Best PC Game Deals

Best PC Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: A Dog's Purpose $8.99 (80% claimed)
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (4 hours left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (18% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Overwatch (PC)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Red Faction: Armageddon (PC)
$5.95

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
$18.20

Fallen Earth: Blood Sports (PC)
$7.52

Fallout 76 (PC)
$79.99

Civilization VI (PC)
$36.08

Destiny 2 (PC)
$178.36

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$59.99

Starcraft II Battle Chest (PC)
$29.96

Diablo III (PC)
$17.44

Fallout 76 (PC)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming

Old 03-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state
Thumbs down Brace yourself for a solid state drive price hike of 10 percent or more

NAND flash shortage will cause SSD prices to rise once again.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #2

Nov 2008
Warwickshire, UK

I do find these sorts of moaning threads quite boring now, like if fuel (stupid people call a liquid 'gas') prices rise. We get people bemoaning this & that..how government is gaining more profits. But you still need to buy fuel for our cars so shut up & plan your journeys to save on the overall trips during the week. As with this link; if you need a SSD-HD you will have to pay more money!?!? There is of course alternatives but that's too obvious for some as they have been programmed to only buy 'the best kit'. No really, without gaining a new ban from the high-council of these here forums. If you are the type of person who scans pc-gamer for you're intellectual acumen & follows their decreed ink/words like its etched in stone. So be it but most of us prefer a less 'paid for advertisement' style of journalism. Sites that have free kit to win & make the easily coerced clamor for the crumbs of the corporate sponsors deserves little if any advice on how too live there lives as they are clearly unhinged individuals in the first place.

Shortages in commodities take place all the time, sometimes they are actually orchestrated by the makers to allow the market (free market?) to speculate & gain profits. All at the behest of those who need the product, so do you need a SSD wingman?
Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #3
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Glad I already made the transition to full SSD. Got my 750GB MX300 and 480GB BPX NVMe while they were on sale for some pretty good prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunZenBomZ View Post
I do find these sorts of moaning threads quite boring now, like if fuel (stupid people call a liquid 'gas') prices rise. We get people bemoaning this & that..how government is gaining more profits. But you still need to buy fuel for our cars so shut up & plan your journeys to save on the overall trips during the week. As with this link; if you need a SSD-HD you will have to pay more money!?!? There is of course alternatives but that's too obvious for some as they have been programmed to only buy 'the best kit'. No really, without gaining a new ban from the high-council of these here forums. If you are the type of person who scans pc-gamer for you're intellectual acumen & follows their decreed ink/words like its etched in stone. So be it but most of us prefer a less 'paid for advertisement' style of journalism. Sites that have free kit to win & make the easily coerced clamor for the crumbs of the corporate sponsors deserves little if any advice on how too live there lives as they are clearly unhinged individuals in the first place.

Shortages in commodities take place all the time, sometimes they are actually orchestrated by the makers to allow the market (free market?) to speculate & gain profits. All at the behest of those who need the product, so do you need a SSD wingman?
Feel better now?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Glad I already made the transition to full SSD. Got my 750GB MX300 and 480GB BPX NVMe while they were on sale for some pretty good prices.

Feel better now?
I'm glad my 480GB SSD is nowhere to being full (I'm down to about 370GB-375GB)
Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state
Thumbs down Get ready for another spike in DDR4 memory pricing

RAM pricing is rising higher than anticipated.

I'm so glad that I have 16GB of DD4 @ 3000MHz.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming