Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.69

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$7.08

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 08-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #21
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Canada

For Real3D, I bring my own - I have clip-on 3D glasses. Sony's passive 3D glasses also work very well; the way they were designed, they fit over prescription glasses perfectly.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Default How do people who wear seeing glasses watch 3D?

How do the folk who have to wear seeing glasses due to impaired vision watch 3D? Are there special glasses you buy? It would seem awkward puting the movie theatre issue glasses over the top of your seeing glasses..
Old 03-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009

I watched BvS just last night. I wore the 3D glasses right over my regular glasses I wear to watch TV or movies. Never bothers me at all. I do the same at home when I watch 3D movies with my DLP projector/screen. Never has bothered me.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega2K View Post
I watched BvS just last night. I wore the 3D glasses right over my regular glasses I wear to watch TV or movies. Never bothers me at all. I do the same at home when I watch 3D movies with my DLP projector/screen. Never has bothered me.
To me, that seems awkward and uncomfortable

I guess it depends on the size of your seeing glasses among other things?
Thanks given by:
prerich (03-28-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Darren View Post
To me, that seems awkward and uncomfortable

I guess it depends on the size of your seeing glasses among other things?

Have you tried it? Because you say "it seems...." I can only speak for myself, but I honestly don't even notice I have them both on... I would say, my glasses are average size, but they are light weight, meaning, I don't wear Coke bottles.
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Seeing glasses?

I really have to ask -- is this a regional term for regular eyeglasses/corrective lenses (nearsighted/farsighted/astigmatism, presbyopia, etc) or a term for a different vision issue.

OK I really don't have to ask, but I will anyway b/c I must admit I've never heard it used this way before.

If it is, then yes most of the 3D glasses used fit right over my regular eyeglasses. Never considered it out of the ordinary. I'm just surprised if you've seen any number of 3D theatrical movies or theme park 3D shorts that you wouldn't have noted a fairly large number of folks doing it.
I'm saying "seeing glasses" to differentiate them from 3D glasses.

Been to about 5 or 6 3D showings and no I never noticed what you are describing although I'm sure you are correct.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Have you tried it? Because you say "it seems...." I can only speak for myself, but I honestly don't even notice I have them both on... I would say, my glasses are average size, but they are light weight, meaning, I don't wear Coke bottles.
I am going to get my first set of eyeglasses soon. I figure I want to get something where the lens is a bit bigger than average. Will they just sit over those?

Even when wearing 3D glasses it can become a bit uncomfortable, so it seems it will be extra uncomfortable, plus don't you get two sets of arms over each ear?
Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #28

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
I am going to get my first set of eyeglasses soon. I figure I want to get something where the lens is a bit bigger than average. Will they just sit over those?

Even when wearing 3D glasses it can become a bit uncomfortable, so it seems it will be extra uncomfortable, plus don't you get two sets of arms over each ear?
My wife wears contact lenses to avoid these issues but I can't stand them.

You can get very lightweight frames these days, I don't find wearing two sets of glasses a problem EXCEPT in the Vue cinema chain in the UK. They changed the design of their 3D glasses a couple of years ago so they no longer fit over the top of any of my eyeglasses (all of which came from Specsavers). The problem is at the sides/hinges, the 3D glasses grind against those and can't be made to fit comfortably. I'd have to rip the arms off.

I'm a normal adult, I don't have a giant head or anything, but this caused me major issues a number of times. Never at IMAX, Cineworld, Empire etc but if I'm going to see a 3D film at Vue I need to take some clip-ons (which I don't like) or a rival cinema chain's glasses, all of which are fine. Any glasses branded "IncredibleVue" are useless to me. I complained about it a number of times but not only did they not care, they denied that they shrunk the design of their glasses! Consequently, I always seek to avoid seeing 3D films at Vue cinemas.

But at home I have no trouble fitting my 3D glasses over any of my eyeglasses, it actually helps keep the 3D glasses cleaner too.

Last edited by the13thman; 03-27-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #29

Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA

Quote:
I could post exactly the same but I am projector-less. I watch MY 3D discs on my 50" Vizio with the 3D glasses over my eyeglasses with no trouble at all. Of course, I must admit, my eyeglasses are the thin variety.
No problem at all.
Thanks given by:
Zippy56 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #30

Nov 2011
Rolling Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
I could post exactly the same but I am projector-less. I watch MY 3D discs on my 50" Vizio with the 3D glasses over my eyeglasses with no trouble at all. Of course, I must admit, my eyeglasses are the thin variety.
No problem at all.
Same here...Just over my glasses...
Old 03-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #31
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

I put them over my normal glasses as you can see my avatar that I wear glasses. I have clip-on glasses that are necessary, but I'm good with the latter.

IMG_20160327_091627[1].jpg
Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #32
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

IMG_20160327_091609[1].jpg

These came from my local theater.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed123 View Post
I put them over my normal glasses as you can see my avatar that I wear glasses. I have clip-on glasses that are necessary, but I'm good with the latter.
So your 3D glasses are "clip on"? That makes sense to me. Can you tell me where you got them?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I used to always switch to contacts for 3D movies because I was paranoid about this very issue - but over the past couple of years I've switched almost completely to just wearing the 3D glasses over my normal glasses. For me it's generally less uncomfortable and more convenient than taking special care to stop and put in my contacts, make sure they're in snugly without hurting, et cetera. It really doesn't feel that much different than just wearing the one pair as long as they're the light passive 3D glasses.

I also specifically bought glasses with slightly bigger/wider lenses than typical, and RealD glasses and the passives that came with my oldish Vizio 3DTV don't give me any trouble.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I wear glasses and used to put the 3d glasses over them, but the 3D glasses for my home TV are quite uncomfortable over my regular glasses, so I got contact lenses. It is a much better viewing experience that way.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #36
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Quote:
So your 3D glasses are "clip on"? That makes sense to me. Can you tell me where you got them?
Well, I don't have a 3D setup at home. November 2015, when it was my birthday,me and my family went to a 3D showing of The Peanuts Movie and my local theater had a notice stating that they have clip-on glasses. So when I used them, no distraction at all. I loved them.
Thanks given by:
#Darren (03-27-2016), EVERRET (03-29-2016), Paul H (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

I am glad I wasn't the only one confused by he term "seeing glasses".

I only started wearing glasses about 3-4 years ago but in going to 3D movies with my wife she always just put the 3D glasses over her regular glasses, didn't really think it was hard to figure out really.

The only issue I've ever had were when I wear my Nike Kevin Durant frames which are pretty big. I have to remember when I go to the movies to switch them out to my smaller framed glasses. Same thing when watching at home.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
So your 3D glasses are "clip on"? ....... Can you tell me where you got them?
Clip On 3D Glasses are just as effective as stand alone.

Clip On 3D Glasses.jpg

Clip On 3D Glasses (Real D).jpg

Amazon.com
Thanks given by:
#Darren (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I only started wearing glasses about 3-4 years ago but in going to 3D movies with my wife she always just put the 3D glasses over her regular glasses, didn't really think it was hard to figure out really.
Of course it's not hard to "figure out".. but to a non glasses wearing person ATM it sure as hell looks awkward and uncomfortable.

But I guess it works for some and does not work for others.

So I am grateful for the advice and shall be seeking out some "clip on" 3D glasses.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

I have never had a problem wearing passive glasses from my vizio or theater glasses over my normal ones.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion