Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.55
54 min ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.28

The Matrix Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Castle Rock: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 01-22-2019, 01:57 AM   #1301

Aug 2009
Midlothian, VA

Question for everyone that’s helped and I appreciate it. I can return my Xbox to BB. It appears they do not have the 399 one anymore and I’m not paying 100 more for a bundle. The only game I play is madden should I just go back to my oringal Xbox and the return the one x for an actually 4K player?

It’s still under the return period since I’m elite plus and at this point I was just going to exchange for a new one but they don’t offer that 399 one just the packaged ones.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #1302

Feb 2009

Using an Xbox One S for gaming only and ran across something strange. Have had my video settings at 4K since I bought the player. Not a problem as I have a 4K tv and everything's supported. Turned the Xbox on the other day to a blank screen. Could hear sound from the Xbox but no video. Had to reset the console to lowest resolution and from there have only been able to go up to 1080p. If I try to go to 4K it goes blank and reverts to 1080p. No new firmware for the tv or anything in between. Went to troubleshooting page but gave up after "Are you sure you have a 4K television?"
Anyone have a clue what could be up with this?
Old 01-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #1303

Sep 2017

Maybe an HDMI handshake issue? Try using a different cable, or perhaps just unplug and re-plug in the cable. Sometimes cables can be finicky at 4K.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #1304
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

I have the One X, but it's always streamed in 4K better than the Blu-ray player.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #1305
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
Using an Xbox One S for gaming only and ran across something strange. Have had my video settings at 4K since I bought the player. Not a problem as I have a 4K tv and everything's supported. Turned the Xbox on the other day to a blank screen. Could hear sound from the Xbox but no video. Had to reset the console to lowest resolution and from there have only been able to go up to 1080p. If I try to go to 4K it goes blank and reverts to 1080p. No new firmware for the tv or anything in between. Went to troubleshooting page but gave up after "Are you sure you have a 4K television?"
come on, don't make us guess or beg what gear do you have? tv, receiver and how is it connected, directly to the tv or to the receiver?
Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 AM   #1306

Oct 2018
Arizona

DV is now compatible with my Xbox One S and my Vizio!
Old 05-18-2019, 01:06 AM   #1307
Special Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSweaters View Post
Disk tray or streaming?
Old 05-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #1308

Nov 2007

Only got HR10 on my Xbox one X with latest update on UHD BD
Old 05-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #1309
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSweaters View Post

Still only streaming. No DV support for the Blu Ray drive.
Thanks given by:
u2popmofo (06-12-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #1310
Special Member

May 2011
Texas

Quick question.

I have a Sony 950g with enhanced format checked, all of the 4k/Dolby visions/hdr options checked on the Xbox One X and no exclamation points on the 4K details in the settings...so when a 4k Disc is playing, is there anyway to confirm hdr/Dolby vision is activated and working?

The above scenario with my Sony 800 player (instead of the Xbox) when I hit the display button on the Sony 4k player, “hdr” will be shown on the screen.

Appreciate any help or confirmation.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #1311
Special Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
Quick question.

I have a Sony 950g with enhanced format checked, all of the 4k/Dolby visions/hdr options checked on the Xbox One X and no exclamation points on the 4K details in the settings...so when a 4k Disc is playing, is there anyway to confirm hdr/Dolby vision is activated and working?

The above scenario with my Sony 800 player (instead of the Xbox) when I hit the display button on the Sony 4k player, “hdr” will be shown on the screen.

The Xbox One disk drive dosent play DV, only HDR10. It does do DV streaming though
Old 10-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #1312
Special Member

May 2011
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
The Xbox One disk drive dosent play DV, only HDR10. It does do DV streaming though
Got it.

So is there any onscreen confirmation that it is reading hdr on a 4k Disc? Or is it just something that is assumed if you don’t have any exclamation points in your Xbox 4k settings?

I guess I’m just used to “hdr” showing when I hit display on my x800 that I just want to confirm.

Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #1313

Jan 2012
-
-
-

I use an Xbox One X for disc playback, there's a banner which pops up on the right side of the screen when HDR/DV content is first being output from the console. I'm pretty sure the HDR one says "HDR10", but it might just be "HDR". It's definitely there though, I use that banner to then confirm the HDR picture settings on my LG C8.

EDIT:

Watched Halloween (1978) in 4K last night, the banner/pop-up appears in the upper-right corner and reads "HDR".

Last edited by waxHead; 11-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:37 PM   #1314

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
Quick question.

I have a Sony 930E and yours should be the same

Go into action menu on your Sony remote and click on picture adjustments it should tell you the HDR info
Old 11-17-2019, 01:40 AM   #1315
Special Member

Nov 2010
Berkeley, Ca

I just purchase an early black friday deal for a One S, and it should end up costing around $180 for me as a 4k player only (I have no interest in playing XBox games).

But I'm not too familiar with 4k specs and above-average audio/video set ups. So, for a layman like me, will this player be good enough to watch 4k discs on, that will give me a better picture than regular blurays? Or is the $180 price not even worth what this console can produce visually? (I don't own a sound set up, so I'm not concerned with what the audio side of this player can do)

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #1316

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaOfEvil View Post
I just purchase an early black friday deal for a One S, and it should end up costing around $180 for me as a 4k player only (I have no interest in playing XBox games).

But I'm not too familiar with 4k specs and above-average audio/video set ups. So, for a layman like me, will this player be good enough to watch 4k discs on, that will give me a better picture than regular blurays? Or is the $180 price not even worth what this console can produce visually? (I don't own a sound set up, so I'm not concerned with what the audio side of this player can do)

Thanks!
It does produce a better image than a 1080p blu-ray. You just might not get a high end image that a high end dedicated 4k player would give. But you should definitely see a bump in detail and overall image/colors.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:58 AM   #1317

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
Could be where your hiding the white xbox away from everything else, on the floor next to that massive what looks like a SVS PB-16 Ultra. You got another not to far away so maybe those beasts beat that poor xbox senseless and now it has amnesia?

Seriously though my obvious first troubleshooting step would be to try a new HDMI cable. Then I would unplug or if need be reset everything in the chain. Maybe a new handshaking issue that popped up on you.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 AM   #1318

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaOfEvil View Post

Thanks!
You will be just fine!!! The XBOX One S is more than capable nowadays as they've done quite a few updates to the player. It's a great bang for the buck.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #1319

Dec 2019

Is the Xbox One X a decent player for 4K HDR?

I just ordered a new Samsung Q90R 65" TV and matching sound bar on a black Friday special and have a few Ultra HD blurays on order to try it out on. Hoping the Xbox will be acceptable as a bluray player.

Sorry couldn't create a new thread, I am new here
Old 12-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #1320
Special Member

Aug 2007
New York, NY, US

It's acceptable, but there are snappier players out there for not a lot of cash.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology