Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
17 hrs ago
The Evil Dead Groovy Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
17 hrs ago
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$71.49

Cosa Nostra: Franco Nero in Three Mafia Tales by Damiano Damiani (Blu-ray)
$59.99
20 hrs ago
Gattaca 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
40 min ago
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$27.99
20 hrs ago
Legion of Super-Heroes 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Dazed and Confused 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Return of Swamp Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Dentist Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Train to Busan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #101

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Also, only a small percentage of people like to read subtitles during a film, which is why in India movies get dubbed and in Hollywood they get remade
I agree. There are very few people willing to watch a whole movie by reading subtitles. I feel like I am missing important scenes as I am busy quickly reading through the subtitles.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #102
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
several people are willing to watch camera prints and satisfy themselves. Its sad
That right there is the root cause of anything and everything in this business/industry. No Respect for cinema at all.

I can understand why people wont buy Blu rays because they are expensive, i can understand why they cant wait till they get released bec its too long a wait to discusss hot topic among friends that 'we watched it first'. But i cannot for heaven's sake understand why camera print. At least for the mainstream movies (am not even talking about offbeat stuff) the least anyone could do is go to theatre. And the pride on their face is killing when they tell everyone around that they watched for free at home, that the file got downloaded in seconds and they saved hell lot of money. I can still take all that but cannot forgive anyone for the fact that from that pathetic viewing experience, they also form an OPINION on a film whether its good or bad . Beat that.
Thanks given by:
nrD (11-22-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #103

Nov 2015

Lol, camera prints. Reminds me of my childhood days in NYC, when I used to see street vendors selling those bootlegs on the streets of Manhattan. Before the rise of downloading, those camera prints were the only way to watch a movie after the theatrical release, but before the home video release. But god, those were, and still are, the worst audio/video quality you can find.

I make a point to only 'acquire' a movie after the DVD/Bluray release, and more importantly, I will never share my sources, because I know that the movie companies need to make their money off those who do not know how to nor are willing to acquire content for free.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #104

Dec 2009

It is shocking to see such a downward trend to the number of Telugu Blu-rays being released
I understand Blu-ray was a premium a few years ago and costs a lot to make and all, but I thought the current advancements in technology made this process a little cheaper so I don't see why there are so few Blu-rays releasing now, unless the price to buy rights has increased unreasonably.

Telugu Blu-ray releases estimate: 2009 = 2, 2010 = 10, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 21, 2013 = 20, 2014 = 8, 2015 = 5, 2016 =

Also important to mention is that the number of DVDs has also drastically reduced ever since web rips started becoming popular. Telugu physical home video is dying.

It is a similar issue with Hollywood but even today the physical home video sales beat the digital home video, although it is expected that by end of 2016 there will be more revenue from digital sales than physical home video. It is still important to note that the variance will be minimal for a few years. People are adapting to the digital home video but physical home video is no where close to dying in Hollywood. The only way I can imagine physical home video dying is when everyone has a gigabit fiber internet connection subscribed to digital HD services with the server and bandwidth capacity that can allow instant live streaming (including instant forward, and skip) of movies with Blu-ray quality. With 4K physical home video with up to 250GB Blu-rays trying to reach the market in the near future, if digital home video providers such as Netflix truly want to impress they should have the server capacity to allow streaming a movie of 100GB and more.

The funny thing is that the fastest internet speed I can get today is 60 Mbps, and I live in one of the largest cities in the country. I was advised by my ISP that they have gigabit fiber and are slowly (for 5 years so far) expanding to everyone but I should not expect the gigabit service for several years as individual/detached homes are the least priority for them. They want to expand to condos and office buildings first. The agent admitted that it doesn't make sense for them to invest more to get the newest technology to detached homes, when they could use a fraction of this cost to deliver to a building with hundreds of families.

Last edited by annayya; 11-25-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Thanks given by:
intacto (12-02-2015), nrD (11-26-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #105

Nov 2014
Default Baahubali 4k On Youtube Releasing Tomorrow

No Bluray yet but I read that it's releasing on Youtube in 4K resolution. But what about the sound???? I need Bluray, fine with 1080P resolution but need DTS HD Master
Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 AM   #106

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivas View Post
No Bluray yet but I read that it's releasing on Youtube in 4K resolution. But what about the sound???? I need Bluray, fine with 1080P resolution but need DTS HD Master
Yes, my friend just texted me that there will be Baahubali Telugu Tamil and Malayalam 4K versions posted in youtube tomorrow.

The article stated " the makers of the film decided to release it in online." ... Its good that the makers are making this available for people to watch for free but why can't the makers also produce a Blu-ray. For a movie that made 600 crores, the studio and the producers can surely afford to release an official Telugu Blu-ray.

https://www.telugu360.com/baahubali-...4k-resolution/
http://english.tupaki.com/movienews/...-Youtube/34600

Last edited by annayya; 12-02-2015 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #107

Jun 2011

I doubt its free!!

It says rental!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12346475_945774328848102_7242124437711759851_n.jpg (64.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 12-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #108
Special Member

Aug 2010
Kochi, KL, IN

The ad also says "Available in select countries"

Hmm... looks like it won't be available in India after all...
Old 12-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #109

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykaysud View Post
The ad also says "Available in select countries"

Hmm... looks like it won't be available in India after all...
It is available in India, and several other countries.
Its not free anywhere though

Telugu:
Tamil:
Malayalam:
Hindi:
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-06-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #110
Special Member

Nov 2009
Atlanta, GA

Buy option could have been better. Is the audio would be in 5.1 or stereo?
Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #111

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlebrain View Post
Buy option could have been better. Is the audio would be in 5.1 or stereo?
Audio will be crappy stereo as usual.
4K video with stereo audio

How does this 4K video quality compare to the 1080p bluray?
Thanks given by:
idlebrain (12-04-2015), nrD (12-06-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #112

Jan 2015

This video is not available in your country...

Disappointing
Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #113

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
Audio will be crappy stereo as usual.
4K video with stereo audio
How does this 4K video quality compare to the 1080p bluray?
Since this was produced in 2K it's about the same.
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-06-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #114
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhoppel View Post
Since this was produced in 2K it's about the same.
Baahubali went through a 4K DI, though it was shot on the Arri Alexa, which is a 2.8K camera. So it should have greater resolution than HD, but not as much resolution as a true 4K source.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #115

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
Baahubali went through a 4K DI, though it was shot on the Arri Alexa, which is a 2.8K camera. So it should have greater resolution than HD, but not as much resolution as a true 4K source.
Sfx in 4K?
Old 12-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #116

Dec 2009
Angry

I feel like with the 4K youtube videos, hotstar online video, multiple telecasts planned on the telugu TV channel Maa TV, Malayalam and Hindi Blu-rays with Telugu audio released on net .... all available for download. The chances of seeing an actual Telugu Blu-ray is getting slimmer.
The way I see it is, why would any home video company pay anything to get the rights of a movie that is readily available to everyone on net already for free or very little money in most cases. So the only option is for Baahubali producer to sell the home video rights for free to a home video company that guarantees to make a Blu-ray, or the studio Arka Media Works should produce the blu-ray themselves at their own expense.

I paid $3.50 for the Youtube 4K video rental just to check it out. While the video quality is amazing. The audio is utter crap
I played in 7.1 home theater audio set-up and while the A/V receiver tried its best to convert the crappy stereo, it was not good. Even the Tv Shows I watch had better audio.
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-06-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 03:54 AM   #117

Dec 2015

I watched the youtube rental as well. While video was good, really was not expecting that much crappy audio. Tried all settings to get something out of it, but no, it was the worst. The youtube songs of baabuhali are having good audio. Why would they release it like this? Wait for bluray continues.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:02 AM   #118
Power Member

May 2010

That's hugely disappointing. Audio is half the experience, and Bahubali sounded great in the theaters. Why bother doing a 4K release if they're going to mess up the audio?
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-14-2015), zombeaner (12-14-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #119

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishanvkumar View Post
I watched the youtube rental as well. While video was good, really was not expecting that much crappy audio. Tried all settings to get something out of it, but no, it was the worst. The youtube songs of baabuhali are having good audio. Why would they release it like this? Wait for bluray continues.
I watched Subramanyam for Sale yesterday, free from youtube and it had excellent video quality and even though it has stereo audio, it sounded very good.
My A/V receiver was playing it in dolby prologic mode and it sounded just like surround sound. Even the surround effects were good.

This further shows what a poor job Baahubali team did when they posted their 4k video. As Dragun mentioned, audio is half the experience and it was unbearable to watch Baahubali on Youtube. We should report that movie to Youtube stating that it should be deleted due to the poor audio quality
Old 12-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #120

Nov 2015

Apparently, it is now available for purchase, and it even has English subs now. And according to comments, audio is now improved. Would anyone like to confirm if audio is good, and see if the purchased stream is downloadable?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India