Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (2 hours left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (3 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
 
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
 
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
 
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
 
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 02:15 AM   #1
Canada Canada is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
71
850
29
41
USA Emily Ratajkowski Appreciation Thread

Emily Ratajkowski was born June 7, 1991 in Westminster, United Kingdom. Emily Ratajkowski is of Polish, Irish, Polish, Jewish, and German descent.
Emily Ratajkowski in Gone Girl




Last edited by Canada; 02-24-2019 at 06:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Tony208 (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

She's definitely easy on the eyes, but I haven't seen any of her work. There's something about British women, though; they're usually prettier in the face and have more curves. I think its because unlike America, England's not so obsessed with folks being thin as a pencil.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
Canada Canada is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
71
850
29
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
There's something about British women, though; they're usually prettier in the face and have more curves. I think its because unlike America, England's not so obsessed with folks being thin as a pencil.
I hate it when women are pencil thin, they have curves for a very specific reason.

Last edited by Canada; 08-25-2015 at 03:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:03 AM   #4
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
I hate it when women are pencil thin, they have curves for a very specific reason.
Yeah, I refer to a lot of American models (and some actresses) as "pencils with boobs". If they turned sideways, taped themselves down, and stuck out their tongues...they'd look like a zipper. Its sad, really...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:35 AM   #5
Canada Canada is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
71
850
29
41
Default


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:48 AM   #6
PLG1962 PLG1962 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
PLG1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia
6
1837
145
8
Default

Oh the Blurred Lines girl, why didn't you say that in the first place
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
Adam_ME Adam_ME is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sep 2007
Katy, TX
309
1885
59
4040
271
548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
She's definitely easy on the eyes, but I haven't seen any of her work. There's something about British women, though; they're usually prettier in the face and have more curves. I think its because unlike America, England's not so obsessed with folks being thin as a pencil.
Did you not see Gone Girl yet? She's got a small role in that. She also plays "herself" in the Entourage movie, but I wouldn't waste my time with that POS flick.

BTW, she's not really British. She was born in England, but her parents are American and she pretty much grew up in the US.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Yeah, I refer to a lot of American models (and some actresses) as "pencils with boobs". If they turned sideways, taped themselves down, and stuck out their tongues...they'd look like a zipper. Its sad, really...
I find it hilarious that it's somehow thought to be totally fine criticize a woman for being thin. What if I did the same for someone who was fat? People would be all over me for "fat shaming" her, etc. And yet, obesity and just being overweight in general is a WAY bigger problem in this country. But if someone's thin, it's OK to use a term like "pencils with boobs" and everyone just accepts it.

Oh, and btw, obesity in the UK is considered to be one of the top causes of preventable death.

/rant


As to Emily, she's got a great body. Just fantastic. She's a real beauty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME View Post

BTW, she's not really British. She was born in England, but her parents are American and she pretty much grew up in the US.
Yeah, I thought originating bit being British was funny...

If she's British, McClain is Panamanian...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #10
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
I find it hilarious that it's somehow thought to be totally fine criticize a woman for being thin. What if I did the same for someone who was fat? People would be all over me for "fat shaming" her, etc. And yet, obesity and just being overweight in general is a WAY bigger problem in this country. But if someone's thin, it's OK to use a term like "pencils with boobs" and everyone just accepts it.
Being underweight often carries similar health problems as being overweight; if you're 6 feet tall and only weigh 120 pounds, something's probably wrong. Now, I know men and women's bodies are affected differently by this, but the basic principle still holds. I'm just tired of seeing super-thin models who wear a size-E bra; the proportion's just disturbing. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, and she's still admired today.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:34 AM   #11
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Being underweight often carries similar health problems as being overweight; if you're 6 feet tall and only weigh 120 pounds, something's probably wrong. Now, I know men and women's bodies are affected differently by this, but the basic principle still holds. I'm just tired of seeing super-thin models who wear a size-E bra; the proportion's just disturbing. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, and she's still admired today.
1) It's a myth that Marilyn was a 14 (some say 16). I mean, technically it's true, except that sizing was MUCH different in the 50s than it is today. Size deflation -- basically to make women feel better about themselves -- has been going on for a good long time. A woman who wears a size 4 now would have been about a 10 (maybe even a 12) back in Marilyn's day. Just look at how many women are are 0s.

2) There are very few models who wear size E bras. Not even Victoria's Secret models do. Adriana Lima, for example, wears a C-cup. And that's only after she had a child. Most of their models are B-cups. They only look the way they do because VS does a great job with the push-up. Look for candid pics of someone like Alessandra Ambrosio or another of their models, and you can see what their figures actually look like.

3) Unless you're talking about someone with an actual eating disorder like anorexia or bulimia, there are very, very few models who are suffering health issues from their slimness. Heck, if you follow any of them, and what their lifestyle entails you'd come to the conclusion that there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they could do all that they do, constant travel, hours long photo shoots, walking the runway if they were actually "too thin." The energy level simply wouldn't be there. And no, not even doing lots of coke can help with that.

4) Look at Karlie Kloss:



She's quite thin. But that's just the way she's always been, even when she was a kid. And if you followed her on any social media you'd realize that she has a hectic lifestyle, is quite healthy, and actually eats a lot.

5) If instead of calling thin models "pencils with boobs" I called fat people "pigs with jiggling flesh" -- well, I think you know exactly what the reaction would be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:57 AM   #12
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

I can almost see her ribs through her skin, right below the bustline. That's too thin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #13
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I can almost see her ribs through her skin, right below the bustline. That's too thin.
I'm nowhere near too thin -- not obese or anything, but years of beer and vodka ... -- and I can almost see my ribs there, too.

Like I said, she's definitely a thin young woman. But she's highly energetic, eats a lot, and clearly doesn't have any of the health problems associated with eating disorders like bad skin, deteriorating teeth from self-induced vomiting, shaking, or anything like that.

She's also still fairly young at 23. I was a lot thinner back when I was 23 too.

Believe me: She lives a much more hectic and event-filled life than either of us. So, she's clearly healthy. And when all is said and done, that's the only thing that matters.

Heck, when Maria Sharapova won Wimbledon at 17, she was stick thin, and won the most important tennis tournament in the world, managing to defeat Serena Williams in the final. You'd probably say she was "too thin" as well. But people who aren't healthy because they don't eat enough aren't capable of winning major tennis tournaments.

Just face it: People have different body types. I mean, jeez, one of my roommates years ago ate -- and drank, for that matter -- like a trucker. She was rail thin. Some people have a great deal of trouble losing weight, while others just can't gain it. It's biology.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #14
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

Well, it still just looks weird to me, when a woman has a super-thin waist and huge boobs. I also feel sorry for them, because that has to cause back problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #15
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Well, it still just looks weird to me, when a woman has a super-thin waist and huge boobs. I also feel sorry for them, because that has to cause back problems.
You're describing porn stars. As I said, even VS Angels don't really have large busts. They just look that way because of the push-up. A B-cup or C-cup is hardly "huge boobs."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #16
Moviefan2k4 Moviefan2k4 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Moviefan2k4's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
290
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
You're describing porn stars. As I said, even VS Angels don't really have large busts. They just look that way because of the push-up. A B-cup or C-cup is hardly "huge boobs."
Actually, I was trying to be more general, and porn wasn't on my mind until you mentioned it. I prefer proportion where things like this are concerned, and I get worried when I see women whose figures shift very far in either direction. If a woman's 5'6" and weighs 120, I'd say a B or C would be appropriate...but if she weighs 90, she's probably sick and they're fake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #17
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Actually, I was trying to be more general, and porn wasn't on my mind until you mentioned it. I prefer proportion where things like this are concerned, and I get worried when I see women whose figures shift very far in either direction. If a woman's 5'6" and weighs 120, I'd say a B or C would be appropriate...but if she weighs 90, she's probably sick and they're fake.
Well, obviously in the adult entertainment world, implants are everywhere. I can't think of anyone who weighs 90 lbs., other than a few extremely petite and young-looking gals who often play schoolgirls and the like.

But in the modeling world, if you watch, for instance, any haute couture runway show you'll see that every single model has a very small bust. That's just the preferred look, and also the clothes are designed for women with that sort of figure.

I know that it's just from a (very funny) comedy, but there's a scene in Mean Girls where Regina has gained weight and is in a dress shop. She asks about moving up a size to a 6, and is told by the snooty saleswoman that they only have 0, 2, and 4, and that maybe she should try Sears -- much to Regina's horror! (Actually, in the movie they say sizes 1, 3, and 5 -- which is totally wrong, as dresses come in even sizes, but whatever.)

But that scene's actually pretty accurate. You can't walk into a high-end shop and buy a Gucci gown in a size 8 or 10 (or even probably 6). They just don't make them. So the models look the way they do because they have the bodies that more or less resemble the women at whom the products are aimed. That's the simple reason you're never going to see "plus-size" models in a haute couture show. Most models are 0 or 2. Some are 4, but that's pretty rare.

Also, they're all tall. To walk the runway you need to be 5'9" -- unless you're Kate Moss, who's the exception at 5'7"; but then, she's Kate Moss, so ....

Anyways, we've probably derailed this thread enough at this point. Might as well get back on track with stuff about Emily.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #18
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Here, to get us back on track.




I think if I came home to find her wearing this outfit I would stand at least a 50/50 chance of dying of heart failure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:59 AM   #19
drb999 drb999 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
drb999's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
1
487
63
Default

I'm getting heart failure just from looking at her pictures. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #20
Pounder Pounder is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Pounder's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
94
37
Default

Emily is a beast!


http://gfycat.com/SlowInbornAngwantibo
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34 AM.