Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 hr ago
Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Jack Reacher 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
13 hrs ago
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Boyz n the Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
5 hrs ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
8 hrs ago
The Matrix Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Purge: 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 09-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDcowboy View Post
The previous Cambridge was the CXU (with darbee), twin brother to the 103D. But with British sound I like it but wish it shared the same remote as the Oppo.
Your right, wrong model I mentioned.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Thanks for the information on Pioneer's new list price being $100 higher before launch. I wonder how long Cambridge well offer this player for $699.99. If inflation kicks in the player might see a price increase or be discontinued.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:33 AM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

I'm a little nervous that they will discontinue the Cambridge. If they do I hope it's at least after their low latency DV firmware update
Old 10-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #44

Oct 2018

So how does this compare to the Panasonic UB820? I can't see how the extra cost is justified.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishAnarchist View Post
So how does this compare to the Panasonic UB820? I can't see how the extra cost is justified.
UB820

CXUHD

Does that answer your question?
Old 10-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #46
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishAnarchist View Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:46 AM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Cambridge Audio has CXUHD now selling for $799 USA or £700 UK
In stock online both sites

Yes that is a price increase
Thanks given by:
HDTV1080P (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Cambridge Audio has CXUHD now selling for $799 USA or £700 UK
In stock online both sites

Yes that is a price increase
Thanks for the update. Instead of Cambridge Audio discontinuing their 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, they made a business decision to do a $100 price increase because of tariffs. In January 2018 this Blu-ray player might get another 15% price increase because of 25% in tariffs that takes effect. Well have to wait and see what happens. Soon the Cambridge might be the same price as the Pioneer. I do like the two USB 3.0 jacks on the Cambridge, Pioneer only has USB 2.0. However at least the Pioneer has 2 channel analog stereo outputs which works great with the Pioneer Elite A/V receivers that has zone 2 and 3 for stereo multi-room playback.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #49

May 2008
Long Island
-
-
-

The Tariffs havenít even gone into effect yet. Even If Tariffs do go into effect starting in 2019, the US is only putting a 25% Tariff on actual Steel & Alluminum from the UK. Is not the reason Cambridge Audio has raised the price on Blu Ray Player. They are taking advantage of Oppo going out of business & placing themselves between Panasonic & Pioneer in the market.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:26 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

A thread on this issue was created in September.

25% INCREASE ON ALL OR MOST ELECTRONICS IMPORTED FROM CHINA COMING SOON for the USA

The $100 price increase on the Cambridge is because of 10% inflation that went into effect on high quality Chinese parts starting in October. A total of 25% inflation is occurring in January 2019 on Chinese products.

Many USA retailers are getting several emails from their supplies notifying them of the price increases. When you have time check out the main article at WWW.TWICE.COM on this issue that was published on Friday.

Several Chinese items have went up around 10% in October, another 15% well occur in January 2019 unless the product goes out of production and the new model has less features at the same price to hide the 25% price increase.

This holiday season would be the ideal time to purchase more items then what is actually needed. Some retail stores are marking things up 10% while others have stocked up big on inventory to avoid the October 10% price increase from their suppliers. Next year there well be some sticker shock with items costing 25% more in price as fair trade policies are enforced.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:20 AM   #51
Banned

May 2016

Is the Cambridge player available anymore? Will it be in the future? Is there anyone who has a straight answer on this?

I just purchased a Panasonic 820 and set it up tonight, and I'm not really liking its aesthetics (which is a big thing for me)...if the Cambridge is more OPPO-like in terms of dimensions and build quality, I am going to have to find a way to afford it...the Panasonic DOES NOT look or feel like it costs $500.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:59 AM   #52
Power Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
Is the Cambridge player available anymore? Will it be in the future? Is there anyone who has a straight answer on this?

I just purchased a Panasonic 820 and set it up tonight, and I'm not really liking its aesthetics (which is a big thing for me)...if the Cambridge is more OPPO-like in terms of dimensions and build quality, I am going to have to find a way to afford it...the Panasonic DOES NOT look or feel like it costs $500.
Yes it is available at the moment, it went up to $799.
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/cx/cxuhd
Old 10-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #53
Banned

May 2016

Thanks Danny.

Do you -- or anyone else -- know if the Cambridge offers advanced DVD playback features? What I mean is, it seems on the Panasonic 820 there are NO zoom or adjustment settings for getting, for example, full screen DVDs to fill the screen (as there was on my OPPO BDP-83). This was super annoying when I tried a DVD last night on the Panasonic, as the preceding ads and trailers on some discs CONSTANTLY switched with regard to the black areas around the image (instead of staying full-screen, as I'm used to) and the films themselves played back with pillarboxing (as they're supposed to on a widescreen set, but I prefer them to fill my screen -- which was an option on the OPPO)...

Does the Cambridge allow for zooming customizations like this?
Old 10-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Michigan, USA, 35yo

Quote:
Thanks Danny.

Do you -- or anyone else -- know if the Cambridge offers advanced DVD playback features? What I mean is, it seems on the Panasonic 820 there are NO zoom or adjustment settings for getting, for example, full screen DVDs to fill the screen (as there was on my OPPO BDP-83). This was super annoying when I tried a DVD last night on the Panasonic, as the preceding ads and trailers on some discs CONSTANTLY switched with regard to the black areas around the image (instead of staying full-screen, as I'm used to) and the films themselves played back with pillarboxing (as they're supposed to on a widescreen set, but I prefer them to fill my screen -- which was an option on the OPPO)...

Your TV has a custom crop function.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #55
Banned

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Your TV has a custom crop function.
I tried it last night and it didn't really work out for what I'm looking for; plus, I am looking for a "Wide Full" option in a setup menu that would allow 4:3 discs to automatically fill the screen upon playback.

All in all, the Panasonic 820 had absolutely NO ratio adjustment features -- I didn't see any zoom modes or anything to adjust ratios in the menus.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #56

Nov 2014

Quote:

I'd say it's the same as the Oppo's. I have the original Cambridge CXU and an Oppo 103D. They share the same incremental zoom feature.
Thanks given by:
IntelliVolume (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #57
Banned

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDcowboy View Post
I'd say it's the same as the Oppo's. I have the original Cambridge CXU and an Oppo 103D. They share the same incremental zoom feature.
Thanks Cowboy.

There have been multiple generations of the CXU already? That's news to me.

Does the Cambridge offer an ADJUSTABLE "16:9 WIDE/AUTO" selection, so that 4:3 material is automatically stretched to fit the screen?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #58
Banned

May 2016

Danny,

Thanks for your link to that site selling the Cambridge with financing options; my wife was approved and we ordered it...going to return the Panasonic 820 this week.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Thanks Cowboy.

There have been multiple generations of the CXU already? That's news to me.

Does the Cambridge offer an ADJUSTABLE "16:9 WIDE/AUTO" selection, so that 4:3 material is automatically stretched to fit the screen?
If you look at the 7:44 time point they have the same menu

Old 10-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #60
Banned

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
If you look at the 7:58 time point they have the same menu

Cambridge Audio CX UHD 4K UHD-Mediaplayer - Unboxing und Produktvorstellung - YouTube
Yeah, I posted this video (actually it was the review video on the British AV site) already over in the Panasonic 820 thread for a member named Chip to see (when I was trying to reference what it was I was looking for with regard to DVD adjustments) -- I even pointed out that the OPPO and the Cambridge have the same menu layout.

I already purchased the Cambridge and will return the Panny; it's out of our budget, but it seems I have little to no choice when it comes to the kind of aesthetics (remote layout/backlit controls, feel of buttons, etc.) and build quality I'm looking for (at least under $1K) so we bit the bullet. At least my Best Buy payment will go back to being just for the Samsung TV...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology