Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
17 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
17 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$33.03

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 07-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #541

Feb 2012
Ontario, Canada

Congrats Portugal!
Old 07-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #542
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Congrats to Portugal. Well deserved win.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #543
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Another Portugal game finishes as a draw after 90 minutes. What. A. Surprise. You purists must be over the moon at such a "tactical" final, but me? Zzzzzzzzz....
Correct me if I’m wrong but thee only player I saw from either team take off his jersey immediately after the match was some guy who played for about 8 min. and then limped around at half speed for another 15 min. or so, then was substituted for and became a visible cheerleader after getting his knee wrapped....but not iced.

Narcissism to the Nth degree . Television is a double edged sword, it brings us the matches without having to/or being able to attend, but it’s also brought too much amateurish dramatics to the game. I don’t know if any of you guys played at University level but we all loved the game as much as these pros do and we all got injured as bad (or worse) than these pros do on TV and none of us used to react like that (and I’m not singling out Ronaldo here, who really could need surgery if the MR shows a meniscal or ACL tear…..this behavior applies to a lot of modern day pro (I’m on television) players all over the world). Alternatively, watch some of the stages of the Tour de France and the crashes where riders get hurt badly and see how they react.

I really enjoyed Iceland play as they embodied authenticity to the sport without all the associated melodramatics.

Rant over.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #544

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
Rant over.
Almost.

And don’t get me started on some of horsesh*t acting that goes on when some of these pro players miss a close shot or header on goal. What ever happened to the quick turn around, get back on defense to help out your mates....without all the emotion expressed for a missed shot for the TV audiences.

Yesterday in the mountains, Contador had to abandon the Tour (much more significant moment than missing a shot on goal and you guys should see how professionally (and authentically) he responded to that.

My hat goes off to players (from whatever team) who don’t play for the TV cameras.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #545
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

It made me laugh when he was pacing back and forth in the technical area, barking out instructions and whatnot. The guy is the BIGGEST media ***** in a game filled with such tarts, and that's saying something.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #546
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but thee only player I saw from either team take off his jersey immediately after the match was some guy who played for about 8 min. and then limped around at half speed for another 15 min. or so, then was substituted for and became a visible cheerleader after getting his knee wrapped....but not iced.

Narcissism to the Nth degree . Television is a double edged sword, it brings us the matches without having to/or being able to attend, but it’s also brought too much amateurish dramatics to the game. I don’t know if any of you guys played at University level but we all loved the game as much as these pros do and we all got injured as bad (or worse) than these pros do on TV and none of us used to react like that (and I’m not singling out Ronaldo here, who really could need surgery if the MR shows a meniscal or ACL tear…..this behavior applies to a lot of modern day pro (I’m on television) players all over the world). Alternatively, watch some of the stages of the Tour de France and the crashes where riders get hurt badly and see how they react.

I really enjoyed Iceland play as they embodied authenticity to the sport without all the associated melodramatics.

Rant over.
Quote:
Almost.

And don’t get me started on some of horsesh*t acting that goes on when some of these pro players miss a close shot or header on goal. What ever happened to the quick turn around, get back on defense to help out your mates....without all the emotion expressed for a missed shot for the TV audiences.

Yesterday in the mountains, Contador had to abandon the Tour (much more significant moment than missing a shot on goal and you guys should see how professionally (and authentically) he responded to that.

My hat goes off to players (from whatever team) who don’t play for the TV cameras.
Can you stop being so petty with these worthless observations, jeez? Can you do something as simple as JUST be happy about other people's success? Or maybe your side didn't win?
Old 07-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #547
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Phreak View Post
Can you stop being so petty with these worthless observations, jeez? Can you do something as simple as JUST be happy about other people's success? Or maybe your side didn't win?
He's American. AFAIK they weren't entered into Euro 2016.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:00 PM   #548

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Phreak View Post
Hardly that,

I love soccer success stories…. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...89830&page=413 and the sport itself, and I was completely neutral as to the finalists….....well for full disclosure as to any possible bias other than after seeing him play in La Liga and Champions, I’d love Arsenal some day to woe Griezmann….yeah that would be when pigs fly.

Plus. as a matter of fact, as an outsider (Geoff is correct ) all the teams I favored going in (with the exception of England) actually did better than I’d expected. But you’re right, given to how Ronaldo responded on camera to the *knock*, after a quick Joe Public internet search it seems initially I completely over estimated his injury…..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nee-and-return from the valgus stress.

I do wish however I could purchase a wall sized poster for my bedroom of him with his national team jersey off after the match. That jersey must have been soooo sweaty after 8 min. of match fit play.

Maybe you’re not happy with athletes who don’t pose for TV cameras and get on with business…..

Old 07-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #549
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It made me laugh when he was pacing back and forth in the technical area, barking out instructions and whatnot. The guy is the BIGGEST media ***** in a game filled with such tarts, and that's saying something.
He is a bit of a berk, I'll grant you, but then, I had actually wished he'd get injured before the game began, so then, I felt bad after seeing the look on his face.

Still, I'm sure he'll get no shortage of quality care from the world's top models/socialites doctors to suck and f**k him take the sting out of it as much as they can. And I'm sure he'll give it another go at the World Cup and add several million Euros to his accounts in the process, so in the end, it's hard to feel that bad.

Quote:
Hardly that,

[Show spoiler]I love soccer success stories…. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...89830&page=413 and the sport itself, and I was completely neutral as to the finalists….....well for full disclosure as to any possible bias other than after seeing him play in La Liga and Champions, I’d love Arsenal some day to woe Griezmann….yeah that would be when pigs fly.

Plus. as a matter of fact, as an outsider (Geoff is correct ) all the teams I favored going in (with the exception of England) actually did better than I’d expected. But you’re right, given to how Ronaldo responded on camera to the *knock*, after a quick Joe Public internet search it seems initially I completely over estimated his injury…..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nee-and-return from the valgus stress.

I do wish however I could purchase a wall sized poster for my bedroom of him with his national team jersey off after the match. That jersey must have been soooo sweaty after 8 min. of match fit play.

Maybe you’re not happy with athletes who don’t pose for TV cameras and get on with business…..

Well, when they've got a ton of fresh red blood pumping through their bodies, it doesn't surprise me that they can take a licking and keep on ticking.

Just kidding, but Broken Lance really damaged that sport big time, so it will need decades to recover any credibility, really. Which is all the worse for those like this Contador, to whom I shall tip my hat, but also have to give the benefit of the doubt.

But to get back to Euro, it has not been a great one, with a depressingly poor England. But I'm very happy for Iceland, and of course Northern Ireland, and even Scotland, who didn't play. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone else of note that lives nearby...

Last edited by McCrutchy; 07-12-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:51 PM   #550
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL

This sh*t is hilarious.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #551
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
This sh*t is hilarious.

I'll bet the uploader intentionally cut the video off right at that point, too, just for the effect of freezing on that frame.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #552
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Hardly that,

I love soccer success stories…. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...89830&page=413 and the sport itself, and I was completely neutral as to the finalists….....well for full disclosure as to any possible bias other than after seeing him play in La Liga and Champions, I’d love Arsenal some day to woe Griezmann….yeah that would be when pigs fly.

Contador Climbs a Mountain on a Broken Leg - YouTube
I agree that cyclists are absolute warriors for what they put their bodies through, but I don't know if Contador is the best example given his past. I love cycling, and I wish it were more popular here in the United States.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #553
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
I'll bet the uploader intentionally cut the video off right at that point, too, just for the effect of freezing on that frame.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #554

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I agree that cyclists are absolute warriors for what they put their bodies through, but I don't know if Contador is the best example given his past. I love cycling, and I wish it were more popular here in the United States.
I just used him as a quick reference. Fact is, Contador isn’t a total anomaly, e.g. Cancellara rode 30 miles to finish the stage after this crash…. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tour-de-france and for those who don’t follow the sport, countless other riders over the years have ridden with acutely broken collar bones.

But back to the Euro, as I found some value in watching the tournament, despite some of the things this journalist wrote….http://www.eurosport.com/football/eu...08/story.shtml

It is ironic though to read (about mid-page down) what Figo said back in 2004 about that final.

Last edited by Penton-Man; 07-14-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: to 'final'
Old 12-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #555
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Hibernia

Hey everyone is Euro 2016 highlights/all the goals available anywhere on bluray?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #556
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Hibernia

...has an "All The Goals" type bluray been released anywhere for this tournament yet?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports