Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
9 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
6 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
4 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Freaky (Blu-ray)
$14.96
49 min ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.50
49 min ago
Tremors 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49
1 hr ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$31.99
9 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-19-2021, 01:04 AM   #1

May 2020
Default Any What's My Line Fans?

I was just wondering if there are any fans of the classic panel game show, What's My Line? If so, I thought we could play a little game of it ourselves! I don't really know if this is going to work, if not, let this thread just be a general discussion about the show. I thought that we could maybe have someone think of an occupation (fair of course) or of a celebrity and the "panel" of thread members have to try and guess it in the same manner of the show - with yes or no questions. Just a thought.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:21 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

Many of us were not alive when this show was on. And as far as I know, they don’t show reruns on TV.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutMatt View Post
I was just wondering if there are any fans of the classic panel game show, What's My Line?
I'm assuming you'll be referring to the US version. Here in the UK, the BBC broadcast their version of What's My Line (based on the US show) during the 1950's - just for the record, no I'm not old enough to remember it.

It was revived in the 1980's for a few years with the same host who presented the original shows. However he only lasted a couple of years or so before he died, and then someone else took over for the remaining period. I do recall watching a few of these revived episodes and some of them were quite funny, but I can't say I was a regular viewer to be honest.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
Many of us were not alive when this show was on. And as far as I know, they don’t show reruns on TV.
I was very much not alive during it's original broadcast either. In fact I'm 50+ years younger than the show. I was just wondering if anyone else on here had been watching them on youtube or elsewhere like I have been recently.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:05 PM   #5

Feb 2008

Quote:
I was very much not alive during it's original broadcast either. In fact I'm 50+ years younger than the show. I was just wondering if anyone else on here had been watching them on youtube or elsewhere like I have been recently.
It's shown on the Buzzr network which we get via our antenna, however I believe that a lot of cable providers have the channel in their line-ups too. There's an episode on most nights of the week.

It looks like Amazon Prime has 40 episode you can stream too.
Thanks given by:
MrHT (01-19-2021), oildude (01-20-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 01:53 AM   #6
Power Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Yes, I've caught a few of the episodes on YouTube. It's a pretty fun classic game show and I really like the celebrity guest part.
I like your idea of playing the game here but might be tough to get everyone coordinated.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:10 AM   #7

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by october27 View Post
I like your idea of playing the game here but might be tough to get everyone coordinated.
I'm starting to realize that
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat