Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
22 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
5 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
22 hrs ago
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.00
10 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.61

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #121
Power Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Aus 4K listing for Live by Night has been removed by JB Hi-Fi. It's cancelled in Australia.

Germany is indeed our final hope for a 4K release.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #122

Sep 2013

Zavvi has it for pre-order with a release date of May 22nd. So maybe this isn't cancelled in the UK either? https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/live-b...n=AffiliateWin
Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #123

Apr 2016
Leeds, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEArgumedo View Post
Zavvi has it for pre-order with a release date of May 22nd. So maybe this isn't cancelled in the UK either? https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/live-b...n=AffiliateWin
So did Amazon UK but that has since been removed.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #124

May 2011
Tulsa

Just discovered that the UHD HDR Atmos version of Live by Night is available from the Kaleidescape Store. I have a Kscape Strato and would be interested in buying and downloading this title if I could hear something good about it. Has anybody here seen the film and thinks highly enough of it to recommend it to me? Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Don't want to spend my money on a complete dog, but I liked everything Affleck directed before this latest one. In fact, I loved both Gone Baby Gone and Argo. By the way, Live by Night is based on a Dennis Lehane novel, as was Gone Baby Gone.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #125
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Just discovered that the UHD HDR Atmos version of Live by Night is available from the Kaleidescape Store. I have a Kscape Strato and would be interested in buying and downloading this title if I could hear something good about it. Has anybody here seen the film and thinks highly enough of it to recommend it to me? Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Don't want to spend my money on a complete dog, but I liked everything Affleck directed before this latest one. In fact, I loved both Gone Baby Gone and Argo. By the way, Live by Night is based on a Dennis Lehane novel, as was Gone Baby Gone.
I enjoyed the movie completely. Excellent cinematography. Colorful throwback to the gangster films of the thirties and forties. There is 1 plot element that may have been intended as a surprise twist but if you see more than two movies a year, you'll see it coming right from the start. The Blu-ray is extremely sharp and detailed and colors are lush especially when they are in Florida. I don't need a UHD version when this one looks as good as it does. (Personally, the last thing the movie needs are more artificially exaggerated colors.) I won't say it's on the level of Affleck's previous films but his script made me even more bummed that Warner Bros won't be using his (and Terrio's) Batman screenplay.

Last edited by film11; 05-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #126

May 2011
Tulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
I enjoyed the movie completely. Excellent cinematography. Colorful throwback to the gangster films of the thirties and forties. There is 1 plot element that may have been intended as a surprise twist but if you see more than two movies a year, you'll see it coming right from the start. The Blu-ray is extremely sharp and detailed and colors are lush especially when they are in Florida. I don't need a UHD version when this one looks as good as it does. (Personally, the last thing the movie needs are more artificially exaggerated colors.) I won't say it's on the level of Affleck's previous films but his script made me even more bummed that Warner Bros won't be using his (and Terrio's) Batman screenplay.
Thanks to your recommendation, I think i'll be buying the UHD HDR version from the Kaleidescape store. I always like the HDR look and this won't be the first time I have blind bought a UHD HDR Atmos film from the Kscape store. Affleck is not a great actor, to put it gently, but he is a two time Oscar winner, one for Best Original Screenplay (Goodwill Hunting) and the other for Best Picture (Argo). This looks like a safer bet than some of my blind buys.

Thanks again for your tip!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #127
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Affleck is not a great actor, to put it gently,
And his performance here won't change your mind. I might have preferred a different actor in the lead role.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #128

May 2011
Tulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
And his performance here won't change your mind. I might have preferred a different actor in the lead role.
I will make a confession here: I would have preferred another (Better?) actor in almost anything I have seen Affleck star in, which he has also directed. Exhibit A is his Best Actor Oscar winning brother Casey's brilliant performance in Gone Baby Gone. Nevertheless, Affleck is one hell of a writer and director.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #129
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

So, the German pre-order is still listed? Why is this in the wishlist area?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #130

Jun 2008
Craigieburn,Vic Australia
Send a message via MSN to Seiko1

At least the Australian Blu-Ray has DOLBY ATMOS and DTS 5.1, well done Warner Bros :-)
Old 05-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #131

Nov 2009

I saw the Blu-ray disc version of this the other day. The movie was a lot better than expected. I can see the valid complaints about the performance of Affleck; it's almost as if they tried to manufacture "seriousness" and compensated/confused this by just making Affleck emotionless and monotone. In comparison, if you watch a movie like Arbitrage (Richard Gere) or A Most Violent Year (Oscar Isaac), you can genuinely feel the severity of their situation escalate and their character about to burst due to the emotional stress.

Anyway, everythign else was great. The cinematography, the sound design, the details of the aesthetics. It was a fine gangster film and although derivative (isn't almost everything once we get to a certain age?) it was well done in general that no way should this be a 17% on RT

p.s.- the blu-ray presentation is reference quality. It's so sharp, detailed, colorful, and great night/shadow scenes, that I am not dying to have this in UHD anymore.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #132
Power Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Probably predictable, but suddenly the German 4K listing has changed to "Currently Unavailable", and they don't know when it will be in stock. So, it's cancelled. What a damn shame.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #133
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2008

What, you mean I won't have to pay some hilarious price for Ben Affleck's Heaven's Gate?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #134

Feb 2017

Anyone know if they actually released the German copy of this?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #135
Power Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTurtle711 View Post
Anyone know if they actually released the German copy of this?
As per my post just a couple of posts up, no. It was cancelled.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:41 AM   #136
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Studios love releasing upconverts but they didn't bother with a new film with a 4K DI..

Yet Emoji Movie, Gods of Egypt, etc will get released.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Did this ever get released in 4k anywhere? Asking for a friend.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #138
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Did this ever get released in 4k anywhere?
No, not physically. There is a 4K version on at least iTunes.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #139
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
No, not physically. There is a 4K version on at least iTunes.
Awesome!

I will go that route then.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists