Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
21 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

Thanks given by:
ultlife2013 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #42

Sep 2012

Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection is one of the cheapest blu-rays I ever bought - $1.99 on a Cineplex Store price error - then after not shipping it for 7 months, they sent it to me free of charge! It is a pretty damn cumbersome set though - I never would have ordered it otherwise.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #43

May 2011
Arizona

Never bought the Bruce Lee Legacy collection, so I'm all in for this...just not right away. Out of the 4 films, Way of the Dragon is my favorite. I'll be waiting for reviews on here after street date as well as unboxing videos.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
In my theatre room

Yes Shout screwed up the Legacy set but good on them for acting fast. I had my brand new Remastered discs very fast and they look pretty good considering the source material. Anyone who is unsure about the picture quality, I can tell you that these are probably as good as they will ever look.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #45

Aug 2009

"Acting fast"? Right.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #46

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
Yes Shout screwed up the Legacy set but good on them for acting fast. I had my brand new Remastered discs very fast and they look pretty good considering the source material. Anyone who is unsure about the picture quality, I can tell you that these are probably as good as they will ever look.
Actually, they weren't color-corrected, due to the "acting fast" bit. So they still can look A LOT better.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #47
Power Member

Jan 2011
Channel Islands

Colour correction would be the icing on the cake! Although I think it will be unlikely as they will just want to push them out without spending more money and time on these films! Kind of makes me mad really as they promised us colour correction from day one!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #48
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

What's the name of the film in which Bruce Lee's character stops during a fight to touch his wound and then lick the blood on his fingers? I saw this scene years ago because my friend had loads of his films on video but I don't think I ever found out what the film was.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #49

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo87400 View Post
Finally, I'll be able to get the films on blu-ray w/o all the uneeded extras (for me at least) from the Legacy collection. Also, I'll get to watch the films in their original Mandarin tracking and hear Bruce instead of some B actor screaming "Why did you kill my teacher?! Why did you kill my teacher?! Why ?! Why?! Why?! Why?!" hehehe

You'll still be hearing some b actor screaming "Why did you kill my teacher?! Why did you kill my teacher?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?!" Just a b actor that speaks mandarin. The only movies you'll hear Bruce's voice on are Enter the Dragon and Game of Death.

Edit:
The majority of chinese movies were dubbed backed then to save money. Bruce spoke Cantonese in those movies, but to save money, those movies were done without sound equipment and dubbed later. Also, I don't believe Bruce spoke mandarin, just Cantonese and English. The waaaaaaaaaaaaaas are Bruce

Last edited by bravery; 08-10-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
What's the name of the film in which Bruce Lee's character stops during a fight to touch his wound and then lick the blood on his fingers? I saw this scene years ago because my friend had loads of his films on video but I don't think I ever found out what the film was.
Enter the Dragon
Old 08-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #51
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrob View Post
Enter the Dragon
Are you sure? I've seen that film multiple times but I don't remember a scene like that in it (unless he does it in several of his films).

EDIT: Yeah, he definitely does it in Enter the Dragon, but I could've sworn he does something similar in another film of his. I don't know. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. I was really young when I saw it so I'm probably getting different films jumbled up in my mind.

Last edited by dallywhitty; 08-10-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Are you sure? I've seen that film multiple times but I don't remember a scene like that in it (unless he does it in several of his films).
He does it in The Big Boss, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravery View Post
The only movies you'll hear Bruce's voice on are Enter the Dragon and Game of Death.
Just Enter.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #53

Jun 2011
Downstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
Classic dubbing! lol
Old 08-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #54

Jun 2011
Downstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravery View Post
You'll still be hearing some b actor screaming "Why did you kill my teacher?! Why did you kill my teacher?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?!" Just a b actor that speaks mandarin. The only movies you'll hear Bruce's voice on are Enter the Dragon and Game of Death.

Edit:
The majority of chinese movies were dubbed backed then to save money. Bruce spoke Cantonese in those movies, but to save money, those movies were done without sound equipment and dubbed later. Also, I don't believe Bruce spoke mandarin, just Cantonese and English. The waaaaaaaaaaaaaas are Bruce
Ah, good to know! Thanks! Luckily they've got Cantonese on these discs then. Hopefully those are Bruce at least...
Old 08-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Ah, good to know! Thanks! Luckily they've got Cantonese on these discs then. Hopefully those are Bruce at least...
Bruce dubbed his war cries for the original Mandarin versions.

The Cantonese versions were produced years after his death.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #56
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

This is the set I was looking for. The previous release was nice and all but just way to big for me. I have limited space so I never really buy these big special releases. This is much better for me, small case, 4 discs and no DVD
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #57

Dec 2009
Wernersville, PA

Quote:

EDIT: Yeah, he definitely does it in Enter the Dragon, but I could've sworn he does something similar in another film of his. I don't know. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. I was really young when I saw it so I'm probably getting different films jumbled up in my mind.
In The Big Boss (U.S. Fists of Fury) he does it when he is fighting the boss's son and gang at night near the end when he gets sliced. Skip to about 2:47 into the video. This might be what you're thinking of -
Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

If this are the final "fixed" discs in a new cheaper package I'll buy it since living outside US is trouble when needing replacement discs.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #59

Jun 2011
Downstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
Bruce dubbed his war cries for the original Mandarin versions.

The Cantonese versions were produced years after his death.
That I get conflicting sources on...Cantonese was the original language for the flick upon it's original release, re-dubbed in the more oft spoken Mandarin for a wider release in China. Whether it's Bruce's voice on the Cantonese dub is hard to find info on (since they didn't film with sync sound then). IMDB says that Bruce did the dub (on the Cantonese track) for the Russian guy. IMDB's source? No idea. If they claim that...I'd have to assume he did his own voice too, but can't back that until I finally get to see it in Cantonese.

Last edited by jimbo87400; 08-18-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
That I get conflicting sources on...Cantonese was the original language for the flick upon it's original release, re-dubbed in the more oft spoken Mandarin for a wider release in China.
100% false.

Quote:
Whether it's Bruce's voice on the Cantonese dub is hard to find info on (since they didn't film with sync sound then).
It's not his voice. Why? Because was dead many years before those tracks were produced for video.

Quote:
IMDB says that Bruce did the dub (on the Cantonese track) for the Russian guy.
Yes, Bruce dubbed Robert Baker ("the Russian guy"), but he did that for the original Mandarin track. They kept his English for the Cantonese dub.

Quote:
If they claim that...I'd have to assume he did his own voice too, but can't back that until I finally get to see it in Cantonese.
I can only assume the IMDB info you're relying on is bogus.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America