Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49
6 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
15 hrs ago
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$23.49

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Annabelle Comes Home (Blu-ray)
$18.97
2 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

AVS or HDD?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2007

Its getting locked about once a week.

I love the new insider format here, very good.

Now all we have to do is wait for the next breaking event from PM or the others.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #83
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
PSN Network: Aygie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
AVS or HDD?
AVS and its gone already, truly pathetic.

Penton why do you put up with it?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

I see they have locked the insiders thread.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #85

Oct 2007

It seems that whole discussion vanished and officially never happened, Mystery Clock - my soul aint that poor

Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #86

Aug 2007

So...what was it even about?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #87

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowhite View Post
So...what was it even about?
Some tool was saying the people that ran HD2.0 or whatever it was, was unreliable because they were a blu supporter. His reasoning was that no one from HD DVD camp attended HD2.0. He claimed they weren't invited, then Penton said otherwise and Grubert posted a link that proved otherwise, now MR deleted everything because his HD Tool was calling spin on Penton when the tool was trying to spin everything.

From what I remember, kind of confusing description, maybe someone else will do better.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #88

Dec 2007
Califonia

Just a suggestion, when their idiot alleged insiders over there post, and one of you guys or gals posts back mitigating their fud, you may want to save the page on your hard drive, so you can repost it here so when it gets deleted, almost a guarantee over there, there is a record of their idiotic hypocrisy.

Their mods are so weak, they cave like the little whiners they really are. I went there and the little mod writes ....

time....

What a bunch of losers, just post the good stuff here, and folks who happen to still dwell in that cesspool called avs, (lord knows why), instead of replying to them, encourage them to come over here for REAL Insider info vs the fud crap they get over there.

Just a thought,
Joe

Last edited by Sonar5; 01-17-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #89

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bester View Post
Some tool was saying the people that ran HD2.0 or whatever it was, was unreliable because they were a blu supporter. His reasoning was that no one from HD DVD camp attended HD2.0. He claimed they weren't invited, then Penton said otherwise and Grubert posted a link that proved otherwise, now MR deleted everything because his HD Tool was calling spin on Penton when the tool was trying to spin everything.

From what I remember, kind of confusing description, maybe someone else will do better.
more or less

it also seems said tool was salty because the folks who put togeher HD2.0 would not let a retailer be a panelist on behalf of the HD DVD Group, I think the sense of entitlement comes from a certain other forum granting said retailer BD and HD DVD insider status, go figure...

Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #90
Expert Member

Sep 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bester View Post

The tool was Robert Zohn (DTV Tivo Dealer). He was calling shenanigans on the HD2.0 conference (unjustly) and so everyone called shenanigans on him (Penton, Grubert and coneyparleg -- all of which made good posts... I was particularly impressed with coney's last post, actually). Then it all disappeared.

Penton: feel free to make all of these posts disappear -- you have the power!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #91
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

Penton sir,

Would you consider becoming a sponsor of AVS so that your posts will get the same support from the mods as Zohn's?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #92

Dec 2007
Califonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
Penton sir,

Would you consider becoming a sponsor of AVS so that your posts will get the same support from the mods as Zohn's?
So Zohn runs ads there... Hello, talk about a conflict of interest, no wonder those zealots deleted the posts.

One shouldn't have to be a sponsor and pay a forum money in order to fight off false statements made by A NOBODY. DON'T SPONSOR Over there, screw them....

Instead, what we all ought to do, is start contacting their advertisers off site, and telling them why we left, and that we are not interested in buying their products when they support such a hypocritical site they run over there....

That has got to be the most hypocritical site in all of Audio Visual land.....

Man just leave, and convince others to do the same. Let them wallow in their fud.

Last edited by Sonar5; 01-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #93
Expert Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
Penton sir,

... why waste the money on a hellhole like AVS? have they done anything to deserve more money and support?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #94

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar5 View Post
So Zohn runs ads there... Hello, talk about a conflict of interest, no wonder those zealots deleted the posts.

That has got to be the most hypocritical site in all of Audio Visual land.....

Man just leave, and convince others to do the same. Let them wallow in their fud.
I've asked myself the same question, why on earth is an internet retailer the size of Value Electronics allowed to post on the insider thread...

Then I noticed the ads.

Furthermore, the A-man, who is no longer in the business, is still allowed to post.

I certainly appreciate Penton going over there and trying to tell the truth, however, AVS has become an absolute sham. Deleted posts and locked threads only seem to occur when BD enters the conversation in a positive light.

Funny how that works.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #95
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiksuicide View Post
I am already working on it, as soon as I get the jacket Ill start. So is Rob going to do sexy photo shoot too?
He actually received something of a Blu-ray nature back in the past when people were paying close to $1,000 or so for them on e-bay.

I pray he never does a sexy photo shoot with it.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #96

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanleche View Post
seems they were desperate for a new fud spewing "insider" and got this new schmuck all gung ho, will the fud never quit?
I think that even after Paramount and Universal stop producing HD DVD titles and HD DVD becomes a trivia word on some board game, you will have some people posting online mimicking the behavior of those Japanese soldiers (who were living on deserted islands) still fighting WWII because they were never informed or refused to believe that the war was over.

What is irritating to me is that when some people like Bill Hunt have the stones to take a stand (Blu-ray) on its merits and he is chastised on some pro HD DVD venues, the same unethical nonsense is played out with other personalities to try to discredit their preference. They pulled a similar smack down on Steven Spielberg then Michael Bay and now it seems the newest target is TK over at Home Media Magazine.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #97

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Clock View Post
I think you're about to end up in a circular conversation with this supposed "Insider" over there, which is never a good sign...................
-John
I donít plan on *engaging* any of those people in an extended debate as that is what they desire to give credence to their presence and beliefs.

When somebody PMís me about some overt *misconception* that is being floated somewhere and I have personal knowledge that it is incorrect, I will state the truth once and perhaps answer one follow-up question.

That is it.

Non-biased forum readers should reflect back on past statements by all insiders and members who claimed online in forums and even publicly that they were ďneutralĒ despite their actions to the contrary and now that desperation is setting in, some are not even hiding their bias.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #98

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkar View Post
Grubert had posted corroborating your version but his post now seems to be deleted.
I'm pretty sure that some people other than Grubert that were looking forward to that conference noted that Uni and Paramount were originally Gold sponsors.

I'm happy to know though, that Grubert had the good memory to recall the specifics and the fortitude to back me up online.

Last edited by Penton-Man; 01-17-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #99

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aygie View Post
AVS and its gone already, truly pathetic.

Penton why do you put up with it?
In this case, I didnít like Tom Arnoldís (Home Media Magazine) name being dragged through the mud esp. when it was without merit.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #100

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
In this case, I didnít like Tom Arnoldís (Home Media Magazine) name being dragged through the mud esp. when it was without merit.
Sorry, I canít answer any more questions.
Iím hungry.
Itís lunchtime.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion