Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
21 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #21

Jun 2011
OC NY

Depending on if there are store exclusives (and there should be PLENTY), I might hold out until Black Friday week. I got some screaming deals during that time last year.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
From what I have read, no.

The way it sounded, the 3D & 2D Blu-Ray releases would have the same extras (I can't guarantee that) and the DVD release was only going to have something like the commentary track and a featurette.

We still have over 3 months to go until it comes out. I'm sure more info will come out plus you never know what store is gonna have what exclusive.
Well, that is good to hear . I would hate for it to be that only the 3D Blu-ray would get all the special features, and the 2D Blu-ray doesn't get all of the special features. I buy 2D Blu-ray releases of movies unless i am forced to have to buy the 3D blu-ray pack, that also includes the 2D Blu-ray version of the movie with the 3D Blu-ray version of the movie.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
As Omen2000 said, so far no.

Which is rather unfortunate, as i had hoped it would at least have as much extras as the first 2 Iron Man movies, since i really expected such a big event as this to have. Too bad Disney isn't us giving a set of supplementals like the Avatar extended edition Fox put out, imagine 3 or 4 discs of extras for this, that would've been so awesome Still a day 1 purchase for me though, already got a double dip planned for getting both the Dutch and US releases
I'm just glad that the 3D Blu-ray pack and the 2D Blu-ray pack of the Avengers, will have the same special features and nothing different on one of them then the other, because then would cause me to have to buy the 3D blu-ray pack to get more special features. Which that happened when Pirates 4 was released on Blu-ray last October, its 3D Blu-ray pack had all(if not,most) of it special features then the 2 Disc 2D Blu-ray pack had, that had like almost nothing on it that was special features related, but it wasn't a bare-bones release though.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #24
Special Member

Feb 2012
NJ

I'll be getting the standard 2-D version, despite the horrific cover art. Loved this movie. I'm usually not big into super hero movies, and hadn't seen Iron Man 1 or 2, Hulk, Thor, or Captain America before, but I though it was a great movie.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #25
Special Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBooking View Post
Depending on if there are store exclusives (and there should be PLENTY), I might hold out until Black Friday week. I got some screaming deals during that time last year.
i may do this 2. or wait and get it for xmas
although i say that is what ill do, I'm most likely going to get it first day
Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Wakanda

I wanted to see it a second time in theaters but I can wait. Come on September 25th.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
Power Member

Sep 2007

For those that have seen it, did you feel like 3D added ANYTHING to the experience? Im thinking about which version to get and quite frankly I have never felt 3D adds much of anything ... i do value seeing movies as the director intended though
Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Power Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsR4theDevil View Post
For those that have seen it, did you feel like 3D added ANYTHING to the experience? Im thinking about which version to get and quite frankly I have never felt 3D adds much of anything ... i do value seeing movies as the director intended though
while i am a support of 3d. you can watch the 2d version just fine. if you are interested in a good 3d movie then try prometheus. the 3d was much better in that. very avatarish in some stuff.

Jacob
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #29

Feb 2008

I can't wait to actually see more details with regard to the 10-disc set's packaging.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsR4theDevil View Post
If you tend to think 3D doesn't add much (especially if you have experienced movies actually shot in 3D), I would think you wouldn't care for this. I tend to stay away from post-converts, but this one was actually pretty good. I wouldn't say it added anything more than a slightly more immersive experience.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #31

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta88 View Post
If you tend to think 3D doesn't add much (especially if you have experienced movies actually shot in 3D), I would think you wouldn't care for this. I tend to stay away from post-converts, but this one was actually pretty good. I wouldn't say it added anything more than a slightly more immersive experience.
That's a very thoughtful statement. Many folks downright get up-in-arms about "post-converts", so I appreciate your qualifying your statement.

For years, I'd been unable to see 3D due to a very mild astigmatism. I somehow would self-correct it while in the optometrists' chair, thus I never had it corrected with glasses (my acuity has always been perfect). As a result, I couldn't "correct" it with regard to the necessary stereovision required to perceive 3D processing. Finally, an optometrist was able to measure my very slight astigmatism. She told me she doubted I would notice a difference in everyday vision, but she'd acknowledged she's seen many patients coming forward to having their astigmatism corrected for the sole purpose of 3D movies. So, after getting some toric contact lenses, I was all set.

However, the general internet poo-poo'ing of post-production 3D had me wary of trying to see any movie with post-production 3D. When The Avengers came to theaters, I wanted to see it in a theater I've grown to love, the Carmike's "Big D". It's not an IMAX, but the experience for 2D movies has been incredible for me. I was disappointed when I realized The Avengers on the "Big D" screen would only be in 3D as I was trying to avoid post-production 3D films. Particularly, I wanted the first 3D, that I would be able to see, to be one that was actually shot in 3D. I was so anxious to see The Avengers, that I went ahead and bought the ticket. I fully expected the 3D to be "distracting" as so many have described post-production 3D. I was absolutely blown away. In my opinion, the film is outstanding on it's own merits, be it 2D or 3D, but I did not have any problem with the 3D seeming "fake" or "distracting", but rather a very immersive experience.

EDIT: All this is said with having only seen the movie in 3D. I have not compared it to 2D.

Last edited by 120inna55; 06-10-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post
That's a very thoughtful statement. Many folks downright get up-in-arms about "post-converts", so I appreciate your qualifying your statement.

For years, I'd been unable to see 3D due to a very mild astigmatism. I somehow would self-correct it while in the optometrists' chair, thus I never had it corrected with glasses (my acuity has always been perfect). As a result, I couldn't "correct" it with regard to the necessary stereovision required to perceive 3D processing. Finally, an optometrist was able to measure my very slight astigmatism. She told me she doubted I would notice a difference in everyday vision, but she'd acknowledged she's seen many patients coming forward to having their astigmatism corrected for the sole purpose of 3D movies. So, after getting some toric contact lenses, I was all set.

However, the general internet poo-poo'ing of post-production 3D had me wary of trying to see any movie with post-production 3D. When The Avengers came to theaters, I wanted to see it in a theater I've grown to love, the Carmike's "Big D". It's not an IMAX, but the experience for 2D movies has been incredible for me. I was disappointed when I realized The Avengers on the "Big D" screen would only be in 3D as I was trying to avoid post-production 3D films. Particularly, I wanted the first 3D, that I would be able to see, to be one that was actually shot in 3D. I was so anxious to see The Avengers, that I went ahead and bought the ticket. I fully expected the 3D to be "distracting" as so many have described post-production 3D. I was absolutely blown away. In my opinion, the film is outstanding on it's own merits, be it 2D or 3D, but I did not have any problem with the 3D seeming "fake" or "distracting", but rather a very immersive experience.

EDIT: All this is said with having only seen the movie in 3D. I have not compared it to 2D.
Thanks for sharing all that. Sounds like a very cool experience. I agree that the post-con was done very well. Nothing was distracting. It just enveloped me more as an audience member. I have seen it both in 2D and 3D and I agree that it is a film that totally stands on its own merits. I will end up buying the 3D version because it was pretty dern good that way as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #33

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta88 View Post
...I will end up buying the 3D version because it was pretty dern good that way as well.
If I read it correctly, the Phase One set will have the both the 2D and 3D versions.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #34
Special Member

Aug 2011

Didn't get around to seeing it. I guess I will just wait for it come out on Blu-ray and just buy it.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark.Devil.21 View Post
Didn't get around to seeing it. I guess I will just wait for it come out on Blu-ray and just buy it.
Its still playing...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Its still playing...
Ya. If you haven't seen it yet, why can't you see it still?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #37

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
With the price of movie tickets being 12 bucks each plus if you get anything from the concessions he could almost buy the blu ray. Just a guess but I'd say that's a big factor in not wanting to go.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #38
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinzfan30 View Post
With the price of movie tickets being 12 bucks each plus if you get anything from the concessions he could almost buy the blu ray. Just a guess but I'd say that's a big factor in not wanting to go.
Hardly the implication from their post. The post implies that they wanted to see it but is also under the impression that it is no longer in theatres. "Didn't get around to seeing it." That sounds like the opposite of what you think.

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 06-11-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #39

Mar 2012
-

Quote:
I'm guessing you'll be able to see this for another 3-4 weeks (at least) in theaters. Theaters near me still have anywhere from 8 to 12 showings a day.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #40

Jul 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Maybe DarkDevil's in the military and got shipped out before he got the chance?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America