Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
2 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
2 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
2 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
14 hrs ago
The Web (Blu-ray)
$16.59
14 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Working Girls (Blu-ray)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Shenandoah (Blu-ray)
$16.59
1 hr ago
Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
21 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 12-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default Tell Us About Something Good That Happened To You This Year

As the holiday season arrives, it's easy to look back and see the negatives of this year. Let's try not to do that. Let's look for something good that we can take with us into 2021. I'll start and I look forward to reading everybody else's responses.

I can think of a few things. I discovered diamond paintings. I find them very relaxing and fun to do. I bought a lot of them and they ought to keep me busy for a while.

I also re-discovered jigsaw puzzles. We have at least a couple hundred of them and many of them have never been assembled. I've put together quite a few this year and there's a lot more to come.

As a guitar player (not a very good one though) when we were looking for things to occupy our time, I thought of rig rundowns on YouTube. We learned a lot about guitars and amplifiers and effects pedals. You know that big wall of amplifiers you see at an AC/DC concert?? They're all turned on and being used by Angus. Crazy isn't it?

Finally, wishing everybody a happy and healthy holiday season. It's going to be different for sure but make it the best you can. Now....what good stuff happened to other members this year??
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (12-19-2020), DanTheMan (12-18-2020), imsounoriginal (12-21-2020), oildude (12-18-2020), Scarriere (12-18-2020), teddyballgame (12-19-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

Good thread HH!

I got a raise earlier this year. It wasn't a big one, it's the most they'll pay for my position. But the recognition is what I like the most. It's like "Here Fella, we love your work so we're giving you top dollar."

There's been a few more good things this year and I'll write more as I recall them.

Have a great Holiday Season Hitman Horton!
Old 12-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Good thread HH!

I got a raise earlier this year. It wasn't a big one, it's the most they'll pay for my position. But the recognition is what I like the most. It's like "Here Fella, we love your work so we're giving you top dollar."

There's been a few more good things this year and I'll write more as I recall them.

Have a great Holiday Season Hitman Horton!
Same to you Scarriere. Congratulations on the raise. A little recognition goes a long way. Looking forward to hearing more of your good things.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (12-19-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Not A Single, Solitary Thing.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Not A Single, Solitary Thing.
That's exactly the type of thing I DON'T want in this thread. If you can't post something positive, please don't post. I started this thread to try and foster happy thoughts.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Okay...lack of new movies allowed me to see some classics on the big screen for the first time, like The Spy Who Loved Me, Poltergeist and Pulp Fiction.
Thanks given by:
JMS1223 (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #7
Blu-ray King

Dec 2010

- My salary increased by a little due to the pandemic.
- I’m fortunate enough to have remained healthy, as did my immediate family.
- The time away from theaters introduced me to so many incredible films of the past, some even on the big screen as comeback films.
- We avoided any serious hurricane threats, which is big considering this year.
- Got myself a new soundbar/subwoofer set-up for my bedroom.
- Paid off my credit cards in full just before the holiday season.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

My stimulus check from the gummymint finally allowed me to upgrade to a 65'' UHD TV.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
- My salary increased by a little due to the pandemic.
- I’m fortunate enough to have remained healthy, as did my immediate family.
- The time away from theaters introduced me to so many incredible films of the past, some even on the big screen as comeback films.
- We avoided any serious hurricane threats, which is big considering this year.
- Got myself a new soundbar/subwoofer set-up for my bedroom.
- Paid off my credit cards in full just before the holiday season.
Great to hear that you and your family are healthy. My family and I have stayed healthy also. My wife and I have also seen a temporary wage increase this year. We work in group homes supporting people with disabilities. Congratulations on your other accomplishments as well. Happy Holidays to you DanTheMan.
Thanks given by:
DanTheMan (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
My stimulus check from the gummymint finally allowed me to upgrade to a 65'' UHD TV.
We're still living with good old 1080p. Probably won't make the upgrade but congratulations and thank you for coming back with something positive. Happy Holidays to you Monterey Jack.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (12-19-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I was furloughed from my job in March, then let go in November. I guess it is a good thing that I found a new job fairly quickly and I am making more than I did at my last job. Not sure if I am going to like this job yet, but I am determined to. Also, I know this may sound strange, but I have more money saved up now than I did when I was working!

The previous company I worked for was an ESOP and they were pretty close to going out of business. The company was sold, which raised the value of our stock to almost double what it was last year, so I got a pretty good payout from that, nearly $200 thousand.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
I was furloughed from my job in March, then let go in November. I guess it is a good thing that I found a new job fairly quickly and I am making more than I did at my last job. Not sure if I am going to like this job yet, but I am determined to. Also, I know this may sound strange, but I have more money saved up now than I did when I was working!

The previous company I worked for was an ESOP and they were pretty close to going out of business. The company was sold, which raised the value of our stock to almost double what it was last year, so I got a pretty good payout from that, nearly $200 thousand.
I think it was Sheryl Crow that said, "A change could do you good." Or something like that. I hope the new job works out for you. I had to Google ESOP to find out what it was but it sounds like this worked out very well in your favour. That's great. Thank you for contributing and Happy Holidays Atomik Kinder.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #13
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Tell Us About Something Good That Happened To You This Year
#1 And far most importantly,
my wife received the COVID-19 vaccine this week of which I’m over the moon , since on average 2 people are dying now from COVID-19 every hour in LA county.

I learned to cook….a little, abeit not without pitfalls - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post18215395

My good friend owns a bike shop and sales are up

I saved money today by choosing a racoon-less Christmas tree as the local critter with its bushy ringed tail at the tree farm wanted SAG pay grade plus hazard pay as he thought corona virus might be floating about in the air back in our living room and he refused to negotiate.

Last edited by Penton-Man; 12-19-2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: described the tail
Old 12-19-2020, 03:03 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
#1 And far most importantly,
my wife received the COVID-19 vaccine this week of which I’m over the moon , since on average 2 people are dying now from COVID-19 every hour in LA county.

I learned to cook….a little, abeit not without pitfalls - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...e#post18215395

My good friend owns a bike shop and sales are up
Why Covid-19 Caused A Bike Boom - YouTube

I saved money today by choosing a racoon-less Christmas tree as the local critter with its bushy ringed tail at the tree farm wanted SAG pay grade plus hazard pay as he thought corona virus might be floating about in the air back in our living room and he refused to negotiate.
I'm happy to report that a vaccine clinic will be opening here very soon. No idea how many we will get but at least It's starting. Very happy for you. Cooking is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. The internet is full of great recipes. We actually don't have a tree up this year. We have two young cats that we fear would end up in it. Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays Penton-Man.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
United Kingdom

Got my SIA Security license

Discovered whole food plant based eating which has improved my health AND saved money
Old 12-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

Just over a year ago, November '19, I moved from my Hometown to Edmonton to be closer to my Daughter, GranBrats and Sisters.
I've been very happy to be closer to my Loved Ones.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1989 View Post
Got my SIA Security license

Discovered whole food plant based eating which has improved my health AND saved money
Congratulations on both achievements. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in the summer and just by not eating junk and eating fewer carbohydrates I've not only kept it under control but been taken off of my medication to help control it...and lost a fair amount of weight too. Glad you're getting healthier. Happy Holidays Michael1989.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (12-20-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Just over a year ago, November '19, I moved from my Hometown to Edmonton to be closer to my Daughter, GranBrats and Sisters.
I've been very happy to be closer to my Loved Ones.
That's awesome. There's some days that our families drive us nuts but, in the end, they are important to us. Knowing that we won't be celebrating with my family this year to stay safe and healthy definitely stings a little but we'll make up for it next year. Thanks for coming back and sharing again Scarriere.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (12-20-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #19
Power Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

Rediscovered a fandom that effectively 100% vanished (due to lack of access) 15 years ago. Lovely.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #20
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
I'm happy to report that a vaccine clinic will be opening here very soon. No idea how many we will get but at least It's starting. Very happy for you. Cooking is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. The internet is full of great recipes. We actually don't have a tree up this year. We have two young cats that we fear would end up in it. Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays Penton-Man.
Glad to contribute . I also thought of one more thing. This year has brought me happiness in that on average on the unblocked line that we have, has experienced significantly less telemarketer phone calls as compared to previous years.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat