday and I received it on Tuesday (next day). Shipping method:standard. Gotta love WHV .
Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

I dont think this is worth a thread... I mean I get your anger..but theres NOTHING you can do about this perticular situation. So why make a thread?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #44

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimejer05 View Post
I dont think this is worth a thread... I mean I get your anger..but theres NOTHING you can do about this perticular situation. So why make a thread?
I don't think your response was worth reading. You knew what we were discussing when you clicked the thread.

Why make a thread you ask? Because this is a message board about Blu-rays and I want to know other peoples thoughts on slipcovers.

Hey, thanks for your contribution----jackass.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
New Orleans

I dislike slipcovers in general other then for boxed sets. I take them off and throw them away with the wrapping and security stickers. The studios should spend more time and make the cases themselves better looking then to have some flimsy slipcover.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #46
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djluis2k6 View Post
In this case, along with many others, the slipcover is to show that the release is a special edition and/or Unrated editions. It's not a big deal, it's just an extra marketing strategy.
actually its more of a theft deterrent put on new releases, I know that it can be easli removed but that was their thinking for the dvd releases. I read this a few years back
Old 07-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalmz View Post
I don't think your response was worth reading. You knew what we were discussing when you clicked the thread.

Why make a thread you ask? Because this is a message board about Blu-rays and I want to know other peoples thoughts on slipcovers.

Hey, thanks for your contribution----jackass.
Hey no need for name calling. I just thought that there was no point in this.. I get its discussion but the only real replies this thread can get is.. I dont like slip covers... I throw them away... or I do like slip covers... its just kinda a pointless thread... now if there was a poll allowing us to choose if movies should have slip covers and why then I would be all for it.

Whatever I just keep going and going
Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #48

Jan 2008
Question The cardboard sleeve thread

Why am I saving the cardboard slip cases that are an exact dupllication of the cover art designed to fit over the plastic film protecting the actual DVD cover art?

I used to extricate the pre-recorded VHS tapes from the shrink wrap via an Exacto knife incision around the base of the cardboard case so that the cellophane would preserve the box for posterity. What's wrong with me?

Does anyone else save the Blu-ray slip sleeves that came with their copies of "The Mummy," "Chronicles of Narnia" and "Pirates of the Caribbean," for example? Do you toss them out or store them somewhere else in case you trade up?

How much more do you suppose it costs for companies to package a Blu-ray in an extra cardboard sleeve? Is it a threat to forests?
Old 08-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

I keep my slipcovers on.I don't separate them at all and I think most of us on here does that.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #50

Jul 2008

Thats funny! Maybe were all a little nuts when it comes to movies and the media that allows us to lose ourselves in an alternate world for a few hours.

I definitly keep the cardboard sleeves. I'll even go a step farther. If it was a favorite movie and I lost the sleeve.....I believe I'd be compelled to go buy another copy!!! Told you I was a little nuts!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefiz View Post
I keep my slipcovers on.I don't separate them at all and I think most of us on here does that.
I don't. With my kid and the fact that the don't look uniform, I tuck 'em away in a closet.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #52
Banned

Sep 2007

I wish I wasn't compelled to admit this, but I avoided buying Doomsday yesterday because the copies at Fry's Electronics had damaged slip covers. I despise Warner's digi-books and digi-paks so this makes little sense to even me. But I save each and everyone of them.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Baltimore, MD

A couple months back I decided they served no purpose for me and tossed them. I much prefer the uniform look when on a shelf. Plus I don't look at them, I'm not "collecting" them, I'm buying movies I will watch. i'm probably in the minority here, but that's ok.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' T View Post
I used to extricate the pre-recorded VHS tapes from the shrink wrap via an Exacto knife incision around the base of the cardboard case so that the cellophane would preserve the box for posterity. What's wrong with me?
Hahaha I was wondering if I was the only one! I do this too! I also do this with TV on DVD. Keeps the package in ultra MINT condition.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
New Orleans

I throw my slipcovers away. I love how nice and even everything is (other then my DH collection, ugh), also I learned from DVDs they get dinged up and shabby looking quick.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #56
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger View Post
Hahaha I was wondering if I was the only one! I do this too! I also do this with TV on DVD. Keeps the package in ultra MINT condition.
I guess there are three of us sickos.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #57
Banned

Jan 2008
Houston, TX
Send a message via AIM to arush5268d Send a message via Yahoo to arush5268d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquoz View Post
I throw my slipcovers away. I love how nice and even everything is (other then my DH collection, ugh), also I learned from DVDs they get dinged up and shabby looking quick.
I'm the same way. I can't stand the non-uniform look that my DVD collection from all the different case styles and packaging.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #58
Banned

Mar 2008
Bayonne, New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to xAyoFoolx Send a message via MSN to xAyoFoolx Send a message via Yahoo to xAyoFoolx

I keep em on
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #59
Expert Member

Jan 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via AIM to FilmmakingFiasco

I just finished carefully removing all the stickers off The Mummy that I picked up the other day. And yes, when I was at the store, I shuffled through several copies until I found a perfect one.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #60

Jul 2008
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to PCiAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arush5268d View Post
I'm the same way. I can't stand the non-uniform look that my DVD collection from all the different case styles and packaging.
+1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat