Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (2 hours left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (3 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
17 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 11-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #181

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubrickKurasawa View Post
Streaming super HD Netflix is 5-7mb. 4k being 25 is a pretty good jump for those.

Streaming is the quick and nasty way.
25 Mbps is the minimum bandwidth Netflix recommends to have a smooth buffer-free experience. But the actual data stream is 15 Mbps max.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #182

Jul 2007
The Netherlands

I really hope Disney gets their act together next year because after seeing Moana yesterday I want it on UltraHD disc together with Doctor Strange and Star Wars
Old 11-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #183

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint van der Vaart View Post
I really hope Disney gets their act together next year because after seeing Moana yesterday I want it on UltraHD disc together with Doctor Strange and Star Wars
Pretty much any Marvel movie, along with Pixar movies, should look GORGEOUS in 4K. I'd LOVE to see Guardians of the Galaxy in 4K, along with Dr. Strange, the Star Wars films, and pretty much the entire Pixar library.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #184
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkedgex View Post
Again, the discs are only a small part of the equation: the ability to syndicate and stream the show in HD or better is the long game here. Right now the only shows they can broadcast or stream in HD are TOS, TAS and TNG. If they expect to get more revenue from DS9 and VOY, they're going to need to make an investment.
Insiders have been saying for a while now that broadcast and streaming is not some super gold mine for old shows in HD like you guys keep saying. I believe one directly stated broadcasters couldn't care less, while streamers were said to appreciate an HD upgrade but don't care enough to pay real money for it. If remastering TNG brought in a ton of cash money don't you think they would have kept the crew employed and done DS9 and VOY right after? Maybe with upscaled effects like X-Files, but they would have done it if the money was raining in.

Whether people want to admit it or not the disc sales were expected to bring in profit that justified the remaster, but did not. It is what it is. Maybe the complete series set will sell enough at bargain basement prices to put DS9 done cheaply on the table, or maybe they will get around to it eventually for archive purposes, but the disc sales directly impacting the remaster chances was said over and over by insiders and was not a lie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists