Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
11 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 06-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #2221
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcakeuf6 View Post
Yeah, I know how to drive. That was a rear wheel loss of grip to the right at full speed for the situation, unlike the Vettel situation where he had slowed considerably having gone off track. The two really aren't the same at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=gqhX-ZzPhzo

You're the one that asked the question why someone would appear to turn into a wall they were trying to avoid.

Slowed considerably in a F1 car means going about 90mph. Coming off the grass at 90+ mph with dirty front tyres and too much lock on is going to send you straight on. You need to open up or even put opposite lock on to avoid the slide.

Quote:
Sounds like you have questions about F1's consistency. Which may be why so many are siding with Vettel, but Vettel, as I have said, has a pattern of issues.
Vettel's perceived "issues" had nothing to do with the decision.

Last edited by Martoto; 06-11-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #2222
Power Member

Nov 2008
-
-
Send a message via ICQ to yellowcakeuf6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoto View Post
You're the one that asked the question why someone would appear to turn into a wall they were trying to avoid.

Slowed considerably in a F1 car means going about 90mph. Coming off the grass at 90+ mph with dirty front tyres and too much lock on is going to send you straight on. You need to open up or even put opposite lock on to avoid the slide.

That was a rhetorical question which I immediately answered to get my point across. He steered toward the wall to block Hamilton. It was a blooooock!

Maybe Vettel's "issues" had nothing to do with the decision, so what did if he did nothing wrong? Conspiracy?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #2223
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Oops, looks like you're wrong again.

From the F1 website:

"The stewards reviewed video evidence and determined that Car 5, left the track at turn 3, rejoined the track at turn 4 in an unsafe manner and forced car 44 off track. Car 44 had to take evasive action to avoid a collision."

That lines up with exactly how I feel. I don't care if Vettel saw red or not, those are your words, it's about a very bad pattern of behavior.

Hayabusa85said:
"I hate Ferrari"

Congratulations.
Other than the fact that nowhere does that say he turned into Hamilton intentionally like you continue to pathetically try to claim about his oversteer correction. The case is if he came back on track too fast instead of lifting on the grass and coming back on track slower to the left. F1 cars don't handle grass well on top of there being very little room where they were. Hence the flaw in using a rule that is meant for wider open concrete areas where drivers have the grip and space to recover better. Again why some like Rosberg and Palmer are saying that technically under the rule the right decision was made but the rule itself being right is another question.

When Bottas spun in qualifying clipping the grass and kerb I guess he was really just having a temper tantrum hoping to disrupt the session according to your logic

Trolling, making homophobic insinuations....... yep really posting within the forum rules buddy

Last edited by dobyblue; 06-11-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #2224
Power Member

Nov 2008
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Other than the fact that nowhere does that say he turned into Hamilton intentionally like you continue to pathetically try to claim about his oversteer correction. The case is if he came back on track too fast instead of lifting on the grass and coming back on track slower to the left. F1 cars don't handle grass well on top of there being very little room where they were. Hence the flaw in using a rule that is meant for wider open concrete areas where drivers have the grip and space to recover better. Again why some like Rosberg and Palmer are saying that technically under the rule the right decision was made but the rule itself being right is another question.

When Bottas spun in qualifying clipping the grass and kerb I guess he was really just having a temper tantrum hoping to disrupt the session according to your logic

Trolling, making homophobic insinuations....... yep really posting within the forum rules buddy
I've said all I'm going to on this. I am never going to sway you, and you are never going to sway me. Let's give those who stumble into this mess a break. I will start by putting you on ignore so I don't have to see your posts anymore. Maybe you should do the same. Byyyye.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #2225
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Quote:
That was a rhetorical question which I immediately answered to get my point across. He steered toward the wall to block Hamilton. It was a blooooock!

Maybe Vettel's "issues" had nothing to do with the decision, so what did if he did nothing wrong? Conspiracy?
Yeah, sure, it's a conspiracy.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #2226
Power Member

Nov 2008
-
-

Quote:

I was kidding. Also, you didn't answer the question.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #2227
Power Member

Nov 2008
-
-

Quote:
Did Ricciardo receive a penalty when the RB behind him on the main straight had to back out or else go into either wall at top speed?
Quote:
Sounds like you have questions about F1's consistency. Which may be why so many are siding with Vettel, but Vettel, as I have said, has a pattern of issues.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was kidding. Also, you didn't answer the question.
You bring up an incident with Ricciardo intimating that he did basically the same thing and didn't get penalized, and you don't think they are looking closer at Vettel because of past on-track issues, so I'm trying to find out what you're saying. What is your point?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #2228
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

-------------------------------

Anyway, onto the important business. How was the picnic this year?

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 06-12-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #2229
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Friday, 09:34am

Friday, 11:22am...I'll never get tired of this view.

Friday, 12:57pm, in between sessions...$50+ worth of two different prosciuttos, spicy soppressatta, bottle of monastrell (Yecla region), small wheel of sauvagine cheese, fresh baguette picked up that morning from a boulangerie close to Station Frontenac, the best non-F1 moment of the week-end, haha. Although, that first moment sitting in your seat early in the morning knowing you're finally just an hour away from seeing F1 cars in person again from 15' away, pretty awesome.

Sunday, 2:08pm, introducing Vettel - the energy in the air at both the final moments of Q3 and the mins leading up to the start of the race is so awesome. This was my 18th Canadian Grand Prix, approx 15th from the front row at the hairpin...definitely one of my fave week-ends of each year.

Picked up a sweet Max t-shirt this year for only $60 taxes included, orange with Aston Martin RB Racing on the front and 33 Verstappen on the back. I have Williams, Ferrari and Mercedes (Schumacher-specific) t-shirts so this is the first time I've picked up a RB.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #2230

Sep 2018
Canada

Lucky bastard! Excellent choices on the nom noms.

Regarding Vettel/Hamilton situation the facts are:
1. Vettel made an error at the corner entry.
2. Hamilton had to back off the throttle.
3. Vettel retained his position after error.

Other than mixing charcuterie+cheese with a Heineken I see no controversy.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #2231
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
Lucky bastard! Excellent choices on the nom noms.

Other than mixing charcuterie+cheese with a Heineken I see no controversy.
lol, no mixing!

7am~7:45am - mimosas and Bailey's coffees with breakfast
7:45am~9:20am - packing and commuting to the track via IGA for ice
9:20am~12:35pm - Heinekens along with an occasional pre-made (that morning by my buddy and private chef, the one with the yellow Ferrari top) sandwich during F1 first free practise and Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Free Practise
12:35pm~2pm - charcuterie et fromage avec vin rouge a l'Espagne (yeah, I don't speak French lol), no racing sessions during this time. Good time to catch up with the folks around.
2pm~3:30pm - more Heinekens, one last sandwich during FP2.

I picked up one of these for the wine this year - https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stor...as-2015-276162

Very affordable, hits all the right notes.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #2232
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Wow, the idiots at Octane have announced ONLY via social media (not on the ticketing page where you can now renew your tickets) in comments at that (not as a main post) that for reasons of "safety" and "peace of mind" alcohol will no longer be permitted at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve other than that purchased on site.

48 pack of Heineken at CostCo works out to $1.19/can
Can of Heineken at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is $8.50/can

You can buy tequila, rum, etc., etc., etc., at the site, you can get good and f'n mashed up if you want, but as long as you don't bring it in? You can still bring in non-glass n/a beverages, so clearly the safety and peace of mind isn't from cannettes du biere (sp?) and given you can still purchase alcohol on site clearly the safety and peace of mind issues aren't related to people being drunk because short of puking right at the counter I can guarantee you no-one is refused service on island.

Corporate greed shining through. And really, they're going to dig through every cooler just to make sure you don't have one can of beer hidden amongst your colas and sparkling waters?

What a joke. Will have to contemplate whether 2020 will be my first screening at home on TSN of the Canadian race since 2000 or whether I say "f it" and try to get in something like a couple mickeys of rum buried at the bottom of a coolerful of PC Cane Colas. lol

Annoyed doesn't begin to cut it.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:50 AM   #2233
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Yep that is surely for “$$$afety”

Next up no outside food so they can sell $10 hot dogs to go with the watered down beer and $7.50 bottles of the cheapest bottled water brand. Just like NHL games.

If you do stay home next year don't watch it on TSN though. One of the few times you can enjoy it commercial free when ABC air it instead of ESPN and it is the same Sky feed

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 06-20-2019 at 05:18 AM.
Thanks given by:
dobyblue (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #2234
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Yep that is surely for “$$$afety”

Next up no outside food so they can sell $10 hot dogs to go with the watered down beer and $7.50 bottles of the cheapest bottled water brand. Just like NHL games.

If you do stay home next year don't watch it on TSN though. One of the few times you can enjoy it commercial free when ABC air it instead of ESPN and it is the same Sky feed
Oh sweet! Good to know!!

It's so frustrating because soooooooooooooooooo many people bring their own beverages and they're adult bevs, the line-ups will be atrocious.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #2235
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Old 06-24-2019, 02:04 AM   #2236
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
And 6x drivers champion

The races just keep getting more boring and then Ricciardo finally does the only interesting thing in the entire race and ends up with two penalties teaching everybody you are better to just follow the train and not attack.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #2237
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Ricciardo only deserved the second penalty. Afterall, on several tracks there'd be grass or a wall where he was when making the pass on the straight. The first one was bogus though but since they upheld the Vettel penalty they had no choice sadly.

They seriously need to revise the rulebook in addition to the aero heavy regulations.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #2238
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Really surprised to see the points being taken off, is that a mandatory component of the time penalty? If not, I think that's a bit steep considering the track, speeds and the run off area.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #2239
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Ricciardo only deserved the second penalty. Afterall, on several tracks there'd be grass or a wall where he was when making the pass on the straight. The first one was bogus though but since they upheld the Vettel penalty they had no choice sadly.

They seriously need to revise the rulebook in addition to the aero heavy regulations.
I would lean the opposite of the first being a bit more justifiable since it did have an impact on Norris at least while there was no advantage gained going off track on a straight and it didn't have a negative impact on Kimi. If anything going off track on a straight was a risk since he could have had a repeat of the Australian GP start where he lost the front wing. Both were weak penalties though but technically the correct calls. Unless somebody is gaining a massive advantage like cutting straight through a chicane they just need to let them race. There is enough issues with overtaking in modern F1.

---------------------------------

Just picked up my F1 2019 pre-order. Didn't realize it was Stroll and Hamilton on the Canadian cover instead of Vettel and Hamilton. Gross

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 06-28-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #2240
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Max sure did botch that start.

I don't know what is worse between the pathetic production this year or Ferrari consistently being complete idiots. Cutting to race start replays as a driver has just lined up an overtake and calling a driver into the pits without tyres ready both seem like things a five year old could do more competently

Edit: And Hamilton screwing up his race constantly going wide over the sausages. Guess the heat is making everybody screw something up. Gasly and Kubica as useless as usual so at least some things are going normal.

Edit: And queue TSN commercials while Max goes on the attack battling Vettel. Horrible 2nd stint pace from Ferrari. Had Max not botched the start he would be winning today. If Max can make short work of Bottas he could catch Leclerc possibly.

Edit: Unless the Honda engine fails him.

Edit: Seems they dodged a bullet.

Edit: An enjoyable race. Time for the stewards to **** it up again.

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 06-30-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Tags
formula 1, motorsport, racing, sports