Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.33
2 hrs ago
Lord of War 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Death and Return of Superman: The Complete Film Collection Giftset 4K (Blu-ray)
$41.01
9 hrs ago
Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

American Psycho 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ghost in the Shell 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 05-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #181
Special Member

May 2010
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
Itís just a matter of time till these come out.
Yes - since there will bec 2 new films and Discovery will return for a second Season it's as sure as water being wet.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #182
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Just saw Star Trek 2 in 4K on iTunes on my buddies set up and it looked stunning. Besides a few shots that were shot with a soft focus the detail and the color were beautiful.
I can't wait for this on UHD. But after seeing how the first 4 Mission Impossibles were not given Atmos I doubt if they will give one to Wrath of Khan.
Anyhow, bring it on!
Thanks given by:
Lope de Aguirre (05-27-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #183
Power Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

Personally, I hope they wait on TWOK until all six original films are ready to go, hopefully with both theatrical and director's Cuts of I & VI as well. TWOK is so overdone at this point, I honestly have very little interest in watching it again for a good, long time (the mediocrity of STID and how much TWOK was pimped out in relation to it didn't help).

But I'd definitely enjoy the chance to watch the others... as I always found the blu-ray releases pretty subpar, I never bothered upgrading from the 2-disc DVD editions. It's sad that TOS, TNG and ENT are available in such great quality on blu-ray, but the films have been treated like garbage.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:18 AM   #184

Sep 2016

This was just added in 4K UHD Disc Quality on the Kaleidescape Movie Store...
Old 05-27-2018, 03:50 AM   #185
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAttHEATLifer View Post
This was just added in 4K UHD Disc Quality on the Kaleidescape Movie Store...
What does that mean as far as disc. I haven't heard of them before.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #186

Sep 2016

https://www.kaleidescape.com

Kaleidescape is a digital server that allows you to download and store 4k and Blu-ray Disc quality versions of movies so you do not have to deal with discs...

They offer a bunch of movies that are not on 4k discs but only on streaming so with them you get disc quality of them...
Thanks given by:
Bolty (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #187
Special Member

May 2010
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
Personally, I hope they wait on TWOK until all six original films are ready to go, hopefully with both theatrical and director's Cuts of I & VI as well.
Oh I am looking forward for I + III-X being released on UHD!
And yes please with both cuts of I+VI.

Quote:
But I'd definitely enjoy the chance to watch the others... as I always found the blu-ray releases pretty subpar, I never bothered upgrading from the 2-disc DVD editions.
I still recommend to upgrade to the Blu-rays.
But despite them being an upgrade over the DVDs subpar is VERY nice in comparison with other Blu-rays.

Quote:
It's sad that TOS, TNG and ENT are available in such great quality on blu-ray, but the films have been treated like garbage.
It's also sad that we still not have DS9 on Blu-ray!
Thanks given by:
Bolty (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #188
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
I can't wait for this on UHD. But after seeing how the first 4 Mission Impossibles were not given Atmos I doubt if they will give one to Wrath of Khan.
They've remixed them twice now (to 5.1 and now 7.1) so I can see them doing an Atmos remix for UHD - M:I has no remix history.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #189
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Personally, I hope they wait on TWOK until all six original films are ready to go, hopefully with both theatrical and director's Cuts of I & VI as well. TWOK is so overdone at this point, I honestly have very little interest in watching it again for a good, long time (the mediocrity of STID and how much TWOK was pimped out in relation to it didn't help).

But I'd definitely enjoy the chance to watch the others... as I always found the blu-ray releases pretty subpar, I never bothered upgrading from the 2-disc DVD editions. It's sad that TOS, TNG and ENT are available in such great quality on blu-ray, but the films have been treated like garbage.
I have a feeling when the first six films are released on UHD BD (and I do think it will happen) it may be a situation like Jurassic Park. They will probably just do a 4K scan of an IP - outside of II which I believe was from the ON. I don't see Paramount spending that kind of money on all of them. Now, if they can control their grain management and processing, these could look very nice. Let's hope Grease doesn't happen.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM   #190
Power Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
They will probably just do a 4K scan of an IP - outside of II which I believe was from the ON. I don't see Paramount spending that kind of money on all of them.
It's sad, but you're probably right. Even though they should spend the money to preserve the films at 4K in the best possible quality, they'll probably cut what corners they think they can get away with.

Still, the end result could be quite good if the right person is on the job, even with an IP scan. It would be great to finally be able to retire my old DVDs, and have all the films from one of my favorite franchises in the best possible quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lope de Aguirre View Post
I still recommend to upgrade to the Blu-rays.
But despite them being an upgrade over the DVDs subpar is VERY nice in comparison with other Blu-rays.
Yeah, I suppose I probably should have... I mean I've seen them for pretty damn cheap over the years. I guess I just always resented the relatively poor quality of them, and not buying it - regardless of how cheap they got - was just my way of protesting Paramount's constant repackaging of the same mediocre transfers again and again.

At this point, I'm just hoping we're getting close enough to a UHD release of these films (maybe in 2019) that I can just skip over the blus and go straight from DVD to UHD.

Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 05-27-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:21 AM   #191

Jan 2015

I would really love to see all of the original films in 4k. The Star Trek films I look forward to seeing in 4k the most are The Motion Picture, The Wrath Of Khan, The Search For Spock, The Voyage Home, and First Contact.

I want to see this sequence mastered in 4k (hopefully the Theatrical Cut from the original negative):
The clip is from the Director's Edition of TMP, but you get the idea.
Thanks given by:
Bolty (06-29-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #192

Dec 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells

The audio on the 4K Blu-ray should be:
English: Dolby Atmos
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
German: Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian: Dolby Digital 2.0
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Brazilian)
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono (Latin American)
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Castilian)
And the subtitles should be: English, English SDH, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal), Spanish (Castilian and Latin American), Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #193
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosley likes BFDI View Post
The audio on the 4K Blu-ray should be:
English: Dolby Atmos
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
German: Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian: Dolby Digital 2.0
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Brazilian)
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono (Latin American)
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 (Castilian)
And the subtitles should be: English, English SDH, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal), Spanish (Castilian and Latin American), Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish.

Are we speculating here?
Old 07-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #194
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

I would buy all the Trek's on 4K blu-ray in a second if they were available.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #195
Special Member

May 2010
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
I would buy all the Trek's on 4K blu-ray in a second if they were available.
Yeah, if I find a pre-order link, all 10 are ordered then and there.

Thanks given by:
i007spectre (07-08-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #196
Expert Member

Jan 2011

Lossless original audio mixes, all versions included, proper color timing and no dnr. That’s what we need for the 1080p versions let alone 4k. The BD set looked so bad I gave up and got all six Laserdiscs and really had a blast. (Lossless original audio and close for the time color timing. It might be standard def but all six have great transfers. TMP in particular is one of the best LDs I’ve yet seen.)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists