Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
17 hrs ago
The Evil Dead Groovy Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
17 hrs ago
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$71.49

Cosa Nostra: Franco Nero in Three Mafia Tales by Damiano Damiani (Blu-ray)
$59.99
20 hrs ago
Gattaca 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
41 min ago
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$27.99
20 hrs ago
Legion of Super-Heroes 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Dazed and Confused 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Return of Swamp Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Dentist Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Train to Busan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-25-2015, 06:45 AM   #121

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensun87 View Post
Baahubali - The Beginning (Telugu | 4K with English Subtitles) - YouTube

Apparently, it is now available for purchase, and it even has English subs now. And according to comments, audio is now improved. Would anyone like to confirm if audio is good, and see if the purchased stream is downloadable?
In the comments Baahubali Official Youtube Channel mentioned that the Blu-ray is coming soon.
This is confirmation that the Telugu Blu-ray will definitely release

Just wait for the Blu-ray. It will be the best quality

Hoping that we can have a Blu-ray for Kanche, Srimanthudu, and first Telugu 3D Blu-ray ever for Rudramadevi. That's all I wanted to buy from 2015 movies.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #122

Jul 2010
hyderabad,India
Default Don't buy on YouTube

I rented to see how it is.
PQ is gud but audio track doesn't even convert to 5.1 when played in prologic on my receiver.
Absolutely cheated when normal videos on YouTube play gud when converted to prologic. This one only plays thru center channel only?
Old 12-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #123

Jun 2015
India
Cool Actually bahubali is edited in 1.85:1 aspect ratio

All the official bahubali youtube releses are 1.85:1 aspect ratio .

so if they are willing they can release bigger format

other language are 2.39:1 releses , can't hope much
Old 12-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #124

Jun 2009
Chicago, IL

I didn't see the youtube version but I guess it is because of black bars on top and bottom. Are you sure the picture itselft has an aspect ratio of 1.85:1 without black bars?
Old 12-26-2015, 05:40 AM   #125

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhammu2005 View Post
I rented to see how it is.
PQ is gud but audio track doesn't even convert to 5.1 when played in prologic on my receiver.
Absolutely cheated when normal videos on YouTube play gud when converted to prologic. This one only plays thru center channel only?
I also rented and checked the new video again from Youtube.
The audio is still bad and plays just as bad as the first one in surround sound.

There is a screeching noise at several high audio points throughout the movie. I tried playing in several different modes on my A/V receiver and all had the same issue.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray ... hoping that we can buy it by Sankranthi.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:56 AM   #126

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanthan Reddy View Post
All the official bahubali youtube releses are 1.85:1 aspect ratio .

so if they are willing they can release bigger format

other language are 2.39:1 releses , can't hope much
Quote:
Originally Posted by murali91 View Post
I didn't see the youtube version but I guess it is because of black bars on top and bottom. Are you sure the picture itselft has an aspect ratio of 1.85:1 without black bars?
The youtube 4k release has black bars at top and bottom
All hopes on Blu-ray now

The video from Makuta was the full screen 1.78:1 ratio:
Alll Making of Baahubali teasers (short glimpses of scenes from movie) were also full screen 1.78:1:

The Anushka scene is probably from Baahubali 2 as she never was shown young in Baahubali 1
Old 12-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #127
Special Member

Apr 2009
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
the youtube 4k release has black bars at top and bottom
All hopes on blu-ray now
give it a rest
Old 12-28-2015, 02:23 AM   #128
Banned

Mar 2015
I wait for UltraHD 4K natived format. Baahubali is Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format).
Thanks given by:
nrD (01-16-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 03:58 AM   #129

Dec 2009

Its Sankranti today and it has now been over six months since the release of the movie.
Where is the Telugu Blu-ray
Old 01-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #130

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
Its Sankranti today and it has now been over six months since the release of the movie.
Where is the Telugu Blu-ray
I am guessing right before part 2 releases if we are lucky.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:47 AM   #131

Sep 2014

Very sad that we dont have a bluray from Original Language for a movie like this
Old 01-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #132
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom

Blame lies fair and square with the producers and director.

When it comes to Home Media releasing Indian Film industry turns lazy.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #133
Special Member

Apr 2009
Dallas, TX

It's the way of the market. As long as TV stations are willing to pay, it'll almost certainly pay more for them to license that way than on home video. I'm just as sad that I don't own a Blu-ray of this film, or Enthiran, or "I", any number of other South Indian blockbusters, but film is a business, and if the TV stations make the producers sign exclusionary contracts, it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 View Post
Blame lies fair and square with the producers and director.

When it comes to Home Media releasing Indian Film industry turns lazy.
Thanks given by:
nrD (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #134

Sep 2012

This post is not related to the (possible) Blu Ray release of the film but I'd just like to know your (everyone reading this) opinion on the film ending in a cliffhanger.

Now I know this is a 2 part film and I'm not claiming that I've watched every movie ever released but in every movie which has a sequel or more than 1 sequel, I'm pretty sure none of them have had a ending in this manner. Sure there'll be some unanswered questions but in the end the director makes sure that the main plot of the film is solved and finished.

Imagine this - in Star Wars Episode 5, the director could have chosen to end the film during the moment that
[Show spoiler]Darth Vader was Luke's dad
was revealed and we would have our minds be in state of question as to whether Luke would join him or not before the release of the seuqel. Or in Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan could have chosen to ended it when they reveal that Ra's Al Ghul was not who Bruce thought he was or the fact that he's still alive. Something like that. It just seems like a cheap advertising trick to just make sure you come back and watch the sequel, the sort of stuff that they do in most Indian soaps, ending the daily episode with "To be continued".

Hope you understood what I said here. I wished he could have ended part 1 with the info on why Kattapa (Sathyaraj's character) killed the king and then left the other stuff to be filmed in the sequel. I'm saying this because I came out of the theatre pissed at Rajamouli for making me wait another 2ish years to know a small crucial piece of info that could have easily been revealed during the end minutes of the film.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #135

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilFBosh View Post
This post is not related to the (possible) Blu Ray release of the film but I'd just like to know your (everyone reading this) opinion on the film ending in a cliffhanger.

Now I know this is a 2 part film and I'm not claiming that I've watched every movie ever released but in every movie which has a sequel or more than 1 sequel, I'm pretty sure none of them have had a ending in this manner. Sure there'll be some unanswered questions but in the end the director makes sure that the main plot of the film is solved and finished.

Imagine this - in Star Wars Episode 5, the director could have chosen to end the film during the moment that
[Show spoiler]Darth Vader was Luke's dad
was revealed and we would have our minds be in state of question as to whether Luke would join him or not before the release of the seuqel. Or in Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan could have chosen to ended it when they reveal that Ra's Al Ghul was not who Bruce thought he was or the fact that he's still alive. Something like that. It just seems like a cheap advertising trick to just make sure you come back and watch the sequel, the sort of stuff that they do in most Indian soaps, ending the daily episode with "To be continued".

Hope you understood what I said here. I wished he could have ended part 1 with the info on why Kattapa (Sathyaraj's character) killed the king and then left the other stuff to be filmed in the sequel. I'm saying this because I came out of the theatre pissed at Rajamouli for making me wait another 2ish years to know a small crucial piece of info that could have easily been revealed during the end minutes of the film.
You are right of course it is all about money!!!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #136
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilFBosh View Post
That's part of the experience and pleasure of multi-part films. The cliffhanger that keeps you thinking about the ending.
Thanks given by:
nrD (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:34 AM   #137

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
That's part of the experience and pleasure of multi-part films. The cliffhanger that keeps you thinking about the ending.
But I've never seen a film that is a part of a multi-part film ending abruptly with a cliffhanger/plot twist. That's my point here. They always go through the plot twist and try to finish the film, not successfully at times. Do you get me?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #138
Power Member

May 2010

I get you. But I really liked the ending. It was an exciting and surprising way to end the film, and the fact that we're talking about it means that it worked. Revealing why the end happened like that in part 1 itself would have been anti-climactic.
Thanks given by:
nrD (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 05:37 AM   #139
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2010
India

Agree with Dragun, it makes the second part more interesting to look forward to.
Also, from what I hear the 2nd part of The Hobbit films ends on such a cliffhanger. The dragon Smaug is brought in the second film, but taken care of only in the 3rd film. There's a difference between a sequel and a multi-part film. This is more akin to the German multi-part films made by Fritz Lang like Dr. Mabuse, Die Nibelungen and Indian Epic, where the first instalments end on cliffhanger notes.
Thanks given by:
nrD (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #140
Expert Member

Feb 2013

Yea Desolation of Smaug ends on a similar cliffhanger
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India