Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
17 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
44 min ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
17 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 AM   #21

Aug 2007
VA Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
click here, scroll down and vote for blu-ray.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21581845
Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 AM   #22
Expert Member

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu reality View Post
How do I check that? I live in America and use an American PS3 to play Blu-Rays.
On the back of the case, and some times on the disc itself, there will be a hexagon with an A, B or C in it letting you know what reagon it is. The case may have at least the A hex since you are in America. If it has two or all three letters in one symbol, it is multi or all region.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #23

Oct 2007

One Man Band (Pixar Short)

The Epilogue (the stuff that plays during the credits)

Mater and the GhostLight

Are all in HD as well in the special features.

Bounding Cars is in SD (and it looks like shit compared to the HD...its actually a nice contrast that shows you just how amazing the HD is).

They have this really weird commentary set up thing called Cine-Explore. Its hard to explain but you are able to choose the director or the production commentary on demand, switch into documentary shorts and deleted scenes. It has windows pop up giving you different pictures. Its the ultimate in interactive experience. I don't care about that stuff but its neat if you enjoy that type of stuff.

Disney went all out on this release.

I encourage everyone to pick it up.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #24

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonyLoons View Post
On the back of the case, and some times on the disc itself, there will be a hexagon with an A, B or C in it letting you know what reagon it is. The case may have at least the A hex since you are in America. If it has two or all three letters in one symbol, it is multi or all region.
It has ABC

So I guess it's all region.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #25
Expert Member

Apr 2007

A lot of the Disney Blu's have cini-explore. I have not tried it out yet but it seems like it would be a good thing to set up the different special features you want to watch and the order you want to watch them in and then just let them all play. I do not watch most special features so i really dont care. But it seems interesting enough.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 AM   #26
Expert Member

Apr 2007

Quote:
It has ABC

So I guess it's all region.
Good to hear for the people in other countries. I think a good chunk of Disney stuff is all region.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #27

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonyLoons View Post
A lot of the Disney Blu's have cini-explore. I have not tried it out yet but it seems like it would be a good thing to set up the different special features you want to watch and the order you want to watch them in and then just let them all play. I do not watch most special features so i really dont care. But it seems interesting enough.
Oh ok. I actually have both Pirates movies on Blu but I don't really look at special features. I decided to play around with these to give everyone a heads up on what to expect.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom
Thumbs up

Time has come to dump the already good looking SD DVD and grab the BD version. It could have been better if Disney had put seamless branching giving viewers the choice of selecting full screen or OAR version of the movie.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #29
Expert Member

Apr 2007

Quote:
Oh ok. I actually have both Pirates movies on Blu but I don't really look at special features. I decided to play around with these to give everyone a heads up on what to expect.
Another thing i noticed on the Blu's distributed by Disney is that they have a "Highlight" or "Showcase" (may be called something else, I dont feel like checking) that is supposed to showcase the best HD audio and video parts of the movie. If you click that, it will pop up the sences and you can choose to watch them all or choose one. Nice feature if you wanna show off your blu's and not play the whole movie i guess.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #30
Special Member

May 2007
San Jose, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I honestly believe 100000% that 'Cars' on Blu-ray is going to put every other title on the market to shame! The standard definition DVD looks like a Blu-ray when it isn't upscaled!!!
I'm sure Cars Blu-ray will look amazing but I have to disagree with you on the second comment. The Fry's near my home has a Sharp 65" LCD playing Blu-rays most of the time. The only non Blu-ray I've seen there was Cars SD-DVD. It looked quite miserable compared to others on that screen.

enjoy
gandalf

P.S. Post 888!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #31

Aug 2007
VA Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gand41f View Post
I'm sure Cars Blu-ray will look amazing but I have to disagree with you on the second comment. The Fry's near my home has a Sharp 65" LCD playing Blu-rays most of the time. The only non Blu-ray I've seen there was Cars SD-DVD. It looked quite miserable compared to others on that screen.

enjoy
gandalf

P.S. Post 888!
There you are...I am getting quite bored talking to myself!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #32
Special Member

Dec 2006
Virginia
Default Cars PQ & AQ are a 5/5

My son is about half way through Cars Blu now and I must say that it is the best looking kids (CGI) movie I have seen on Blu yet. I own most that have been released, so I have alot to compare to.

The SD DVD always did look great so I wondered how much better it would look on Blu and the colors are outstanding.

The 5.1 uncompressed sound is a great improvement over the SD DVD also. You won't be disappointed.

I also picked up Beowulf & Grendel with it also today, so I'm going to check that out next. I found both at Wal-mart early today. Go Blu!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #33

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
My son is about half way through Cars Blu now and I must say that it is the best looking kids (CGI) movie I have seen on Blu yet. I own most that have been released, so I have alot to compare to.

The SD DVD always did look great so I wondered how much better it would look on Blu and the colors are outstanding.

The 5.1 uncompressed sound is a great improvement over the SD DVD also. You won't be disappointed.

I also picked up Beowulf & Grendel with it also today, so I'm going to check that out next. I found both at Wal-mart early today. Go Blu!
I got a feeling that no one on this forum expects the pixar films to get any lower then a 5/5 in PQ. But Myself i'm hyped in thinking cars is going to be the best looking film out so far.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

I'm thinking Lightning rolling out of the truck at the beg. is going to be the best looking chit ever.

*note to self, be sure and stop by Wal-Mart on way home*
Old 11-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #35
Power Member

Jan 2007
NJ

I would not expect anything less form this film and probably would be disapointed if it was not good.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart_Larkin View Post
I got a feeling that no one on this forum expects the pixar films to get any lower then a 5/5 in PQ. But Myself i'm hyped in thinking cars is going to be the best looking film out so far.
Oh I'd bet the reviewers over at HDD won't give it a 5/5. 4.5/5 Max is my guess.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #37

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
Oh I'd bet the reviewers over at HDD won't give it a 5/5. 4.5/5 Max is my guess.
Second that!

They gave Transformers 4/5. 5/5 no lossless audio - They're hearing impaired..
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #38
Special Member

Dec 2006
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Blue View Post
I'm thinking Lightning rolling out of the truck at the beg. is going to be the best looking chit ever.

*note to self, be sure and stop by Wal-Mart on way home*
I think they also had Oldboy there, but I did not know it was a Nov 6th release also. One Wal-mart had most of the next weeks releases on the shelf while another store a few miles away was smart enough not to. I'm happy.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #39

May 2007
Florida

I agree - when it first popped on onscreen I said to myself - I've never seen anything that good before-Disney is always great when it comes to blu-ray. The sound is incredible as well. At the very beginning when Mac knocked on the trailer that Lightning was inside - it felt like you were inside the trailer yourself - true surround sound. My 2 year old was hypnotized the entire time and the interactive car game you can play while watching the movie was very well done.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #40
Power Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post

Wait, Cars on Blu-Ray is already out? I thought it wasn't coming out until Tuesday.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America