Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (96% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (76% claimed)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (72% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (58% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (47% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (26% claimed)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (20% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93
 
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
12 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
32 min ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$12.79
1 hr ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #421
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Everyone screaming about a robbery are being melodramatic.

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer iíve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like itís unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #422
ClownPrinceofCrime ClownPrinceofCrime is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2016
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Better then Morales / Barrera 1? I wont see the fight until Saturday on HBO
You won't be seeing it even then as it will be showing on Showtime.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #423
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
United Kingdom
126
4462
1209
9
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Everyone screaming about a robbery are being melodramatic.

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer iíve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like itís unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
You could make a case for Wilder being ahead, the two knock down rounds were likely 10-8s, and there were a few rounds with little happening, but that's it. At best, absolute best, Wilder could possibly have edged it. How anyone scores it 115-111 though is beyond me.

Fury will probably win the rematch. If anything he'll be even better prepared.

I doubt either will trouble AJ though TBH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #424
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Everyone screaming about a robbery are being melodramatic.

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer i’ve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like it’s unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
You can respect him all you like but let's honestly break a fight down. Wilder at best won 4 rounds. 2 by knockdown where Fury gets edged by 2 points for both rounds. Wilder maybe grabbed another 2 rounds for 10-9 scoring. Every other round he got his head boxed off.

At best, Wilder gets a 112-114 score and in favour of Fury as a winner.

The scoring system needs a recheck because Fury got back after 2 knockdowns and one very brutal one in the 12th and boxed wilders head off in the same rounds. If you saw something else in that fight where Wilder won, i don't know what to tell you. Thst write whose opinion you respect, i have none for. That's a bad score and opinion on his part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #425
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
You can respect him all you like but let's honestly break a fight down. Wilder at best won 4 rounds. 2 by knockdown where Fury gets edged by 2 points for both rounds. Wilder maybe grabbed another 2 rounds for 10-9 scoring. Every other round he got his head boxed off.

At best, Wilder gets a 112-114 score and in favour of Fury as a winner.

The scoring system needs a recheck because Fury got back after 2 knockdowns and one very brutal one in the 12th and boxed wilders head off in the same rounds. If you saw something else in that fight where Wilder won, i don't know what to tell you. Thst write whose opinion you respect, i have none for. That's a bad score and opinion on his part.
I donít feel bad for Tyson Fury.

I donít like the way he fights.

The guy is 6í 9Ē, 260 pounds and he fights like Floyd Mayweather.

Throws a lot jabs and pitter patter punches.

He got knocked down twice and came within a half second of getting knocked out.

When youíre that big you should be doing heavy damage and going for the kill at every opportunity.

...then you can complain about losing close decisions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #426
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
I donít feel bad for Tyson Fury.

I donít like the way he fights.

The guy is 6í 9Ē, 260 pounds and he fights like Floyd Mayweather.

Throws a lot jabs and pitter patter punches.

He got knocked down twice and came within a half second of getting knocked out.

When youíre that big you should be doing heavy damage and going for the kill at every opportunity.

...then you can complain about losing close decisions.
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility with that statement. You compared the way Fury fought to Mayweather who was known more for a defensive counter punch style. Fury gave a boxing masterclass, showed heart beyond anything i've seen in the ring from anybody let alone against a man who has KOd every fighter he's been in with including the one that took him the distance. Fury made Wilder look confused and ordinary.

He kept the best weapons of Deontay neutralised for 90% of the fight and when they did hit him, we recovered like a lion. You simply cannot compare any of the fights Mayweather really had to that masterclass by Fury. As for going for the kill, you clearly watch too much MMA and don't understand the way boxing as a sport by and large works. KO records are all good, but fights can be won on smart tactical point scoring boxing. KO wins are for when you really have a great opportunity to flatten a guy.

I'd love to see you as Tyson Fury step into that ring with Wilder who's 6'7" and do what he did, moved like he did and rightfully should have won as he did on scorecards.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Hazel Motes (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #427
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility with that statement. You compared the way Fury fought to Mayweather who was known more for a defensive counter punch style. Fury gave a boxing masterclass, showed heart beyond anything i've seen in the ring from anybody let alone against a man who has KOd every fighter he's been in with including the one that took him the distance. Fury made Wilder look confused and ordinary.

He kept the best weapons of Deontay neutralised for 90% of the fight and when they did hit him, we recovered like a lion. You simply cannot compare any of the fights Mayweather really had to that masterclass by Fury. As for going for the kill, you clearly watch too much MMA and don't understand the way boxing as a sport by and large works. KO records are all good, but fights can be won on smart tactical point scoring boxing. KO wins are for when you really have a great opportunity to flatten a guy.

I'd love to see you as Tyson Fury step into that ring with Wilder who's 6'7" and do what he did, moved like he did and rightfully should have won as he did on scorecards.
Tyson Fury a more masterful boxer than one of the greatest techcinal pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport.

..now who’s lost their credibility?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dirk504 (01-29-2019)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #428
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Tyson Fury a more masterful boxer than one of the greatest techcinal pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport.

..now who’s lost their credibility?
You mean the style everybody pretty much branded boring and not exciting to watch. Mayweather v Pacquiao was the greatest boxing con match of recent memory for fans. Fury v Wilder the most excitiing heavyweight match we've had in generations.

So no, i don't think i've lost credibility when i say masterclass when my meaning is to show a boxer who gave fans an amazing spectacle and boxed with true skill and grit. Mayweather never for me in the fights i watched of him has given that same feeling.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #429
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
289
2846
109
12
67
Default

I agree, Tyson/Wilder was an exciting event from Round 1 to Round 12. Usually i'm just hoping for some huge hits and a knockout in a flurry, but this showed what real boxing skills can do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #430
AndyWillson AndyWillson is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2019
Spain
Default

Tyson Fury is a unique and incomprehensible boxer. No injuries, out of boxing, drugs, returned and immediately to a high level with serious fighters. And how did you get up after knockdowns ... Cool fighter
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #431
AndyWillson AndyWillson is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2019
Spain
Default

Good luck to him in all and good exciting fights
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 AM   #432
travisbickle travisbickle is offline
Power Member
 
travisbickle's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
3
603
691
Default

AND THE NEW.....fat boy on a diet don't try it, Ruiz is the new HW champion!

AJ exposed. The guy's only notable win is a questionable stoppage over the old AF Klitschko.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 PM.