Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: A Dog's Purpose $8.99 (92% claimed)
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (4 hours left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (24% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$17.07

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.49

Splatoon (Wii U)
$54.45

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$36.98

Tumblestone (Wii U)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 12-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #101
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoto View Post
Almost unanimously disappointed reception for the PSX classic could mean the N64 stepping up to take the acclaim. Or it could mean that the mini classic market aint as strong as we might think and Nintendo get cold feet.

Frankly, I'll take a machine with Kart 64 and Mario Golf plus one other good game and they can fill it up with total crap. It'll still be worth it.
Why would Nintendo get cold feet when they know their systems will sell. The main reason the PS1 Classic didn’t sell cause it had crappy list of games and they didn’t bother to released the dual shock controller with it and there’s no way it was worth $100. Nintendo atleast puts games on their systems that they know people want I’m sure if they didn’t have to deal with right issues we would get other game but atleast their systems can be hacked and add the other games.
Thanks given by:
Alhlan Ain Ajeeba (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #102
Power Member

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Both the nes and snes minis were super hot sellers,im shocked the n64 mini is still not announced They've came out in a span of 10 months,then silence for over a year. Makes zero sense.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #103
Power Member

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Why would Nintendo get cold feet when they know their systems will sell. The main reason the PS1 Classic didn’t sell cause it had crappy list of games and they didn’t bother to released the dual shock controller with it and there’s no way it was worth $100. Nintendo atleast puts games on their systems that they know people want I’m sure if they didn’t have to deal with right issues we would get other game but atleast their systems can be hacked and add the other games.
I will agree with you halfway, on the crappy list of games. Not on the dual shock controller missing. I can confidently say if this had 20 awesome games I would've bought the ps1 classic, I could care less about the dual shock,since it wasn't even there for the 1st few months of the ps1.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #104
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
I will agree with you halfway, on the crappy list of games. Not on the dual shock controller missing. I can confidently say if this had 20 awesome games I would've bought the ps1 classic, I could care less about the dual shock,since it wasn't even there for the 1st few months of the ps1.
Some games require the dual shock to play like games like Driver. That should have been on the PS1 without a doubt.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:25 PM   #105
Expert Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
I still can't figure out why anyone cares about hacking any of these things. What's the advantage of playing unofficially supported games on an official console versus playing unofficially supported games on an unofficially supported device? This was even more puzzling with NES and SNES since they've had near-perfect emulators since the late 90s.
Longevity maybe? You don't have to worry about a new version or major update to windows breaking the emulation. Plus it's easier to use the original controller on the classic.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #106

Feb 2017

My guess is that it's coming eventually. The same tech used for Nes/Snes classic wouldn't work as well with n64 games. Might also be trying to work out a deal with Microsoft for some of those Rare games. If so, don't hold your breath for Goldeneye. Both companies are in good terms. They may just be taking their time to do it right, unlike Sony. It seems like a no brainer, so I reckon it will be here eventually. Maybe by next holiday season?
Old 12-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #107
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Longevity maybe? You don't have to worry about a new version or major update to windows breaking the emulation. Plus it's easier to use the original controller on the classic.
Iíd rather get a Raspberry Pi for ROM loading. Iím keeping my NES and SNES Classics stock.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:26 PM   #108
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Why would Nintendo get cold feet when they know their systems will sell...
Because they might see the PS1 classic failure as an indication that the retro console market has stalled. They might have been planning to price the N64 higher than the PS classic, which would not be wise if the cheaper option didn't sell and isn't considered good value.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #109
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Because they might see the PS1 classic failure as an indication that the retro console market has stalled. They might have been planning to price the N64 higher than the PS classic, which would not be wise if the cheaper option didn't sell and isn't considered good value.
No, the PS Classic failed because Sony screwed it up. That is the bottom line and is on them. I have no doubt that the N64 Classic will be a solid console. Nintendo knows what they are doing.
Thanks given by:
Wingman1977 (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #110
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Ps1 classic failed because it was priced to high and they used crap ports of the games. Everyone saw it for what it was a cash grab off the success of Nintendo's NES and SNES classic
Thanks given by:
Chloenator (12-28-2018), El Rey (12-28-2018), InuYashaCrusade (12-28-2018), Region_unlocked (12-28-2018), Wingman1977 (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #111
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Ps1 classic failed because it was priced to high and they used crap ports of the games. Everyone saw it for what it was a cash grab off the success of Nintendo's NES and SNES classic
Game selection was also an issue. Nintendo's consoles had a good chunk of what many considered to be the consoles best games. Sony's retro machine had a bunch of good games, but for sure not the console's best games. They also made the weird decision to include 2 original PS1 controllers, the kind with no analog sticks, which makes a few of the games all but unplayable in this day and age.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #112
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region_unlocked View Post
Game selection was also an issue. Nintendo's consoles had a good chunk of what many considered to be the consoles best games. Sony's retro machine had a bunch of good games, but for sure not the console's best games. They also made the weird decision to include 2 original PS1 controllers, the kind with no analog sticks, which makes a few of the games all but unplayable in this day and age.
As for the controllers, it makes sense. The Duelshock wasnít introduced until 3 years after the console launched.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #113
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
As for the controllers, it makes sense. The Duelshock wasnít introduced until 3 years after the console launched.
It makes sense for accuracy's sake, but I doubt people would've begrudged licence being taken for playability reasons.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #114
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region_unlocked View Post
It makes sense for accuracy's sake, but I doubt people would've begrudged licence being taken for playability reasons.
The ironic thing is the "Classic" isn’t using an accurate design anyway. The L2/R2 buttons are taken from the Duelshock controller. The original had narrow buttons.

Basically Sony couldn’t get anything right with the Classic, not even the controller.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #115

Jan 2012

Nintendo could release a system that had nothing but Mario64 on it and it would sell more than Sony's PS Classic. I had the Sony system on pre-order until the game list was announced. It was the game list alone that made me cancel. When it was also revealed that many of the games were 50Hz PAL versions that killed any interest whatsoever that I had in it.
Thanks given by:
Super Nintendo (03-13-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo