Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (96% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (76% claimed)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (72% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (58% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (47% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (26% claimed)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (20% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
12 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
32 min ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$12.79
1 hr ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #421
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Everyone screaming about a robbery are being melodramatic.

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer iíve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like itís unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #422
Banned

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Better then Morales / Barrera 1? I wont see the fight until Saturday on HBO
You won't be seeing it even then as it will be showing on Showtime.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #423
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer iíve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like itís unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
You could make a case for Wilder being ahead, the two knock down rounds were likely 10-8s, and there were a few rounds with little happening, but that's it. At best, absolute best, Wilder could possibly have edged it. How anyone scores it 115-111 though is beyond me.

Fury will probably win the rematch. If anything he'll be even better prepared.

I doubt either will trouble AJ though TBH.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #424
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:

Dan Rafael from ESPN scored it for Wilder and I respect his opinion as much as any boxing writer i’ve ever known.

You can disagree with him, but to act like it’s unthinkable that one of the judges had Wilder winning and one had it a draw, is over the top imo.
You can respect him all you like but let's honestly break a fight down. Wilder at best won 4 rounds. 2 by knockdown where Fury gets edged by 2 points for both rounds. Wilder maybe grabbed another 2 rounds for 10-9 scoring. Every other round he got his head boxed off.

At best, Wilder gets a 112-114 score and in favour of Fury as a winner.

The scoring system needs a recheck because Fury got back after 2 knockdowns and one very brutal one in the 12th and boxed wilders head off in the same rounds. If you saw something else in that fight where Wilder won, i don't know what to tell you. Thst write whose opinion you respect, i have none for. That's a bad score and opinion on his part.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #425
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
You can respect him all you like but let's honestly break a fight down. Wilder at best won 4 rounds. 2 by knockdown where Fury gets edged by 2 points for both rounds. Wilder maybe grabbed another 2 rounds for 10-9 scoring. Every other round he got his head boxed off.

At best, Wilder gets a 112-114 score and in favour of Fury as a winner.

The scoring system needs a recheck because Fury got back after 2 knockdowns and one very brutal one in the 12th and boxed wilders head off in the same rounds. If you saw something else in that fight where Wilder won, i don't know what to tell you. Thst write whose opinion you respect, i have none for. That's a bad score and opinion on his part.
I donít feel bad for Tyson Fury.

I donít like the way he fights.

The guy is 6í 9Ē, 260 pounds and he fights like Floyd Mayweather.

Throws a lot jabs and pitter patter punches.

He got knocked down twice and came within a half second of getting knocked out.

When youíre that big you should be doing heavy damage and going for the kill at every opportunity.

...then you can complain about losing close decisions.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #426
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
I donít feel bad for Tyson Fury.

I donít like the way he fights.

The guy is 6í 9Ē, 260 pounds and he fights like Floyd Mayweather.

Throws a lot jabs and pitter patter punches.

He got knocked down twice and came within a half second of getting knocked out.

When youíre that big you should be doing heavy damage and going for the kill at every opportunity.

...then you can complain about losing close decisions.
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility with that statement. You compared the way Fury fought to Mayweather who was known more for a defensive counter punch style. Fury gave a boxing masterclass, showed heart beyond anything i've seen in the ring from anybody let alone against a man who has KOd every fighter he's been in with including the one that took him the distance. Fury made Wilder look confused and ordinary.

He kept the best weapons of Deontay neutralised for 90% of the fight and when they did hit him, we recovered like a lion. You simply cannot compare any of the fights Mayweather really had to that masterclass by Fury. As for going for the kill, you clearly watch too much MMA and don't understand the way boxing as a sport by and large works. KO records are all good, but fights can be won on smart tactical point scoring boxing. KO wins are for when you really have a great opportunity to flatten a guy.

I'd love to see you as Tyson Fury step into that ring with Wilder who's 6'7" and do what he did, moved like he did and rightfully should have won as he did on scorecards.
Thanks given by:
Hazel Motes (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #427
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility with that statement. You compared the way Fury fought to Mayweather who was known more for a defensive counter punch style. Fury gave a boxing masterclass, showed heart beyond anything i've seen in the ring from anybody let alone against a man who has KOd every fighter he's been in with including the one that took him the distance. Fury made Wilder look confused and ordinary.

He kept the best weapons of Deontay neutralised for 90% of the fight and when they did hit him, we recovered like a lion. You simply cannot compare any of the fights Mayweather really had to that masterclass by Fury. As for going for the kill, you clearly watch too much MMA and don't understand the way boxing as a sport by and large works. KO records are all good, but fights can be won on smart tactical point scoring boxing. KO wins are for when you really have a great opportunity to flatten a guy.

I'd love to see you as Tyson Fury step into that ring with Wilder who's 6'7" and do what he did, moved like he did and rightfully should have won as he did on scorecards.
Tyson Fury a more masterful boxer than one of the greatest techcinal pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport.

..now who’s lost their credibility?
Thanks given by:
Dirk504 (01-29-2019)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #428
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Tyson Fury a more masterful boxer than one of the greatest techcinal pound for pound fighters in the history of the sport.

..now who’s lost their credibility?
You mean the style everybody pretty much branded boring and not exciting to watch. Mayweather v Pacquiao was the greatest boxing con match of recent memory for fans. Fury v Wilder the most excitiing heavyweight match we've had in generations.

So no, i don't think i've lost credibility when i say masterclass when my meaning is to show a boxer who gave fans an amazing spectacle and boxed with true skill and grit. Mayweather never for me in the fights i watched of him has given that same feeling.
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #429

May 2009
New Zealand

I agree, Tyson/Wilder was an exciting event from Round 1 to Round 12. Usually i'm just hoping for some huge hits and a knockout in a flurry, but this showed what real boxing skills can do.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #430
Banned

Mar 2019
Spain

Tyson Fury is a unique and incomprehensible boxer. No injuries, out of boxing, drugs, returned and immediately to a high level with serious fighters. And how did you get up after knockdowns ... Cool fighter
Old 03-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #431
Banned

Mar 2019
Spain

Good luck to him in all and good exciting fights
Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 AM   #432
Power Member

Sep 2009
Florida

AND THE NEW.....fat boy on a diet don't try it, Ruiz is the new HW champion!

AJ exposed. The guy's only notable win is a questionable stoppage over the old AF Klitschko.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports