Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
300: Rise of an Empire (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Dark Crystal (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Fantastic Beasts 2-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Labyrinth (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Green Hornet (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Italian Job (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Tully (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Witch (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 06-20-2019, 03:50 AM   #41

Nov 2010

Ending in Australia as well. I'm happy that we can migrate to Google Play, though my UV account is actually based in the US, so I expect to lose a lot of content either way TBH.
Thanks given by:
jay166 (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 AM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Hmmm... wonder if we'll be able to connect a US GPlay account to a UK Flixster account?
Old 06-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #43

Mar 2019

Well, so much for streaming services never shutting down..
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

We told people this would happen as others ditched their physical media collection in favour of streaming, but would they listen....

Streaming is a fanastic alternative to old fashioned rentals and subscription TV, but it's got no "collection" security.
Thanks given by:
Deadend45 (06-20-2019), Steedeel (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #45
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
We told people this would happen as others ditched their physical media collection in favour of streaming, but would they listen....

Streaming is a fanastic alternative to old fashioned rentals and subscription TV, but it's got no "collection" security.
I guess in other Countries a Collection is questionable, but don't you have Amazon? If you Linked them your Collection should have Ported over.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #46

Mar 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I guess in other Countries a Collection is questionable, but don't you have Amazon? If you Linked them your Collection should have Ported over.
What if one day amazon decides it wants to get out of the streaming business?
Old 06-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
What are on on about? I never ditched my physical collection.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:06 PM   #48
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadend45 View Post
What if one day amazon decides it wants to get out of the streaming business?
I guess anything is possible, and we have more choices in the US. You do know that Streaming File is on a Server, and can be moved to any Streaming Provider even possibly your ISP.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #49
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
What are on on about? I never ditched my physical collection.
I haven't either still have a lot of Blu-ray Back ups and DVD's, but I also have a very large Collection of Digital HD and 4K.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:57 PM   #50

Feb 2011
Australia

Got this email in Australia today... I'm in the Apple ecosystem and primarily use iTunes for digital movies, but since I got my Sony OLED late last year I have access to Google Play now not too bummed... hopefully the movies port over easy enough.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #51

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Quote:
I can link my US accounts to my US Amazon, but I can't link anything to my UK Amazon.
The only Ultraviolet UK based link option we have is Flixster, which is about to disappear...

I'm extremely glad I signed up to MA before it required a VPN to sign up.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #52

Apr 2012

I wonder how 'Doctor Who: The Day of The Doctor' will transfer to Google Play, given that it's only sold in a collection of other specials and wasn't available on Talk Talk TV. I'm guessing the BBC stuff might not make it as in the UK they only used UV between like 2012 and 2013.

But, eh, the Google Play transfer's not bad. Flixster always felt like a half-finished zombie of a streaming service.
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (06-21-2019), p w (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #53

Mar 2017
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapples101 View Post
If I'm honest, I not 100% convinced that when UV / Flixster shuts down that the content I redeemed in UV / Flixster won't just disappear from MA, US iTunes, VUDU etc

I'm sure that many here can assure me that it won't happen... but until the 31st of July rolls around... we shall see.
I know what you mean... In that case, it could be helpful to unlink itunes from MA until UV is gone.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChristoph View Post
I wonder how 'Doctor Who: The Day of The Doctor' will transfer to Google Play, given that it's only sold in a collection of other specials and wasn't available on Talk Talk TV. I'm guessing the BBC stuff might not make it as in the UK they only used UV between like 2012 and 2013.

But, eh, the Google Play transfer's not bad. Flixster always felt like a half-finished zombie of a streaming service.
The quality is better through the Youtube app. As long as you have a Google account you can watch all your digital copies in YouTube under purchases.
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #55

Feb 2015

Given that my current UK VPN's seem to be getting blocked by Vudu, I'm actually looking forward to this but am also nervous ... I'm hoping that TV series will pull through (and I've got US, Canada and UK versions in my Flixster ...

I now need to go through my UV account and check the movies & shows that aren't showing in Flixster I've found five so far

The Prestige - German
Casualties of War Extended - German
Ghost Rider - Canada
Angry Birds - UK
Saw 5 - Unrated US

So I'll try both UV and Flixster to see if I can get my library complete before the switch off
Old 06-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #56

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Just got this:

How to Maximize Access to Your UltraViolet Movies and TV Shows

We've written to you previously to inform you that the UltraViolet service will shut down on July 31, 2019. Currently, you can continue to watch the movies and TV shows available at your linked UltraViolet retailer(s). To maximize your continued access, it is important that you not unlink or close your UltraViolet Library.

Although not all retailers provide access to all movies and TV shows, you may wish take a few simple actions as noted below to link additional retailers to your UltraViolet Library to expand your access options. Specifically:

Verify and Link Retailers. Log in at myuv.com and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. To link your UltraViolet Library to additional retailers, select one or more retailers.
Keep it Linked. Don't unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.
We're Here to Help. Visit myuv.com for the latest information or to contact us if you have questions about the UltraViolet shutdown.
As a reminder,

Your UltraViolet Library was created for you by Flixster on 2012-12-09. It has approximately 339 movies/TV shows.

Thank you for making UltraViolet a part of your home entertainment experience.

Sincerely,
The UltraViolet Team

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not want to receive reminders about the UltraViolet shutdown, and you have taken all the steps you believe necessary to preserve the movies and TV shows in your UltraViolet Library, click here. (If you change your mind and want to continue receiving reminder emails, email customercare@uvvu.com.)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #57

Mar 2013
Staffordshire Moorlands
Send a message via Yahoo to NickD
United Kingdom How?

How do I add all my UV films on Flixster in the U.K. to another platform? Apple’s iTunes, or Google Play at a pinch?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #58

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
How do I add all my UV films on Flixster in the U.K. to another platform? Apple’s iTunes, or Google Play at a pinch?
Originally I just had a UK UV / Flixster account.

Then I signed up to VUDU using a VPN and linked my UV account.
Then when Movies Anywhere turned up, I signed up to that and linked my VUDU account, my UK Google Play account, my US iTunes account and My US Amazon account.
Then I signed up to Fandango Now and Microsoft Movies and TV and linked that into Movies Anywhere as well.

And now everything has just sort of mashed in together.

The problem is that you now need a kind US friend to create a login for Movies Anywhere as it appears to be behind some sort of geo-detection wall, and then with VUDU and Fandango, I have to use TunnelBear VPN on iPhone / iPad to occasionally log-in, just to get any new UV content to sync and port to Movies Anywhere.

At home, I now have an Apple TV which I switch from UK to US accounts, so I have the Movies Anywhere app for my US content and the iTunes account for my UK content.

Hope that all helps, and I should stress, that's just how I did it. Others may have better ways around or paid for VPN's etc

Last edited by Pineapples101; 06-24-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #59

Sep 2014

Last night I was redeeming some UV codes, which I hadn't got around to activating yet and while a couple still redeemed to Flixter, most of them were now redeeming though Google Play, with a few giving the choice of Google Play or iTunes, so it seems like they have started the process of switching UV over to Google.

Hopefully the Flixter to Google transfer goes smooth, so people don't lose movies.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:59 PM   #60

Nov 2010
NYC

just bought First Man steelbook from amazon.fr. Unfortunately, it is strictly instructed to redeem via google play FR account which i don't have. is there any method to redeem this code without having created google FR account?
I do have US google account. Can i redeem via Google US?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies