Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Death Note: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$14.96
10 hrs ago
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
4 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
6 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
16 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 11-06-2019, 06:06 AM   #361
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Just call their next console......XXXX.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

I've got the 1X and it takes games developers at least a year if not more to get to grips with the new hardware. Unless the X2 releases with some stunning first-party titles i really don't have much interest in it.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:11 PM   #363
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Phill Spencer tweeted that he got to take home his Project Scarlett console this week, alright for some!

Quote:
And itís startedÖ.this week I brought my Project Scarlett console home and it's become my primary console, playing my games, connecting to the community and yes, using my Elite Series 2 controller, having a blast. Great work by the team, 2020 is going to be an incredible year.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #364
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

I'm still satisfied with my One X and PS4 and Switch Lite. I feel like this console cycle could last another 2-3 years.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #365
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Oh no.

Remember Lockhart? MS may not have ditched it. A cheaper next gen Xbox with no disc drive might be available day & date with Anaconda for $100 less then PS5.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #366
Special Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
I'm still satisfied with my One X and PS4 and Switch Lite. I feel like this console cycle could last another 2-3 years.
I'm not unsatisfied, but I'd like to get more horsepower if they tech is there.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:04 AM   #367
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I think Iíll be fine with just the X.

Lockhart is rumoured to run 1440p/60 while Anaconda will target 4K/60
Old 12-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #368
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I think Iíll be fine with just the X.

Lockhart is rumoured to run 1440p/60 while Anaconda will target 4K/60
Forza 8 is going to be the deal-breaker for me. I'm going to look at direct comparison of the 1X Vs the X2, and want to see MAJOR next-gen graphics in play on the newer system, not just a half-step upgrade.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #369
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
Forza 8 is going to be the deal-breaker for me. I'm going to look at direct comparison of the 1X Vs the X2, and want to see MAJOR next-gen graphics in play on the newer system, not just a half-step upgrade.
I enjoyed the Forza series for the first half of Xbox Oneís lifecycle but lost interest. If MS releases a new one as a launch title itíll be interesting as Sony may release GT7 as a launch game.

If that happens, Iím sure DF will tear each one down.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #370
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I enjoyed the Forza series for the first half of Xbox Oneís lifecycle but lost interest. If MS releases a new one as a launch title itíll be interesting as Sony may release GT7 as a launch game.

If that happens, Iím sure DF will tear each one down.
Richard Leadbetter and the team at Digital Foundry are always my go-to guys for format comparisons. Interesting mix is that the gpu in my pc is about 20% more powerful than the Pro, so i have the choice of pc or 1X for microsoft gaming. Tend to go with the 1X for obvious reasons.

As for GT7, i just... don't see how it could compete with Forza now. Seriously, not being a raving MS fanboy, but for a racing game i like cars, and i like racetracks, and i like as many of them as possible! With 700 cars in F7, the thought that MS might make the push to the big 1K would be awesome.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #371
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

When it comes to games, I prefer better content vs. UHD resolution/beyond 60fps framerate.

For eg. instead of tons of hi-res cars, I prefer fewer cars that are more accurately modeled physics-wise, i.e. correct suspension geometry, chassis stiffness, durability of the drivetrain upon repeated abuse, etc. A car that one grows with and care about instead of bashing them about with no lasting consequence. I'd rather have few cars to race 100,000km rather than 1000+ cars for few races each.

I am speculating both GT & FM are targeting 2020 launch as both new hardwares are an evolutionary architecture. If Phil Spencer is playing XB1 titles on Scarlett, it is a strong indication that Scarlett is a faster/efficient hardware that does not require a brand new CPU/GPU coding. And that makes logical sense.

I personally prefer GT at the moment because it does look a little better and seem more 'serious' than the silly looking FM, i.e. the clown suits.

For the next FM/GT, both have cars+tracks+physics+weather adequately figured out so will they simply go with more computing power+cars+tracks strategy or will they add something new to really take the titles to the next level?

It is a good time to be gaming; that's for sure.

Last edited by GRD43L; 12-09-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #372
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

So the target specs are 12TF, but overall performance is 4-5x the One X.

Inside the target specs of the next Xbox 'Project Scarlett,' 'Anaconda', and 'Lockhart'

Quote:
Microsoft is gearing up to reveal a two-pronged attack for next-gen consoles, complete with a more affordable SKU, dubbed "Lockhart," and a more beastly premium SKU, codenamed "Anaconda." We have no idea what the next-gen consoles will look like, or be officially named when the time comes, but we do now have a credible idea of what specs these systems are targeting.

We believe the information we've received below from multiple sources, but as always, take these rumors with a pinch of salt until we get official confirmation from Microsoft itself. Plans can and do change as we move towards production. Xbox Scarlett is due to launch in 2020, in time for the holiday season.
Quote:
In the 2019 reveal video, Xbox cloud architect Kareem Choudhry said Scarlett could "eat monsters for breakfast," and indeed, Anaconda looks as though it will be able to. According to several sources familiar with Microsoft's plans, Anaconda is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One X's 6TF, and the Xbox One S's 1.4. Lockhart conversely will sport around 4TF, and according to marketing materials we've seen previously, it is being positioned as the most-affordable entry point to next-gen experiences.

It's important to note, however, that TF doesn't really tell the entire story of next-gen systems, owing to piles of custom tech Microsoft is planning to bake into these consoles. For example, Microsoft already spoke about how ray-tracing will be a factor in next-gen systems, and while Lockhart has less raw power than the X, it will have capabilities that elevate it further than the X in various ways.
Quote:
Both Lockhart and Anaconda reportedly sport eight CPU cores targetting around 3.5GHz, with Anaconda reaching a bit higher per core than Lockhart. The relatively modest increase in clock speed over the previous-gen systems may seem mild, but vast improvements to caching, new silicon architecture, and other general bespoke, proprietary optimizations will see Anaconda perform anywhere up to four to five times better than the Xbox One X, if targets are met. We're told that at least Anaconda will guarantee 13GB of RAM for games, with 3GB on the OS a total of 16GB. The X, by comparison, offered a "maximum" of 9GB for games, which often varied based on what the OS was doing. Microsoft also said in its reveal video that the SSD could be used to throw in virtual RAM as necessary. Speaking of which ...

Quote:
One huge focus area for Lockhart and Anaconda is on NVMe SSD proprietary tech, which dramatically decreases load speeds, nigh-on eliminating loading completely. Games with load times anywhere up to a minute will be reduced to mere seconds as a result of these SSDs, and the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally. Next-gen is all about saving you time, increasing read speeds by gigabytes per second, while also providing cutting-edge visuals that will elevate games to all new heights.

We've been told that while many games will function across generations, next-gen features such as ray tracing for dynamic reflections and the like will most probably be exclusive to Lockhart and Anaconda, requiring new APIs that come as part of Game Core OS (which is also part of the Windows Core OS effort we've been covering). That said, Scarlett will be able to run all previous-gen games that are available on Xbox One today, including backward compatible games as Microsoft has already announced.
Quote:
Similarly to the Xbox One X, games with unlocked frame rates and dynamic resolution will perform better on Scarlett, once again, being able to take advantage of the improved hardware. For example, Monster Hunter World struggles to maintain 60 FPS on the Xbox One X even in its performance mode. Even without an update, it should manage to hit its target FPS without an issue on Scarlett. Games will also be able to take advantage of the increased SSD loading speeds on the newer consoles as well, without needing an update.

As noted, always take rumors with a pinch of salt, but we're confident in our sourcing on this. It's difficult to do direct comparisons between Project Scarlett consoles and off-the-shelf PC parts, due to the unknown quantities in Microsoft's proprietary optimizations. The proof, as always, will be in the pudding.

Plans can change between now and launch (looking at you, Surface Mini), but it's looking almost certain that Project Scarlett is, in fact, two console SKUs across Lockhart and Anaconda, with Anaconda representing the higher end, and Lockhart representing a more affordable entry point to next-gen features.

Either way, across Scarlett, bigger investment in games, and Project XCloud, 2020 is looking incredibly exciting indeed.
Thanks given by:
GRD43L (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #373
Expert Member

Sep 2018

Exciting news!
Old 12-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #374
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

There better be a trade in program cause people been buying these mid cycle console refreshes like One X and PS4 Pro's.

Can't expect people to upgrade more frequently without a deal.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:23 AM   #375
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
There better be a trade in program cause people been buying these mid cycle console refreshes like One X and PS4 Pro's.

Can't expect people to upgrade more frequently without a deal.
Only reason we had X & Pro was because both Sony & MS knew they launched their base systems underpowered. 2014 was the start of next gen PC by equivalent.

These new consoles won’t face that burden & will be fully capable of showcasing a true next-gen leap. (Don’t worry PC users, you’ll get all the benefits with great third party games & some MS ones)

So no. No trade in deals from Sony or MS themselves. Both are gonna take a loss per unit sold.
Also don’t pull up any graphics of stock market drops next year. lol
Old 12-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #376
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Ok then I better not see "Anaconda" 2 in 2023.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #377
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Doubling the power of the 1X should be the minimum that microsoft are aiming for; the gpu in the 1X is now 4 years old, and even though 12 teraflops of power is more than enough for 4K, i imagine that we will see that doubled by increasing the clock speed of the gpu to be somewhere in the region of 3.5ghz.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #378
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

12tf here doesn't mean double the 1X 6tf, its 4-5x the power of the 1X 6tf

This is why measuring the power of next gen consoles in teraflops is a bad idea, it's very misleading to show 1X 6tf next to next gen 12tf because next gen 12tf performs infinitely better than last gen so next gen 12tf is equivalent to say 24tf last gen.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #379
Expert Member

Sep 2018

Quote:
Well, if you have 1X & PS4P, you can certainly trade in one of them. Game Stop did in the past (values are crap though unless you wait for the right moment).

Me:
1. Give my 1X to one of my kids (they have 1S).
2. Take their 1S and use as (almost) dedicated 4K player.
3. I buys the Scarletts, precious...
Old 01-02-2020, 06:11 AM   #380
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...t1560455091535
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-02-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X