Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (2 hours left)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (2 hours left)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (52% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (17 mins left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (2 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (43% claimed)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (2 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (1 hour left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (30% claimed)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague $17.11 (5% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
1 hr ago
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93
 
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
13 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$12.79
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 04:54 AM   #21
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
It's sad that she has a husband now.

...I really thought I had a chance.
We all did, my man. We all did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:32 AM   #22
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
35
1674
669
287
406
283
593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
We all did, my man. We all did.
Did you now? Did you? Seems you're like that for every female celeb.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #23
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
Did you now? Did you? Seems you're like that for every female celeb.
No. Me and Melissa ... we're tight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #24
llj llj is offline
Power Member
 
llj's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
I think if she was having an off day and cancelled after, either she was sick, tired, or had personal stuff happening. You can't really gauge out a person until you meet them directly more than once. Yes, first impressions are everything and all that, but we are human. We have problems and sometimes they get to us. It happens to where they affect us internally that they manifest externally.

It's much harder to be a good person.
If I were a hot female celebrity, I'd probably be a total ***** diva, smacking random nerds around in comic cons with my $500 umbrella and laughing while I'm doing it. And I would get away with it.

Anyway, Jeb! was right about one thing--Melissa Benoit is pretty hot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:06 AM   #25
Dunemoon Dunemoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
It's sad that she has a husband now.

...I really thought I had a chance.
Son. Don't end up being a stalker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:28 AM   #26
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
938
131
17
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llj View Post
If I were a hot female celebrity, I'd probably be a total ***** diva, smacking random nerds around in comic cons with my $500 umbrella and laughing while I'm doing it. And I would get away with it.

Anyway, Jeb! was right about one thing--Melissa Benoit is pretty hot.
I wonder how many bodyguards it would take to get the mass of nerds off of seeking retribution...

And buying a $500 umbrella is like...spending $16,000 on an umbrella stand =P. It better be made out of something special that says "I must have this".
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #27
llj llj is offline
Power Member
 
llj's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
I wonder how many bodyguards it would take to get the mass of nerds off of seeking retribution...
Nerds don't actually fight. They are a passive aggressive lot. They go on twitter or reddit and complain (Twitter is outraged!). But you go up to one face to face and smack em around, they'll shrivel like a 4 year old iphone. Since I have accounts in neither and wouldn't care about my online rep, too bad for them. Plus I'm hot and they're not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #28
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
I wonder how many bodyguards it would take to get the mass of nerds off of seeking retribution...

And buying a $500 umbrella is like...spending $16,000 on an umbrella stand =P. It better be made out of something special that says "I must have this".
Selena Gomez had a iIrkin bag a few months ago that worth at $12,000.

Most of these people live in a totally different world from the rest of us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:30 AM   #29
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
Son. Don't end up being a stalker.
I don't stalk people.

...I covet them.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #30
Canada Canada is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
71
847
29
41
Default

Butchering of names

Living Alone
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (08-31-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #31
Veronica Mars Veronica Mars is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Veronica Mars's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
3
654
98
2580
349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Selena Gomez had a iIrkin bag a few months ago that worth at $12,000.

Most of these people live in a totally different world from the rest of us.
That's one of the things I adore about Kristen Bell. Between her and her husband, they have around 40 million dollars and KB would NEVER buy a $500 umbrella or a $12,000 handbag. She'd buy the stuff the rest of us buy because umbrellas and handbags aren't important and, with the savings, she supports a lot of good causes.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (08-24-2016), Noetic Hatter (08-25-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 11:57 PM   #32
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
35
1674
669
287
406
283
593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
That's one of the things I adore about Kristen Bell. Between her and her husband, they have around 40 million dollars and KB would NEVER buy a $500 umbrella or a $12,000 handbag. She'd buy the stuff the rest of us buy because umbrellas and handbags aren't important and, with the savings, she supports a lot of good causes.
A woman of the people. But again I don't see why anyone would ever need to spend that much on stuff. I mean even if you have the money.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Veronica Mars (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 12:50 AM   #33
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
That's one of the things I adore about Kristen Bell. Between her and her husband, they have around 40 million dollars and KB would NEVER buy a $500 umbrella or a $12,000 handbag. She'd buy the stuff the rest of us buy because umbrellas and handbags aren't important and, with the savings, she supports a lot of good causes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
A woman of the people. But again I don't see why anyone would ever need to spend that much on stuff. I mean even if you have the money.
What exactly is the point of having that much money if you don't spend it on expensive stuff that you like?

...as if you would be any different with 50 million in the bank.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
llj (09-01-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 01:18 AM   #34
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
35
1674
669
287
406
283
593
Default

Tell that to MC Hammer and every other celeb who was worth million of dollars at one point and ended up filing for bankruptcy.

You be smart with your money and not blow it. You only pay for names. You can get the same items. You'll just be spending 10x for a designer name.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:27 AM   #35
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
Tell that to MC Hammer and every other celeb who was worth million of dollars at one point and ended up filing for bankruptcy.

You be smart with your money and not blow it. You only pay for names. You can get the same items. You'll just be spending 10x for a designer name.
People with that amount of money can afford to overpriced luxury items.

What matters is how many of those types of items they buy and what percentage of their income it represents.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:45 AM   #36
Veronica Mars Veronica Mars is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Veronica Mars's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
3
654
98
2580
349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
What exactly is the point of having that much money if you don't spend it on expensive stuff that you like?

...as if you would be any different with 50 million in the bank.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:49 AM   #37
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
10
307
15
38
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
Back at cha!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:06 AM   #38
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
938
131
17
25
Default

Here's what I'd do with $50 million:

1) Buy a good sized house with a security system and a walled in property for privacy's sake

2) Fully pay off a good car so I can worry about the insurance each month and all that

3) Pay to get the house furnished enough for comfort's sake

4) Set up a college fund for the kids, savings account for emergencies, a decent little inheritance for said kids with conditions

5) Put some of those millions to work in the world. Turn it into money that comes back as more and helps people out

6) Live on the rest comfortably, but not crazily

7) ....Profit
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:24 AM   #39
Canada Canada is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
71
847
29
41
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #40
Veronica Mars Veronica Mars is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Veronica Mars's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
3
654
98
2580
349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
Here's what I'd do with $50 million:

1) Buy a good sized house with a security system and a walled in property for privacy's sake

2) Fully pay off a good car so I can worry about the insurance each month and all that

3) Pay to get the house furnished enough for comfort's sake

4) Set up a college fund for the kids, savings account for emergencies, a decent little inheritance for said kids with conditions

5) Put some of those millions to work in the world. Turn it into money that comes back as more and helps people out

6) Live on the rest comfortably, but not crazily

7) ....Profit
Make sure the house is big enough so that you'll have plenty of room for JLF to live with you.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Tags
american, appreciation thread, melissa benoist

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.