Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21
11 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.92

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 06-25-2016, 12:52 AM   #1
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama
Default 3D Awards?

Over the years awards show have added categories like sound editing and best FX. I think the time has come that they need to add a category for best over all 3D presentation. With this it may give studios/film makers added incentive to up the ante on the 3D efforts.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (06-26-2016), MercurySeven (06-25-2016), Paul H (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

I agree Hardkore.
I believe BleedOrange or another member here has a direct source for an annual 3D awards show.

Here are some other awards for best 3D annually.

http://www.chinokino.com/2015/01/the...ts-awards.html
2015 awards

Old link from 2011
http://www.awn.com/news/3d-society-awards-dragons-tron

And our own forum awards:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...hlight=3d+2015
Old 06-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #3

Aug 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand

Could not agree with you more.....BUT the biggest thing is that those who judge the "industry" are more than likely in the frame of mind that 3d is a limited time gimmick!

How do WE suggest to those in the awards industry that they add such a category.

I'm sure that it would benefit 3d film-making immensely if a "Best 3d Movie" award was up for grabs

Chris
Old 06-25-2016, 03:06 AM   #4
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzScreamindemon View Post
Could not agree with you more.....BUT the biggest thing is that those who judge the "industry" are more than likely in the frame of mind that 3d is a limited time gimmick!

How do WE suggest to those in the awards industry that they add such a category.

I'm sure that it would benefit 3d film-making immensely if a "Best 3d Movie" award was up for grabs

Chris
My first thought was that something like The Peoples Choice Awards or something similar where the actual people/fans/viewers cast their votes,not a bunch of judges.

Second,lets not say best 3D movie because not all movies are that good, but rather 3D presentation.

Example...Captain America: Civil War was a good movie but not so on the 3D. Yet Captain America: The First Avenger wasn't exactly a favorite among all people but the 3D was much better.

It doesn't to have lots of pop outs but some would be nice.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:37 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

This is the best society for 3D awards:
http://www.advancedimagingsociety.co...x?webpage=4260

There are some yearly threads in the 3D Technology, News, General Discussion subforum discussing them.
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (06-28-2016), Zivouhr (06-25-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 08:35 PM   #6

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
Over the years awards show have added categories like sound editing and best FX. I think the time has come that they need to add a category for best over all 3D presentation. With this it may give studios/film makers added incentive to up the ante on the 3D efforts.
good idea. However, the industry and critics seem to always be against what the majority of people like.

That's why when color movies became popular, most critics and "artsy" type of people considered movies good only if they were black and white.

When 16mm film came out, it was an amateur format for the general public. the "critics" and "artsy" types poo pooed 16mm as inferior.

then once the general public stopped using it in favor of 8mm film, all of a sudden, the critics and "artsy" types now considered 16mm film great.

The same with super 8 film. Originaly an amateur format, the critics and "artsy types" poo pooed it as inferior. But after the majority of the population abandoned it in favor of vhs camcorders, all of a sudden, the same critics and same "artsy" type people now consider super 8 film a great professional medium.

And most ridiculous of all, now that the majority of the population favor digital with perfect good clean images, (even though some of the film industry uses digital), the "critics" and "artsy" types now poo poo digital and consider only the lomokino as great professional moviemaking!!!

WTH???!!! The lomokino is the most awful "movie camera" I ever saw and I don't consider it a real movie camera at all. I don't even consider it a movie camera at all.

And what my photography college professor did when he saw my 3-D photos (which did NOT require any glasses to view).... grrrr......

But that's another story.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion