Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$55.29

2019 CFP National Championship (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Armored Trooper Votoms: TV Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.19

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.17
13 hrs ago
The Magic Flute (Blu-ray)
$27.37

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$30.84

The Last Ship: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$28.26

The Blue Planet Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Flash: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

House of Cards: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.04

The Brokenwood Mysteries: Series 5 (Blu-ray)
$39.66

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #341
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
If he did get the job, who will be the Nine-Nine's Captain?
Terry?
Old 05-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #342
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Terry?
He's still a sergeant and not even a Lieutenant (which he tested for).

Also how would they keep Andre Braugher in the mix if he's not there anymore? It's Brooklyn Nine-Nine, not Manhattan NYPD HQ.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:40 AM   #343
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
It's hard to tell who was happier to be in the room at Brooklyn Nine-Nine's very first San Diego Comic-Con panel: the cast or the packed-full Indigo Ballroom, who stood and cheered for each actor who walked on stage.

Between "title of your sex tape" jokes and endorsement of WhatsApp (the group text about the cancellation — and quick pickup — were both on the service), Andy Samberg, Melissa Fumero, Terry Crews, Stephanie Beatriz, Joe Lo Truglio, Chelsea Peretti, Dirk Blocker and Joel McKinnon Miller, showrunner Dan Goor and executive producer Luke Del Tredici discussed the show's resurrection and how much they truly like each other.

But while the moderated discussion leaned toward the lighthearted, in a true upheaval of Comic-Con convention, the Q-and-A portion began with a query about Fox News and then touched on bisexual representation, Latinx representation and mental health representation on the show — leaving cast members (and the questioners) in tears.

"All I know is there are different factions of Fox," Samberg said of being on such an inclusive show at a corporation that also housed Fox News. "Fox, the people we dealt with there, I truly believe really loved and supported the show. I don't know what they would say publicly about the Fox News wing of Fox."

Joked Peretti, "Fox News is so good, that's the hardest part about leaving."

Of Rosa's coming-out storyline, which Beatriz weighed in on heavily because it was in part modeled after her own coming out as bisexual, she said, "Dan is a person who believes in equality and inclusivity, and that shows in his writers' room. … He wanted a bisexual person's voice to be heard in that storyline, and it just so happened that the person who's playing the character they wanted to turn bi is also bi. It was a gift, and I think we did it in an amazing way."

She also noted that the show takes place in an idealized world where "everyone's a feminist, everyone's into equality, everyone loves their LGBTQIA family members, cops are good in this world," said Beatriz.

When a fan asked about Brooklyn's representation of different mental health issues, Samberg said that the writers want to make sure they treat the storylines with respect.

"Anytime we tackle something that is tricky like that … it has to be the right story so we are walking the line correctly and it doesn't come across as us making a joke about it and giving it proper respect," he said. "That's why episodes like Rosa deciding to come out or the episode 'Moo Moo' where Terry is racially profiled in his own neighborhood, those episodes take a lot longer because if you **** it up it's bad."

While the sixth season won't premiere until midseason, Goor said it's well underway.

"The writers' room is up and we are five weeks into our preproduction," he said. "We've got a bunch of scripts; we've got a bunch of stories; it's going to be good." Episodes will focus on Jake (Samberg) and Amy's (Fumero) life as newlyweds, and Goor said there will also be an episode about Hitchcock and Scully. "We might see them in their past at some point," he teased.

Fox axed the fan-favorite comedy in May, sparking a loud fan outcry. But just one day later, NBC picked up the Universal TV series. While the studio fielded calls from Hulu, Netflix and TBS, the series ultimately went to NBC for an abbreviated 13-episode season. SVOD rights remain at Hulu.

“Ever since we sold this show to Fox I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement announcing the late-breaking news. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest and best-cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy lineup. I speak for everyone at NBC, here’s to the Nine-Nine!”

Goor told The Hollywood Reporter that even his cast was surprised at the rescue by NBC, which happened 30 hours after the cancellation call.

"Most of the cast had no idea and didn't know that there were things being talked about. They felt the lows and the highs even more because they didn't know there was a chance. The world's reaction [to the news] was amazing," he said. "It was obviously hard to hear that the show was being canceled by Fox and then the outpouring of support was so heartening. Somebody said it's like in Tom Sawyer when he goes to his own funeral. You don't usually get to experience that and it was an amazing experience."
Source - THR.com
Old 08-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #344
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Brooklyn Nine-Nine took a victory lap at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour Wednesday as showrunner Dan Goor and the cast celebrated its move to NBC after Fox's cancellation.

While the crux of the 30-minute session focused on how different the Universal Television-produced comedy will be on its new network (the answer: not at all), star Terry Crews was asked about his recent experience after he came forward as a victim of sexual assault.

The actor, who recently testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee about proposed legislation known as the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights, called the experience his "summer of freedom.

"I call it the summer of freedom in that we can now tell our truth. These are lessons I learned while I was doing this show," Crews said, pointing to the Fox-turned-NBC comedy's timely episodes including "Moo Moo" and Rosa's (Stephanie Beatriz) coming out as bisexual. "It's about freedom and being able to tell your story. One thing that influenced me was being here and feeling safe and having friends and family on this show that I felt secure enough that I could tell my truth and still go to work. And it made a difference. Each and every person is standing up here right now because it gave me strength to do that — along with all the women who came forward in the #MeToo movement where I got all my strength from."

Crews noted that he told the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cast about his experience as a sexual assault survivor the day before he went public with his story on Twitter. "Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the Motion Picture Department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period," Crews said in November. Crews filed a criminal complaint against Venit, but the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute, citing the statute of limitations.

This is just the beginning and I feel like this is going to be a new day and now the town will be safer for my wife, for my son and for my daughter," Crews said.

Showrunner Goor said he and the show's writing staff are talking about doing a #MeToo episode as the Andy Samberg-led ensemble comedy will continue to take on timely subjects. Goor noted that the key to taking on any sort of topical issue is making sure the storyline captures the tone of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

"They're hard to do," he said. "[They] still have to feel true to what the show is and still feel funny — but still give weight to the issue and explore it in a fair way."
While Rosa's coming out and interaction with her parents will continue to be explored, Goor stressed Brooklyn Nine-Nine would not tell a #MeToo story unless the writing staff can crack the right story. Samberg reiterated the difficulties connected with telling topical stories and called the "Moo Moo" episode a challenging experience.

" The 'Moo Moo' episode took a really long time to be written and to get everyone to [be like], 'Yes, this is how the show wants to do this,'" he said. "There's a ton of stuff that would be incredible to do but we're not going to do unless we have the right take that is doing it justice."

In terms of what to expect on NBC, Brooklyn Nine-Nine staples like the annual Halloween Heist will still be back. "So far it's more of the same — and better," Goor said with a laugh.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine will return midseason on NBC. A premiere date has not yet been determined.
Source - THR.com
Old 09-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #345
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
The previously announced sixth season will grow from 13 to 18 episodes, still its lowest order to date.
In a case of good news getting better, NBC is expanding its commitment to Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

The network announced Friday that it has added five more episodes to its initial order of 13, bringing the total for season six of the Fox-turned-NBC comedy to 18.

NBC acquired Brooklyn Nine-Nine in May after Fox's surprising decision to cancel the drama produced by Universal Television. The network will debut the comedy in midseason, with a specific return date yet to be determined.

While the increased order is great news, it still represents the show's lowest episode count ever. Seasons one, four and five each consisted of 22 episodes, while seasons two and three had 23 apiece.

Fox canceled Brooklyn — among several others — as the network changes course amid the pending $52.4 billion sale of assets including its studio to Disney. Following the sale, which is expected to gain regulatory approval, Fox will court a broad demographic with a roster of newly ordered procedurals and multicamera comedies while also itself reviving Last Man Standing a year after ABC's shocking cancellation.
Source - THR.com
Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #346
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

Great news about more episodes, but that article makes it sound like it being so low is a bad thing like it's still in jeopardy or something. It's a Universal property, but I'd still imagine moving networks and NBC having to integrate it into their own programming while putting full funding in it and promoting it themselves is probably is why it's premiering midseason. If it had been a new show they had been developing months earlier or if they had waited until next season, which wouldn't be a good idea, I'm sure it would have had a full season order and probably will next year when it doesn't have to be midseason.

Can we get the title changed to "Fox's mistake, now NBC's Brooklyn Nine-Nine?" :P

Last edited by kevin87; 09-07-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #347

Jan 2011
Michigan

Hey, I'll take it!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #348
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

More episodes is fine in my book...that means more Rosa and Santiago...I guess Santiago is now Peralta...
Old 10-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #349
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Chelsea "Gina" Peretti is leaving Brooklyn-Nine-Nine after this season.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #350
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Chelsea "Gina" Peretti is leaving Brooklyn-Nine-Nine after this season.
I like her, but I don't think it would change much. She was gone for most of last season anyway.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:33 AM   #351
Special Member

May 2008
Socal
-

Wtf, she was my fav on the show...
Old 10-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #352
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I like her, but I don't think it would change much. She was gone for most of last season anyway.
Same here. While I like her and it's always been nice to have to same cast since the very beginning, last season already kind of transitioned us to the show without her.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #353
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
The network is shifting unscripted series 'The Titan Games' to Thursdays in order to keep Wednesday's Chicago block intact.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine will make its NBC debut in January as part of a smaller Thursday comedy lineup on the network.

NBC is doing a good amount of shuffling of its Thursday schedule, scaling back its modestly rated comedy block to one hour and moving unscripted series The Titan Games from its previously announced Wednesday berth.

The Titan Games will have a two-hour premiere on Jan. 3, a day later than NBC originally announced. The Dwayne Johnson-hosted competition will then hold the 8 p.m. hour starting Jan. 10. The change lets NBC keep its three-hour Chicago block — which has been performing solidly through the fall — intact.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which NBC picked up in May after Fox canceled it, will have its sixth-season premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT Jan. 10. The Good Place moves to 9:30 that night for its final three episodes of the season.

After The Good Place wraps, Will & Grace will take over the 9:30 slot starting Jan. 31. Superstore will go on hiatus until March, when NBC re-expands the comedy block to two hours. New series Abby's and second-year show AP Bio will join the lineup then as well.

The fourth member of the current Thursday block, I Feel Bad, will end its run in December. NBC says it always intended to cap the rookie series at 13 episodes so it could make room for Abby's and AP Bio; a decision on its future will be made later. I Feel Bad is the lowest-rated of NBC's comedies, averaging a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.27 million viewers (0.8 and 2.95 million after three days).
Source - THR.com
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #354
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

NBC 2019 pulling a CW 2018 I guess lol
Old 01-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #355
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

9-9 not missing a beat, felt like the exact same show in the season 6 premiere.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #356
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Agreed and Amy looked so freakin' hot in that Holly Gennaro wig.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #357
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Had the highest ratings in 2 years. So glad it’s getting the recognition it deserves.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #358
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Had the highest ratings in 2 years. So glad itís getting the recognition it deserves.
Somewhere Fox executives are crying into their Friday beer
Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #359
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Quote:
Somewhere Fox executives are crying into their Friday beer
Fox cancelled way too many good shows and brought back Last Man Standing. Disney buying their entertainment assets is long waited karma.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #360
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
I mean, why would it? It was always produced by the same company, just now it's NBC giving direction not Fox. Fox is always considered the edgier of the big 4, but NBC is too really. I kind of feel like the stuff Boyle was saying and even saying the B C A stuff Jake assumed Amy meant, even though it's bleeped, probably wouldn't have happened on Fox.

Fox cancelled a lot of stuff for sports, right? And then brought Last Man Standing... Two things I won't ever watch lol If it wasn't for The Gifted and The Orville, and MAYBE 9-1-1 and The Passage, I wouldn't even watch Fox.
Thanks given by:
oilers73 (01-12-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows