Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Madden NFL 19 (Xbox One)
$14.90

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One)
$36.61
18 hrs ago
Man of Medan (Xbox One)
$24.99

Generation Zero (Xbox One)
$36.68
4 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Xbox One)
$17.99

Fade to Silence (Xbox One)
$29.83

The Division 2 (Xbox One)
$69.11

Assassin's Creed III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One)
$49.94

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$28.84

The Hunter: Call of the Wild (Xbox One)
$29.99

Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$49.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 06-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Default (supposed) Xbox E3 2018 lineup leaked

Forza Horizon 4
Starfield
Scream Ride 2
Crackdown 3
Shadow the Tomb Raider
Sea of Thieves DLC
Ashen
The Last Night
Below
Madden 2019
Minecraft 4K
Battlefield V
Metro Exodus
Banjo Kazooie Anniversary (is this a reboot?)
Borderlands 3
Ori and the Will of Whisps
Electric Madness
Splinter Cell Reboot
Anthem
Halo Genesis
Cyberpunk 2077
Perfect Dark Re Boot (Joanna Dark)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Banjo Kazooie anniversary?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I can't see a game with the word Anniversary in it being anything but a remake.

If this lineup is true I would be okay with it. Of the known franchises a new Halo, Ori, Horizon 4, Crackdown 3, a Banjo remake, a new Perfect Dark (as exclusives), Cyberpunk and Splinter Cell (multiplat) would be more than fine if they're releasing soon. At least 8 more games in my pile of shame.......I can't wait to see a Halo made around X specs.

That leaves Starfield, The Last Night, Below and Electric Madness as games I know nothing about.

Last edited by dyne; 06-06-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I can't see a game with the word Anniversary in it being anything but a remake.

If this lineup is true I would be okay with it. Of the known franchises a new Halo, Ori, Horizon 4, Crackdown 3, a Banjo remake, a new Perfect Dark (as exclusives), Cyberpunk and Splinter Cell (multiplat) would be more than fine if they're releasing soon. At least 8 more games in my pile of shame.......I can't wait to see a Halo made around X specs.

That leaves Starfield, The Last Night, Below and Electric Madness as games I know nothing about.
Starfield is supposed to be a brand new IP from Bethesda. It's their new open world RPG, set in a futuristic Sci Fi universe, and it's supposed to be out this year.

Another thing I forgot to mention from the leak was, MS is putting a HEAVY emphasis on Games Pass (no surprise). Virtually every game shown is day and date on Games Pass with the exception of most of the 3rd party stuff (though Shadow of the Tomb Raider is rumored to be on there at launch)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Forza Horizon 4
Starfield
Scream Ride 2
Crackdown 3
Shadow the Tomb Raider
Sea of Thieves DLC
Ashen
The Last Night
Below
Madden 2019
Minecraft 4K
Battlefield V
Metro Exodus
Borderlands 3
Ori and the Will of Whisps
Electric Madness
Splinter Cell Reboot
Anthem
Halo Genesis
Cyberpunk 2077
Perfect Dark Re Boot (Joanna Dark)
Hell yes to those that are in bold. I would LOVE a Perfect Dark reboot. Loved the original game. Played the shit out of that with my little brother back when.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Another thing I forgot to mention from the leak was, MS is putting a HEAVY emphasis on Games Pass (no surprise).
What I fully expect them to do (as they should) is eventually put episodic games on the service. Have an episode drop each month. That would help with retention and have a legitimate reason for having a service such as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
Hell yes to those that are in bold. I would LOVE a Perfect Dark reboot. Loved the original game. Played the shit out of that with my little brother back when.
Same. Didn't care for the 360 game though.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
What I fully expect them to do (as they should) is eventually put episodic games on the service. Have an episode drop each month. That would help with retention and have a legitimate reason for having a service such as it is.

Same. Didn't care for the 360 game though.
Never understood the infatuation with the series as a whole. I remember being all excited when I got it for my N64. After a couple of days playing it, my friends and I went back to Goldeneye.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

I know it's early, but I was hoping for Gears 5. Gears is the only exclusive I play on the X1X.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Crackdown possibly delayed to 2019.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...elayed-to-2019

This will be one of those articles years from now about how they never found the hook or fun and money kept being pumped into it with very little to show for it.

Last edited by dyne; 06-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Never understood the infatuation with the series as a whole. I remember being all excited when I got it for my N64. After a couple of days playing it, my friends and I went back to Goldeneye.
Perfect Dark Zero sucks but the first one whether you still preferred GoldenEye basically improved on everything over GoldenEye except maybe story. Graphics, lighting, custscenes, smarter enemies that can shoot from above or below and melee attacks so you couldn't tie them up. Then add in voice acting, control improvements (and weapon switch streamlined), alternate fire modes and ocassional alternate path options. Then we get to the multiplayer options that gave insane customization options that took GoldenEye's multiplayer and multiplied it ten fold.

It can be said that GoldenEye's campaign as a whole is still better but from an overall package Perfect Dark is easily the superior game.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Perfect Dark Zero sucks but the first one whether you still preferred GoldenEye basically improved on everything over GoldenEye except maybe story. Graphics, lighting, custscenes, smarter enemies that can shoot from above or below and melee attacks so you couldn't tie them up. Then add in voice acting, control improvements (and weapon switch streamlined), alternate fire modes and ocassional alternate path options. Then we get to the multiplayer options that gave insane customization options that took GoldenEye's multiplayer and multiplied it ten fold.

It can be said that GoldenEye's campaign as a whole is still better but from an overall package Perfect Dark is easily the superior game.
Yeah, and that was what? 18 years ago? By a studio that is virtually non-existent now in every way but name. Why care about it now? I'd much rather see a new IP than them trying to resurrect a one-hit wonder that most people have long stopped caring about. You already have Halo, Gears, and a plethora of 3rd party shooters. To me it's silly to add yet ANOTHER shooter to the already crowded genre on the platform (unless they change it up and go 3rd person action/adventure which would be interesting).
Old 06-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah Perfect Dark is a hard sell in this day. You can't keep it a straight up mission based fps because that market is already crowded. I agree about the adventure genre. The question then is how adventury do you go before it's no longer Perfect Dark or does that not even matter? The public game buying group that actually remembers the games and character fondly is probably pretty small at this point.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Yeah, and that was what? 18 years ago? By a studio that is virtually non-existent now in every way but name. Why care about it now? I'd much rather see a new IP than them trying to resurrect a one-hit wonder that most people have long stopped caring about. You already have Halo, Gears, and a plethora of 3rd party shooters. To me it's silly to add yet ANOTHER shooter to the already crowded genre on the platform (unless they change it up and go 3rd person action/adventure which would be interesting).
I'm sure tons of people who grew up on Perfect Dark would be ecstatic if they announced a new game. This franchise has a whopping two games in it with the second one being a huge failure after the first was a massive game-changing success. Why the hell not reboot the franchise when tons of other franchises are being rebooted too?

Last edited by Captain Flint; 06-07-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Crackdown possibly delayed to 2019.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...elayed-to-2019

This will be one of those articles years from now about how they never found the hook or fun and money kept being pumped into it with very little to show for it.
I canít think of a reason why to fork over cash for Xbox Game Pass. I wonder why.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
I know it's early, but I was hoping for Gears 5. Gears is the only exclusive I play on the X1X.
Anticipating a new Gears Of War and Halo as well, the two very reasons I bought an Xbox.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

They'll definitely announce Halo 6 this year, and maybe Gears 5 too (or the rumored Battle Royale Gears)
Old 06-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #17
Expert Member

May 2010

I want to hear more about Fallout 76.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:18 AM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Anticipating a new Gears Of War and Halo as well, the two very reasons I bought an Xbox.
The two very reasons I'll always choose Xbox over Playstation. I'm forever invested in both storylines and universes.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Really hoping they can turn Halo around. 5 never sat well with me. Beautiful game but it seemed to have lost something.

Gears 4 was fine but Iíll always want Marcus over JD.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Really hoping they can turn Halo around. 5 never sat well with me. Beautiful game but it seemed to have lost something.

Gears 4 was fine but Iíll always want Marcus over JD.
I like Marcus and was disappointed that he wasnít the main player in Gears 4. Hopefully they make Gears 5 and make Marcus the main guy again.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (06-08-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One