Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Noir Archive - Volume 1: 1944-1954 (Blu-ray)
$36.68
 
Khrustalyov, My Car! (Blu-ray)
$33.03
8 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
 
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Blu-ray)
$20.99
9 hrs ago
Ralph Breaks the Internet (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Predator (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Sorry to Bother You (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Far from Heaven (Blu-ray)
$19.98
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


View Poll Results: Rate "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" After Seeing the Film
1 Goober 0 0%
2 Goobers 6 3.92%
3 Goobers 8 5.23%
4 Goobers 40 26.14%
5 Goobers 99 64.71%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #721
JustinB13 JustinB13 is online now
Power Member
 
JustinB13's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
Default

I made it through! I survived!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #722
Hawkguy Hawkguy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
May 2011
NJ
1106
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
Groot is that you? Super annoying which I guess is your point.
Itís not. Itís not nearly sassy enough or penis-filled.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (01-08-2019), Chaotic (01-08-2019), Creed (01-08-2019), Jennifer Lawrence Fan (01-08-2019), Optimus (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 01:51 AM   #723
Creed Creed is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Creed's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados
12
85
11
15
1
2
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:52 AM   #724
ArmyOfDarknessAW ArmyOfDarknessAW is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
ArmyOfDarknessAW's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Moosic, PA
21
1
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
It's not her. It's a spam bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Itís not. Itís not nearly sassy enough or penis-filled.
10-4. Iíve never noticed spam bots before. Just members with new accounts that spam like crazy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #725
ArrestedDevelopment ArrestedDevelopment is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ArrestedDevelopment's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
The O.C.
884
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommerswerd View Post
Like I said, the shot is in the film but they replaced Miles with Peter Parker. Also, there is no Prowler.

Go to the 1:25 mark in the video: https://youtu.be/CM-AiBItaVQ?t=85
Man even the opening logos are badass lol. LOVE THIS MOVIE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:36 AM   #726
ArrestedDevelopment ArrestedDevelopment is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ArrestedDevelopment's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
The O.C.
884
33
Default


This beat goes HARD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #727
Porco Azzurro Porco Azzurro is offline
Power Member
 
Porco Azzurro's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
UK
1811
Default

Just saw this. Had heard good things but wasn’t expecting that. Fantastic film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #728
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
1461
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorix38417 View Post
Into the Spider-Verse is like seeing the first Incredibles for the first time
Really forgettable and underwhelming? Hardly a glowing recommendation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #729
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
1257
4
42
316
Default

I saw this last night with my Daughter at AMC Dolby Cinema and we liked the movie very much.

however, the one thing that annoyed us both to no end was too much of things outside of the center of focus looked like watching a 3d movie with no 3d glasses on. it was forever taking me out of the movie and that was ashamed because we liked the movie.

I'm hoping this was just a Dolby Cinema issue and that it doesn't look like that everywhere because if that's how they made it, I probably won't buy it.

4/5 for the movie as a concept and entertainment and had great action and story.

1/5 because of the annoying visuals around too much of the screen most of the movie. drove me absolutely crazy as almost every scene I'm trying to enjoy, that "3d with no 3d glasses effect/issue" kept popping up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #730
Creed Creed is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Creed's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados
12
85
11
15
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
I saw this last night with my Daughter at AMC Dolby Cinema and we liked the movie very much.

however, the one thing that annoyed us both to no end was too much of things outside of the center of focus looked like watching a 3d movie with no 3d glasses on. it was forever taking me out of the movie and that was ashamed because we liked the movie.

I'm hoping this was just a Dolby Cinema issue and that it doesn't look like that everywhere because if that's how they made it, I probably won't buy it.

4/5 for the movie as a concept and entertainment and had great action and story.

1/5 because of the annoying visuals around too much of the screen most of the movie. drove me absolutely crazy as almost every scene I'm trying to enjoy, that "3d with no 3d glasses effect/issue" kept popping up.
Oh, that's always there in the film. An intentional, stylistic effect.

Imagine watching the film in Dolby 3D (which is how I saw the film, didn't fully bother me), where the ghosting is coloured, instead of the standard white/grey for Real D 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #731
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
1257
4
42
316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Oh, that's always there in the film. An intentional, stylistic effect.

Imagine watching the film in Dolby 3D (which is how I saw the film, didn't fully bother me), where the ghosting is coloured, instead of the standard white/grey for Real D 3D.
dude, that shit drove us crazy. that effect ruined a good movie for us because our eyes were drawn to it. and the ghosting was colored and out of focus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #732
Creed Creed is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Creed's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados
12
85
11
15
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
dude, that shit drove us crazy. that effect ruined a good movie for us because our eyes were drawn to it.
Sorry the effect ruined the film for you guys.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #733
Zillamon51 Zillamon51 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zillamon51's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
1257
376
10
Thumbs up

The problem I had with the animation was pretty much limited to the first trailer. The frame rate seemed off, making things jittery, like a half-assed imitation of stop-motion. It wasn't present in the later trailers, and the theatrical film itself was visually wonderful. I did notice that foregrounds / backgrounds were sometimes intentionally out-of-focus. It didn't bother me. I thought it was a nice touch, a live-action element used to focus and highlight things amidst animated craziness.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (01-08-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:22 AM   #734
pi2loc pi2loc is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
1563
1
359
Default

Girlfriend and I went to see it today. Wasn't sure about it, but DAMN was I blown away. Incredible film.

Best Spider-Man film ever. Highly doubt anything would ever surpass this movie in terms of the character. Exactly what Sony needed to do.

I'm having a hard time picking my best favorite animated film of 2018. Isle of Dogs was fantastic, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #735
ArrestedDevelopment ArrestedDevelopment is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ArrestedDevelopment's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
The O.C.
884
33
Default

Spider-Verse is the highest rated film overall in 2018 among Letterboxd users:

https://letterboxd.com/2018/#the-categories
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Chaotic (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #736
jayman3 jayman3 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jayman3's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Orlando, FL
Default

Yes, the intentional out of focus background effect making the animation looking like a 3D film viewed without the use of 3D glasses may and will be bothersome to others.

However, when I watched this in 3D, while that effect is still there, it personally didn't bother me or was noticeable enough as I was blown away by the incredible depth of 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 PM   #737
atomicreplicant atomicreplicant is offline
Senior Member
 
atomicreplicant's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
I wish this was in the movie



It stuck out to me the most when the trailer first came out.
I watched the movie again yesterday and that looks a lot like a clip from the first Peter Parker backstory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thought the final battle was a jumbled mess. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this stuff.
I was paying attention to the ending to see if it was confusing. I thought the final battle wasn't hard to follow except maybe in a purely physical sense, like where people are in relation to each other, what is up or down, where are trains coming from / going to. The idea is they're fighting in an intersection of dimensions so spacial orientation is going to be wonky. Story-wise I thought it flowed fine.

Last edited by atomicreplicant; 01-11-2019 at 10:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:41 AM   #738
Samus Aran Samus Aran is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Samus Aran's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
USA
11
1039
165
2
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Lol...."RIPeter"

[Show spoiler]
I had to leave during the end credits to use the restroom so I missed the actor billing but came back for the rest of it. Does that write-up mean unbilled? Because he's definitely in the end credits scroll.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #739
Scorpion Soldier Scorpion Soldier is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Scorpion Soldier's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Netherlands
18
786
42
32
89
1
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I had to leave during the end credits to use the restroom so I missed the actor billing but came back for the rest of it. Does that write-up mean unbilled? Because he's definitely in the end credits scroll.
Probably just misinformation on the writer's part or mixing it up with unbilled (unbilled is basically that someone's role isn't advertised at all, uncredited is when they're not in the credits roll either).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #740
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
Spider-Verse is the highest rated film overall in 2018 among Letterboxd users:

https://letterboxd.com/2018/#the-categories
Why this isn't taking off at the box office like Jumanji is beyond me especially with an A+ cineascore, 8.7 imdb, 5/5 fandango users, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (01-12-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.