Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$16.71

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.49

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Guitar Hero Live (Wii U)
$60.28

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$42.12

Tumblestone (Wii U)
$21.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 02-01-2018, 02:23 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York
Default The Mario Movie by Illumination is Happening! + Other Details from the Nintendo Finan

The Mario Movie by Illumination is Happening! + Other Details from the Nintendo Financial Briefing

Old 02-01-2018, 02:28 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Can’t wait to see this. Always wanted a cartoon style Mario movie. The live action one they did years ago is ok and I watch it atleast once a year.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Can’t wait to see this. Always wanted a cartoon style Mario movie. The live action one they did years ago is ok and I watch it atleast once a year.
The problem with the 1993 movie is the conflict between the directors and Nintendo. Nintendo wanted a kids movie, but Annabel Jankel and Rocky Morton wanted an adult movie (which is why they hired real strippers for one of the scenes). I don't know if you heard John Leguizamo talk about making the movie, but it was quite the fiasco.

Hopefully this animated movie will be great. There are things you can do in animation that are pretty difficult to pull off with special effects in a live-action movie.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:21 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
The problem with the 1993 movie is the conflict between the directors and Nintendo. Nintendo wanted a kids movie, but Annabel Jankel and Rocky Morton wanted an adult movie (which is why they hired real strippers for one of the scenes). I don't know if you heard John Leguizamo talk about making the movie, but it was quite the fiasco.

Hopefully this animated movie will be great. There are things you can do in animation that are pretty difficult to pull off with special effects in a live-action movie.
No I never heard what he had to say about the making of that movie. But yeah I agree Iíve always thought Mario should have gotten an animated movie cause they would I be able to do things that are in the game. I have 10% faith in Illumination will do a great job all 3 of their Despicable Me movies was great to watch.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:46 AM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
all 3 of their Despicable Me movies was great to watch.
I haven't seen the 3rd one yet, but I enjoyed the first two. I thought Minions sucked though.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:59 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
I haven't seen the 3rd one yet, but I enjoyed the first two. I thought Minions sucked though.
Yeah Minions was bad. But Nintendo will be heavily involved in this so they wonít let them mess this up. The CEO of Nintendo is co-producer and Nintendo is also financing the movie so the retain enough control of it. I seen that on IGN.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

If you have (almost) 24 minutes to spare, here’s a cynical view of Illumination.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
If you have (almost) 24 minutes to spare, hereís a cynical view of Illumination.

The Mario Movie by Illumination is a Bad Idea - w/ IHE - YouTube
Those guys fail to understand that Nintendo is going to have more control over this movie then Illumination will.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Those guys fail to understand that Nintendo is going to have more control over this movie then Illumination will.
True, Shigeru Miyamoto is going to be a co-producer on the movie. I doubt he’d let any foolishness happen.

Also Tatsumi Kimishima (CEO of Nintendo) is too much of a strict businessman to let anything bad happen to the Nintendo image.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
True, Shigeru Miyamoto is going to be a co-producer on the movie. I doubt he’d let any foolishness happen.

Also Tatsumi Kimishima (CEO of Nintendo) is too much of a strict businessman to let anything bad happen to the Nintendo image.
That why I have 100% faith in this movie cause they have 2 people who actually cares about their property involved and who has control.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo