Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Noir Archive - Volume 1: 1944-1954 (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Khrustalyov, My Car! (Blu-ray)
$33.03
15 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Blu-ray)
$20.99
16 hrs ago
The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ex Machina 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.00
6 hrs ago
Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Smallfoot (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 12-31-2018, 04:59 PM   #7001
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Ohh That wall paper. Very nice set up
damn if you didn't dig deep for that post! I haven't lived there for almost 10yrs!

at some point I will update my HT with my current setup.

thanks for the comment on what was.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #7002
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
How's it going Uncle SD? Any big plans this evening? Me might have a quite evening (no fireworks) due to the predicted rain for this evening.
howdy Uncle Al, hope you and Mrs. Al are doing well. I'm not doing anything tonight, I'm on-call this week so, that's a big do nothing week for me. hopefully, I won't have to send maintenance staff out too much this week!

things are good at the SD stronghold! that Xbox One S I got last month is great and playing the new Tomb Raider game in 4K/HDR/ATMOS is amazing.

as usual I'm in the gym a lot. will be starting off the new year right, in the gym 1-1-19 in the morning, hey, you know me!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:55 PM   #7003
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
howdy Uncle Al, hope you and Mrs. Al are doing well. I'm not doing anything tonight, I'm on-call this week so, that's a big do nothing week for me. hopefully, I won't have to send maintenance staff out too much this week!

things are good at the SD stronghold! that Xbox One S I got last month is great and playing the new Tomb Raider game in 4K/HDR/ATMOS is amazing.

as usual I'm in the gym a lot. will be starting off the new year right, in the gym 1-1-19 in the morning, hey, you know me!
We are doing fine. However, we were having issues with one of our furnaces and after consulting with our HVAC contractor, I had to agree with him, to replace both of our 25 year old furnaces. With that said I'm going to have another boring year on my thread with no updates in store. I was able to score a new CC with zero interest for 18 months so that will help
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 07:22 PM   #7004
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Afternoon, gentlemen - Happy New Year... I get my overhead garage door replaced on Thursday, the old door was partially down and I backed into it a hellin' a few weeks back, so I'm $1200 poorer for the new year already... Already paying off another $1100 for my replacement Epson 5030 projector, so ugh.

The Next door neighbor couple and a friend of mine are coming over tonight for a small but very inebriated New Year's party, so at least I'll have some temporary mental respite tonight from the cost of the damage, lol...
Old 12-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #7005
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Afternoon, gentlemen - Happy New Year... I get my overhead garage door replaced on Thursday, the old door was partially down and I backed into it a hellin' a few weeks back, so I'm $1200 poorer for the new year already...

The Next door neighbor couple and a friend of mine are coming over tonight for a small but very inebriated New Year's party, so at least I'll have some temporary mental respite tonight from the cost of the damage, lol...
try not to "back into anything" while enjoying said libations on the road to inebriation tonight so that you don't go from garage door to back door getting banged up.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:27 PM   #7006
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Afternoon, gentlemen - Happy New Year... I get my overhead garage door replaced on Thursday, the old door was partially down and I backed into it a hellin' a few weeks back, so I'm $1200 poorer for the new year already... Already paying off another $1100 for my replacement Epson 5030 projector, so ugh.

Yeah I did the garage door thing two years ago. And your not alone. My wife also backed into ours. Bent the door but luckily didn't damage the car.
So Happy Good Year to you
Old 12-31-2018, 07:51 PM   #7007
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

yeah, surprisingly, my car only had a couple of very small paint chips in a 1/4" grouping that just need a drop of touch-up paint on them - no dent at all, thankfully. My homeowner's insurance has a $1000 deductible, so that was of no help in the door replacement costs.

About the only thing I'll have to worry about tonight is falling down the stairs when going up to bed, lol...
Old 12-31-2018, 08:33 PM   #7008
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #7009
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
try not to "back into anything" while enjoying said libations on the road to inebriation tonight so that you don't go from garage door to back door getting banged up.
Just as long as he doesn't start dreaming of floral wallpaper he'll be just fine.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #7010
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Just as long as he doesn't start dreaming of floral wallpaper he'll be just fine.
still waters running deep, huh Double F.?!?
Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #7011

Jul 2011

Thank You so much for the Very Warm Welcome on Travis' Thread.

You are correct,I joined many years ago.However I have just become active on the forum.
I got bit by the HT bug just a couple of months ago. I have completely changed all the pieces of my home theater(except my Polk surrounds).I am just thrilled to find a place where people share the same interests.

I will have everything calibrated and set up by next weekend(and I cant wait).
Old 01-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #7012

Jul 2011

Good Monday Morning Solarrdadd,my Friend.
I hope you enjoyed a great weekend.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:28 PM   #7013

Jul 2011

Hey Solarrdadd,I hope you are enjoying a great Tuesday.

I wanted you to know I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a small-ish subwoofer. It's an 8 inch by Elac. I figure it will make a good place holder until I can get a much nicer sub(though I am wondering if adding a 2nd 8in Elac)would also be a step in the right direction.

Thanks again for the help my friend.
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #7014
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Elac makes good cost effective speakers and subs. I have a friend who has a couple of their speakers and he loves them. I don't remember if he has their sub or not. they have been given good reviews.

depending on the cost of the one 8" sub (do they make a 10" and how much more was it over the 8"?) and how effective it is in the low frequency delivery to your room from the sources, if you think you need more and can place one say in the opposite side and end of the room from the other, that would potentially round out the room nicely to all seating locations for the low end.

of course, if it's not a big room that you will have a couple of rows of seats in, it might not be needed. start off with the one and see how it "hits you" pun intended!

keep us posted.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #7015

Jul 2011

Quote:
Elac makes good cost effective speakers and subs. I have a friend who has a couple of their speakers and he loves them. I don't remember if he has their sub or not. they have been given good reviews.

depending on the cost of the one 8" sub (do they make a 10" and how much more was it over the 8"?) and how effective it is in the low frequency delivery to your room from the sources, if you think you need more and can place one say in the opposite side and end of the room from the other, that would potentially round out the room nicely to all seating locations for the low end.

of course, if it's not a big room that you will have a couple of rows of seats in, it might not be needed. start off with the one and see how it "hits you" pun intended!

keep us posted.
Will do my friend.

If all goes according to plan, a friend is coming by with his SPL meter and video calibration disc this weekend. Once that is done I will finally(once again)be able to kick back and enjoy some movies.

I am really looking forward to seeing just what it's like watching an enjoying 4k movies at home.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #7016

Jul 2011

Good Morning Solarrdadd.

Hope your Wednesday is a great one.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #7017

Jul 2011

Solarrdadd,my friend,I have a question for you.

I do believe I will go ahead and purchase a second subwoofer for my home theater.
I just received the Elac Debut S8( 8 inch) and was thinking of adding a second S8 to the room.
Being that it's reproducing bass,should I stick with another S8. Or should I consider perhaps a 10 inch sub from another brand(Monoprice,etc).

Thanks again buddy.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #7018

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by refractor1 View Post
Solarrdadd,my friend,I have a question for you.

I do believe I will go ahead and purchase a second subwoofer for my home theater.
I just received the Elac Debut S8( 8 inch) and was thinking of adding a second S8 to the room.
Being that it's reproducing bass,should I stick with another S8. Or should I consider perhaps a 10 inch sub from another brand(Monoprice,etc).

Thanks again buddy.
Well I went ahead and did it.
I purchased a second Elac Debut S8 powered sub.(I also ordered a pair of Energy CB-20 speakers to use as my main surrounds)

So I apologize for hitting you up with the question about the sub.As I didn't wait to get an answer.
Amazon had it for a few dollars off and I couldn't resist.

So looks as if I will be positioning two seperate subwoofers in my 11 x 11 room this weekend.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #7019
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

so, people don't know how to backup or utilize their backup cameras, is that correct?

[Show spoiler]
Old 01-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #7020

Jul 2011

Here's wishing you a wonderful Tuesday my friend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries