Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$33.03
10 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
17 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$10.99
23 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #1

Oct 2007
Disney Cars (2006)

Imagine my surprise tonight when I go to Walmart and see it just sitting there. It wasn't even in the main place where they have the HD media but instead on a little end rack.

An obvious mistake...but I grabbed it!

I can't believe I got the disc this early!

So check your local Walmart as they might've broken street date as well. It rang out no problem.

Cars Blu-ray
Cars Blu-ray Review

Cars Blu-ray Ultimate Gift Set BD/DVD + Toy

Cars Blu-ray BD/DVD April 12 pre-order

Last edited by Scottie; 12-16-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Silicon Valley

Please pop it in and tell us what you think...
Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2007
I live in a pineapple under the sea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu reality View Post
Imagine my surprise tonight when I go to Walmart and see it just sitting there. It wasn't even in the main place where they have the HD media but instead on a little end rack.

So check your local Walmart as they might've broken street date as well. It rang out no problem.
Lucky sonova...
Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 AM   #4

Aug 2007

I have seen Walmart do this quite often. Lucky you. Good find.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Macon Georgia

Quote:

Congrats you lucky dog!!!!! Let us know what the PQ and AQ are like!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Burbank, CA

Lucky MoFo Let us know how the PQ and SQ are.

Any chance this walmart around the L.A area?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:30 AM   #7

Oct 2007

Disc opens with a warning about how it may take a couple minutes to load depending on your player/firmware.

Disc starts with two theatre trailers

One for Enchanted
The other for Wall E

Blu-Ray trailers for

Meet the Robinsons
Ratatouille

Ok off to watch the movie. I'll report back afterwards!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 AM   #8

May 2007
FL

Quote:
Disc opens with a warning about how it may take a couple minutes to load depending on your player/firmware.

Disc starts with two theatre trailers

One for Enchanted
The other for Wall E

Blu-Ray trailers for

Meet the Robinsons
Ratatouille

Any Pics?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Hatfield, UK / Jakarta, Indonesia

tell me if you have region B player: is it playable there?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #10
Expert Member

May 2007

Quote:
One question. Was this one of the most incredible looking things you've ever seen, or do you have poor equipment? Just kidding. Based on just the little snippets I've seen on other discs, I expect this thing to look incredible. And the opening of the movie with the engine revving inside the truck should also be great, with a good sound system. Can't wait to get this one.

--Darin
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post
One question. Was this one of the most incredible looking things you've ever seen, or do you have poor equipment? Just kidding. Based on just the little snippets I've seen on other discs, I expect this thing to look incredible. And the opening of the movie with the engine revving inside the truck should also be great, with a good sound system. Can't wait to get this one.

--Darin
I honestly believe 100000% that 'Cars' on Blu-ray is going to put every other title on the market to shame! The standard definition DVD looks like a Blu-ray when it isn't upscaled!!! I've told this to so many people who still refuse to watch the movie because it sounds like it's "such a kiddie concept". When, in reality, it has something for every age group. Think of it this way... on the small chance that you don't enjoy the film, at least you will have THE REFERENCE DISC for the next year. I would put money on this fact!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #12

Oct 2007

I want my Mater - hehehe
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #13

May 2007

Yeah, the Walmart here in Mankato, MN had Hostel part 1 and 2 a week and a half early. I guess their people don't pay attention to release dates.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #14
Special Member

Feb 2006

Want to hear your thoughts, curious on this one!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #15

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobChillin View Post
Yeah, the Walmart here in Mankato, MN had Hostel part 1 and 2 a week and a half early. I guess their people don't pay attention to release dates.
Mankato eh, well I'm about 45 minutes straight east of you. can you guess what city. we got cars and the pixar shorts films on blu-ray back in our backroom here at walmart where I work. I would of loved to break street date but the title is to recognized. ratatouile blu hasn't showed up yet, hopefully tomorrow. spidey blu trilogy sold out.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #16

Aug 2007
VA Beach

Quote:

Where are you at? Which Wal-mart?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #17

Oct 2007

I live in Toledo, Ohio. The Walmart that had it early was the Spring Meadows Walmart in case anyone lives here. They had about 3 copies out after I bought mine.

Holy shit the image quality. The opening race is probably the best thing I've seen on Blu-Ray yet. So many colors, all sharp and popping. That, my friends, is reference quality. I couldn't believe just how amazing that scene looked. Anyone who sees that scene on Blu-Ray will be hooked for life. I am tempted to rewatch that part of the movie just for how amazing it looked.

There is digital noise in the sky during the flash backs of Radiator Springs. Aside from that the image quality is incredible.

Sound quality is good bu I don't want to give out any rating. My sound system is pretty basic but it sounded great to me. Im sure once the audiophiles get a hold of this they'll be able to give it a proper rating. It sounded really good to me though.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #18

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I honestly believe 100000% that 'Cars' on Blu-ray is going to put every other title on the market to shame! The standard definition DVD looks like a Blu-ray when it isn't upscaled!!! I've told this to so many people who still refuse to watch the movie because it sounds like it's "such a kiddie concept". When, in reality, it has something for every age group. Think of it this way... on the small chance that you don't enjoy the film, at least you will have THE REFERENCE DISC for the next year. I would put money on this fact!!!
Cars - this my favorite Pixar movie, anybody that loves automobiles and racing will just love this movie. I always play this movie when I have a crappy day, never get sick of it.

One question is it all region.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #19

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax View Post
Cars - this my favorite Pixar movie, anybody that loves automobiles and racing will just love this movie. I always play this movie when I have a crappy day, never get sick of it.

One question is it all region.
How do I check that? I live in America and use an American PS3 to play Blu-Rays.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #20

Aug 2007
VA Beach

Quote:
I live in Toledo, Ohio. The Walmart that had it early was the Spring Meadows Walmart in case anyone lives here. They had about 3 copies out after I bought mine.

Holy shit the image quality. The opening race is probably the best thing I've seen on Blu-Ray yet. So many colors, all sharp and popping. That, my friends, is reference quality. I couldn't believe just how amazing that scene looked. Anyone who sees that scene on Blu-Ray will be hooked for life. I am tempted to rewatch that part of the movie just for how amazing it looked.

There is digital noise in the sky during the flash backs of Radiator Springs. Aside from that the image quality is incredible.

Sound quality is good bu I don't want to give out any rating. My sound system is pretty basic but it sounded great to me. Im sure once the audiophiles get a hold of this they'll be able to give it a proper rating. It sounded really good to me though.
Toledo huh? I used to fly in and out of there a lot. Unfortunately it is too far away for me now! Oh well, guess I will just have to wait until Tuesday. *sigh*
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America