Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
13 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.55
1 day ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.39
51 min ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 12-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
Off-World Colonies

I watched La Roux perform live on my 26th birthday.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:43 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooldud View Post
Rediscovered a fandom that effectively 100% vanished (due to lack of access) 15 years ago. Lovely.
Nice. I'm guessing the internet may have had something to do with it. There is a lot of good stuff out there. Happy Holidays thecooldud.
Thanks given by:
thecooldud (12-20-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 11:48 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
Glad to contribute . I also thought of one more thing. This year has brought me happiness in that on average on the unblocked line that we have, has experienced significantly less telemarketer phone calls as compared to previous years.
Telemarketers can be fun. I stop carpet cleaners right away and ask if they can clean up blood but offer no explanation. Either that or puddles of urine. They mention a dog and I say that It's my incontinent wife. They usually hang Up.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:51 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I watched La Roux perform live on my 26th birthday.
Nice. I saw Trans-siberian Orchestra on my birthday one year and made a sign that said Best Birthday Ever. The entire band signed it and I still have it. Hope you had an awesome time. Happy Holidays dallywhitty.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:51 AM   #25
Power Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Nice. I'm guessing the internet may have had something to do with it. There is a lot of good stuff out there. Happy Holidays thecooldud.
It did indeed. Happy holidays to you too!
Old 12-20-2020, 03:42 AM   #26
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

I have been closer to my family more than ever; in heart and spirit.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:38 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
I have been closer to my family more than ever; in heart and spirit.
We may not always get along but there is a special bond we have with our families. That's great. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays LordoftheRings.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:53 AM   #28
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Central California

I had an epiphany. I finally came to my senses and realized I needed to live life my way and stop worrying about what others think of it. I traded the dating life for the single life, quit my soul-draining job at a warehouse, enrolled in online school for my Bachelor's Degree, and re-ignited my passion for film and television. It's been a rough year, and after all the losses and heartaches I've suffered personally, it's time to fully focus on what matters: me.

Last edited by JackSkellington; 12-20-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
Dustin44 (12-28-2020), thecooldud (12-20-2020), TheSpruceMoose (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #29
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
We may not always get along but there is a special bond we have with our families. That's great. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays LordoftheRings.
Safe and enjoyable Holidays to you as well. ...In all kindness and calmness. ☃️
Old 12-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSkellington View Post
I had an epiphany. I finally came to my senses and realized I needed to live life my way and stop worrying about what others think of it. I traded the dating life for the single life, quit my soul-draining job at a warehouse, enrolled in online school for my Bachelor's Degree, and re-ignited my passion for film and television. It's been a rough year, and after all the losses and heartaches I've suffered personally, it's time to fully focus on what matters: me.
I had that epiphany when I was in high school. I had help. Give this song a listen. Twisted Sister - I Am (I'm Me). It changed my life. I made a promise to myself that if I ever met Dee Snider, the songwriter, I'd thank him. I actually got to do that a few years ago. That is quite a story. I'm very happy for you. I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you feel. Happy Holidays JackSkellington.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #31
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Central California

Quote:
I had that epiphany when I was in high school. I had help. Give this song a listen. Twisted Sister - I Am (I'm Me). It changed my life. I made a promise to myself that if I ever met Dee Snider, the songwriter, I'd thank him. I actually got to do that a few years ago. That is quite a story. I'm very happy for you. I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you feel. Happy Holidays JackSkellington.
Thanks. I'll definitely give that song a listen soon. I appreciate the recommendation.

Happy Holidays to you, too, HH.

Last edited by JackSkellington; 12-20-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Congratulations on both achievements. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in the summer and just by not eating junk and eating fewer carbohydrates I've not only kept it under control but been taken off of my medication to help control it...and lost a fair amount of weight too. Glad you're getting healthier. Happy Holidays Michael1989.
If only more people were aware of how much of an impact food choices have on our health
Old 12-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Germany

I was diagnosed with colon cancer in September. I spent six weeks at the hospital, had two surgeries and two colonoscopies. Then I was told I had a severe case of colitis (no cancer). Apparently both have the same symptons.

I'm now on sick leave for three months, and I have at least one more surgery in March or April and should be fine after that.

Being told first that you have cancer is, well, difficult to digest and makes you think. When they said it is "only" colitis it was a relief, of course, but I'm still kind of reeling and thinking.

The most annoying thing about this was that I had to re-learn how to walk because I spent most of the six weeks in bed. My walking has improved, my sleeping not. I'm awake at odd hours and I never sleep more than three hours.

I lost lots of weight prior to surgery, now I must eat plenty on doctors orders. I'm gaining and I'm happy for that.
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (12-21-2020), Dubstar (12-21-2020), ronboster (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1989 View Post
If only more people were aware of how much of an impact food choices have on our health
Really the only thing I've done is started eating better. Bread is whole grain and not white. Less processed stuff and cooking a lot more at home. Eating out is so bad just because they all load EVERYTHING up with salt and sugars.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
California

Quote:
Eating out is so bad just because they all load EVERYTHING up with salt and sugars.
Definitely depends where you're eating. Where I live, it's pretty pretentious...so many options are healthy...greens and more greens. Farm to table stuff.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dame View Post
I was diagnosed with colon cancer in September. I spent six weeks at the hospital, had two surgeries and two colonoscopies. Then I was told I had a severe case of colitis (no cancer). Apparently both have the same symptons.

I'm now on sick leave for three months, and I have at least one more surgery in March or April and should be fine after that.

Being told first that you have cancer is, well, difficult to digest and makes you think. When they said it is "only" colitis it was a relief, of course, but I'm still kind of reeling and thinking.

The most annoying thing about this was that I had to re-learn how to walk because I spent most of the six weeks in bed. My walking has improved, my sleeping not. I'm awake at odd hours and I never sleep more than three hours.

I lost lots of weight prior to surgery, now I must eat plenty on doctors orders. I'm gaining and I'm happy for that.
I'm guessing that once you get your body weight back up, things will improve even faster. I work awake nights, so I know all about having difficulty sleeping. It happens to me once in a while. One easy idea is to turn a fan on just for the noise. It gives you something to concentrate on to help you fall asleep and maybe fall back to sleep when you wake up. With what you've been through, your mind is possibly still reeling from everything. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays Leslie Dame.
Thanks given by:
Leslie Dame (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Germany

Quote:
I'm guessing that once you get your body weight back up, things will improve even faster. I work awake nights, so I know all about having difficulty sleeping. It happens to me once in a while. One easy idea is to turn a fan on just for the noise. It gives you something to concentrate on to help you fall asleep and maybe fall back to sleep when you wake up. With what you've been through, your mind is possibly still reeling from everything. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays Leslie Dame.
I've been a white noise person for years. I do have a fan that I use for the noise only. I discovered ambient rain sounds on youtube while I was at the hospital. It helps a bit when I listen to it with headphones.

I do work shifts so I always had more or less problems with sleeping.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you as well
Old 12-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #38

Jun 2019

Worked with a new co-worker this year who helped to break my icy interior, so to speak. Whenever she'd be around she made all troubles and worries wash away. Seems hard to believe sometimes, but there are people out there so filled with joyous life that it becomes almost contagious when around them.

People... people were the best thing for me this year. Even if a majority of others have lost their minds, I'd journey through difficult times if it meant I could find somebody who made it worthwhile.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:26 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpruceMoose View Post
Worked with a new co-worker this year who helped to break my icy interior, so to speak. Whenever she'd be around she made all troubles and worries wash away. Seems hard to believe sometimes, but there are people out there so filled with joyous life that it becomes almost contagious when around them.

People... people were the best thing for me this year. Even if a majority of others have lost their minds, I'd journey through difficult times if it meant I could find somebody who made it worthwhile.
That's awesome. It's funny how there are some people that we meet and there's just an immediate connection of some sort. You feel comfortable around them and they make it easy to be yourself. Have you told her this?? I'm sure that she'd love to hear it and the holidays would be a great time to do it. No pressure. Just a thought I had. Anyway, thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays TheSpruceMoose.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #40
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

this year for me has been super rough, losing my partner (of the last past 28 years) to cancer in July has been devastating - but being with my Mom and my sister (and her family) for Thanksgiving/my birthday/Christmas/New Years has been really relaxing and much needed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat