Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£32.67

The Favourite (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.78

Downsizing (Blu-ray)
£3.99

Escape from New York (Blu-ray)
£10.00

Bergman: A Year in a Life (Blu-ray)
£23.20

Johnny English Strikes Again 4K (Blu-ray)
£21.60

Fortitude: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Predator 1-4 (Blu-ray)
£22.43

Sister Street Fighter Collection (Blu-ray)
£23.65

The Ring Collection (Blu-ray)
£45.33

Jason Bourne 4K (Blu-ray)
£9.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #541

Feb 2017
Middlesborough, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.H View Post
You do get the extra bodysnatchers content though.
Exactly, amazing how fast the argument has gone from "We're not getting everything ported, this is a disgrace" to "They're porting everything the same way, this is just lazy".
Thanks given by:
bradenklune (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #542

Dec 2018
Norwich, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1985 View Post
Exactly, amazing how fast the argument has gone from "We're not getting everything ported, this is a disgrace" to "They're porting everything the same way, this is just lazy".
Some people will complain no matter what the studio does.
Thanks given by:
HippieDalek (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #543
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

And all for the outrageous day 1 price of 25-35% of what the DVD sets cost a couple years ago. How dare they. They're just out to reap every unearned dollar from those who deserve more.

Last edited by hariseldon; 01-11-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #544

May 2013
Wales

My set arrived today too, won't get a chance to check it out until later.

Yeah I was thinking earlier, considering the DVD releases were, what?... 15? When they first came out and probably came to over 100 in total, for 35... I can't see much to complain about.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #545
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.H View Post
You do get the extra bodysnatchers content though.
Already have the Bodysnatcher collection so at this point I only want the episodes so don't see much point buying the set.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #546

May 2013
Wales

Hmm... just giving Backwards a quick watch...

Can't say I'm seeing a benefit to the Blu-Ray I'm afraid. It's been a while since I watched the DVD but it looks almost identical from what I remember.

Of course maybe I was expecting a little too much, compared side by side there probably is more clarity etc. But it definitely doesn't look a million miles better than what were used to.

Last edited by N2K7; 01-11-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 PM   #547

Dec 2018
Norwich, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2K7 View Post
Hmm... just giving Backwards a quick watch...

Can't say I'm seeing a benefit to the Blu-Ray I'm afraid. It's been a while since I watched the DVD but it looks almost identical from what I remember.

Of course maybe I was expecting a little too much, compared side by side there probably is more clarity etc. But it definitely doesn't look a million miles better than what were used to.
If you've got the DVD you should give that a watch as well to compare.
I've never had much issue with the DVD quality, sure it's not perfect but it's an old program which was recorded on tape.

My order for this hasn't been dispatched yet and I'm half debating whether to cancel or not. I've never watched the special features on the DVD's and the boxset price will likely drop in time as well. Also if there's a just the shows blu-ray set it will likely take up less shelf space.

Last edited by Matthew.H; 01-11-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #548
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1985 View Post
We're still not getting everything ported, unless the easter eggs are hidden on the episode BDs. Honestly, if you've never used those menus before you have no idea how frustrating it can be to find what you want.

Personally, at least they are there, it's just the spin the PR shovelled onto this that annoyed me, making it out like they've done something special by doing this when it's actually the cheapest option to present the extras outside of dropping them altogether.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #549
Special Member

Sep 2011
UK

I had a quick flick though and feel the video quality has moved from terrible to bad on the first two series. What I saw from series 8 was quite an improvement though so I do think it's good value for money.
I can't really see a "just the shows" boxset being a lot cheaper than this, I don't know how they could make any money on each series for a fiver.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #550

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by figrin_dan View Post
I had a quick flick though and feel the video quality has moved from terrible to bad on the first two series. What I saw from series 8 was quite an improvement though so I do think it's good value for money.
Was watching Series 3 on Netflix earlier and it looked absolutely dreadful. Can't really elaborate on my verdict, but how would you describe the picture quality of Series 3?
Old 01-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #551
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by figrin_dan View Post
I can't really see a "just the shows" boxset being a lot cheaper than this, I don't know how they could make any money on each series for a fiver.
Am I correct in saying that they couldn't go back to source for the first two series? But the rest they could so in theory should look better?

Was actually going to skip rewatching VIII. Can't put myself through that again.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #552
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpedon2 View Post
Was watching Series 3 on Netflix earlier and it looked absolutely dreadful. Can't really elaborate on my verdict, but how would you describe the picture quality of Series 3?
It always was
Old 01-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #553

May 2013
Wales

Mmm yeah, giving series 6 a watch now and it does look better. I think series 3 overall just looks poor on any format.

EDIT:

Someone over at G&T (a RD fan site) just said that the Bodysnatcher disc includes the animated Easter eggs that were originally on the disc 1 DVDs. So is there anything actually missing extra wise?

Last edited by N2K7; 01-11-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #554

Nov 2016
Time, And Relative Dimensions In Space
Question

I live in the U.S. and was wondering if anyone knows if these discs will play on my Blu-Ray?

I don't own an All-Region player.

Though from what I've read - these discs should play anyway.

Over the past couple years I've ordered items that were UK Region, because I'd heard they would actually play on my Samsung player, and they did!

So far so good.

I've been a fan of Red Dwarf for many years now, and wanted to order this set, as right now this is even cheaper than the prices I saw for the DVD set!

So if it plays - Why not buy the Blu-Ray instead?

Anyway, if anyone can offer any info on whether this will play on US players - I'd appreciate it. I know it might be too soon to ask, but I can wait, I'd rather wait, and get the proper answer, than buy it, and be disappointed.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #555

Apr 2014
uk

^^^ plays fine on my multi region player when set to region A.
Thanks given by:
The 4th Doctor (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #556
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Have any of the extended versions of some episodes been put on this set, or are they just the standard 20+ minute runtime versions?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #557

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2K7 View Post
Mmm yeah, giving series 6 a watch now and it does look better. I think series 3 overall just looks poor on any format.

EDIT:

Someone over at G&T (a RD fan site) just said that the Bodysnatcher disc includes the animated Easter eggs that were originally on the disc 1 DVDs. So is there anything actually missing extra wise?
Somebody else says its a bluray and has the extras from disc 1s (all the stuff I listed as missing), and has the audio commentaries from the remastered episodes as audio files with a picture background.

Reviews sound somewhat hit and miss so far. Some say its betters in parts, the same in others, worse in some and even some reports of flickering in places on effects and titles.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:50 PM   #558

Apr 2014
uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
Have any of the extended versions of some episodes been put on this set, or are they just the standard 20+ minute runtime versions?
disc info from the booklet, click to enlarge

Thanks given by:
Billz (01-11-2019), Crispy Noodle (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #559
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
disc info from the booklet, click to enlarge

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #560

Nov 2016
Time, And Relative Dimensions In Space
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
^^^ plays fine on my multi region player when set to region A.

Thank You for that info - Much appreciated.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland